Unfortunately I don't have pics of it after the change. I was in the zone and changed it and painted it all in one day LOL

That's ok Zac, we'll believe you - just make sure you complete your vow, I expect nothing less than Sergeant rank from you! msn-wink.gif

Speedy and great work but begs the question "What are you going to do next?" msn-wink.gif

I think my Baneblade will be one of the last completions sad.png

As long as it's completed in time that's all that really matters, besides if I keep up my current pace it may well be me that finishes last! :P

We commissars are not finishing last, we are just following at the rear to make sure every one else does their duty and does not retreat in the face of the aliens and heretics ;)

Good to see progress being made, even though it's early days for Big Guns. Great to see an old school Russ too, that's a nifty conversion I didn't spot it as being one at first so well done there! I'm itching to paint my tank now, but I've got to finish building it first!

In case anyone was wondering, I haven't forgotten about the traditional entrants list - it will be coming once the first deadline has expired and we have all participants :)

Good to see progress being made, even though it's early days for Big Guns. Great to see an old school Russ too, that's a nifty conversion I didn't spot it as being one at first so well done there! I'm itching to paint my tank now, but I've got to finish building it first!

In case anyone was wondering, I haven't forgotten about the traditional entrants list - it will be coming once the first deadline has expired and we have all participants smile.png

Oh we are still at the entry part... hmm... should have held back a bit perhaps on mine?

Perhaps another vow to make it fair?

In case anyone was wondering, I haven't forgotten about the traditional entrants list - it will be coming once the first deadline has expired and we have all participants smile.png

Oh we are still at the entry part... hmm... should have held back a bit perhaps on mine?

Thanks Fish, I personally find the standard russ lacklustre but the Vanquisher more useful. Had a spare Russ barrel so used it to extend this one.

And Vash, as you got it done so quick and as you did such a great job I would love to see what you can do next!

Thanks Fish, I personally find the standard russ lacklustre but the Vanquisher more useful. Had a spare Russ barrel so used it to extend this one.

And Vash, as you got it done so quick and as you did such a great job I would love to see what you can do next!

Looking at your tanks gets me all worked up with the camo scheme. Looks like fun and you have truly inspired me. Just need to find some cash before the time runs out for a vehicle of some kind (money went to the dentist this month...).

No need Vash you followed the rules and all's fair in paint and war! laugh.png If you really insist next Regiments challenge can have a clause so that you get half the allotted time. There's precedence as Big Guns has a clause where Elmo can only vow a super heavy laugh.png

Great work so far, everyone! :)

Scatmandoo, I noticed on the Russ' comms the antenna is missing. It snapped off?

The same happened to me but I decided I'll replace it with a length of (non-coil) guitar wire instead. Should look better that way too.

Great work so far, everyone! :)

Scatmandoo, I noticed on the Russ' comms the antenna is missing. It snapped off?

The same happened to me but I decided I'll replace it with a length of (non-coil) guitar wire instead. Should look better that way too.

Indeed, the damn thing snapped. Will look into guitar wire, though I have a backup upgrade incase.

I hereby claim this Project completed.

I present Colonel Ulfric of the Joutinhiem 798th, with the spirit of Saint Isabel of the Order of the Blushing Maiden, Commanding the Leman Russ Punisher Isabel's Vengance 

10407901_10205127098529110_1908307397754   10610638_10205127098689114_1264222997601   10421309_10205127098369106_5068461359666

Unit Write up:

The Joutinheim 798th Armored Regiment

Compared to most other worlds of the Imperium of Man, Joutinheim's history is comparatively more recent. With Colonists arriving mere 3 millenia ago. Upon establishing the colony, the Muitorium received word requesting Arms and equipment for a guard regiment. Thus the Joutinheim 798th was begun. It's troopers are typical Iceworlders, with heaters used to merely keep the body from frostbite etc.

Due to the limited number of citizens on Joutinheim, the Guard regiment is Primarily an Armored Regiment. Minimal Infantry ground troops, supported by the walls of ceramite that make up the Regiments vast Leman Russ squadrons. Not to mention the Regiments two super heavy tanks, The Baneblade Midnight Chill and the Shadowsword Dawn's Requiem.

Colonel Ulfric Harman commands the unit from his Leman Russ Punisher Isabel's Vengeance and was the first Joutinheimer to complete the Schola Progenium's Armored Warfare course. Second in command is Silf Gurnhide, in her Leman russ Vanquisher Frostbite. Moral is handled by Commissar Zac, who has been instrumental in the shaping of the unit. Although being a mixed regiment, moral is often in high spirits, especially during Joutinhiem's particularly chilly winters.

Notable achievements include: Assisting in the founding of the Order of the Blushing Maiden. Which has brought much prosperity to Joutinheim. Ties with the order are so close that some battle sisters serve along side Guardsmen and Women, some even on the same equipment like the regiment's pride and lead vehicle Isabel's Vengeance, named after a fallen saint of the order.

The men and women of Joutinheim's history is still young, compared to others, but is no less noble. Driven by their stubborn win at all costs attitude, and guided by the light of the Emperor shone to them by the Order of the Blushing Maiden, they will grab the future with their own hands and shape it according to His will. And woe to any who stand in their way. Those that don't fall to their precision las gun fire will be crushed by their tank treads.

Vehicle Write up:

The Legend of the Haunted Leman Russ

The Joutinheim 798th Armored Regiment had always had close ties with The Order of the Blushing Maiden since it's order's founder rescued one of the regiment's Commissars leading to the order's founding. But commanding the regiment in it's “haunted” Leman Russ Punisher is an honor that is given to only the most compitent and qualified. So guarded is the position, that it's recipient and crew is chosen by a board made up of the Commissariat and the Cannoness of the Order. The following is the tale of how the Haunted Leman Russ came to be.

Long ago on planet Joutinheim, the demons of chaos sought to claim the planet for their perverse dark gods. The brave men and women of the Joutinheim 798th Armored Regiment and the Order of the Blushing Maiden were fighting valiantly, Sister Isabel's squad had managed to locate and engage the enemy demon prince. With a mighty backhand from the demon her squad was decimated, and Sister Isabel was mortally wounded. Before the demon prince could land the killing blow a hail of shells landed square in his back. The armored regiment's remaining Leman Russ punisher had broken through the lines and lent its aid to Sister Isabel. The demon buckled under the flurry of rounds that pelted it to near submission. In an incredible act of strength the demon smashed into the tank and stunned the heroic crew inside, effectively silencing the Punisher cannon that had left him clinging to his own life. The demon then extracted his revenge by pulling out the crew only to rip them apart like dolls. The Scions using the tank as cover flanked the demon and opened fire with their Hot shot lasguns. Annoyed at the pesky soldiers he turned and gave chase. Isabel took the opportunity while the demon was distracted to climb in to the tank and reawaken the Punisher cannon. Gears and servos whined in protest as she brought the turret to bear on the demon's head. “AVE IMPERATOR FOUL DEMON!!!!!!!” she cried as the cannon perforated the demon with countless rounds. The demon was reduced to a pile of offal and pink mist as the main gun expended the last of it's ammo. As Isabel lay dying in the turret, she spoke a final prayer. “Holy Emperor....if it is your will to call me to the Golden Throne....then I eagerly await....your beckon...but my work is not yet done...if you can see fit to grant my one selfish wish to....see all your enemies destroyed before I report to your side, You would have my eternal gratitude.”
After the battle, and once the Punisher was repaired, the new crew reported hearing war hymns when the engine was idling, and the commander reported hearing the cry “AVE IMPERATOR!!!” as the Punisher Cannon unleashed it's payload. The Adpetus Mechanicus investigated and found the Tank functioning as normal. The Cannoness of the order, along with the regiment's Commissar agreed, that due to Valiant effort of Sister Isabel she would be canonized and made a Saint of the Order. And the Leman Russ that slayed the demon prince would be the Unit's standard bearer, and the Crew chosen based on merits both the Order and the Unit held in high regard.

Current Crew of the Leman Russ Punisher “Isabel's Vengence”

Commander: Colonel Ulfric Harman
Driver: Sgt Flykr Ranagan
Main Gunner: Sister Mary Pendragon
Left Sponson Gunner: Cpl Reggie Marbot
Right Sponson Gunner: Sister Geniveve Perna
Hull Gunner: Sister Fraiya Gunier

Good work. Our first tank completion.

Will someone hurry up and finish a baneblade now ;)

Just joking, still loads of time...

Let the super heavy painting race begin! biggrin.png

You can't race against a Commisar though. If he comes first, then he wins. If he comes last, then he wins (probably because he's executed the rest of the field for heresy)...

Archived