Nonsense, it looks like a fine tank to me! We can't all be Kier ;) Well done Chef, a great completion! I particularly like your camouflage, what colours did you use?

I will be returning to post up the entrants table soon, hopefully tonight :tu:

I got my computer backwoot.gif It has been at a friends house, since I can't put in high preformance SSD without destroing it. Apparently a lot has happened since last time. I've been trying to catch up and I have run out of likes too.

A quick update My Vanquisher is almost done and soon the story too ( put on a keetle of tea or coffe, it may take all night... no, just kidding it's only a couple of pages...about four right now, that may change thoughmsn-wink.gif ).

Loking at all the others amazing paintjob, it makes me wish I had much more talent myself.

@ WarriorFish: Do you want me to gather all my pictures and stories in one post. Right now it is kinda scattered.

It has come to my attention that people are talking about Chef not having made a WIP post, and saying the commissariat made a mistake in accepting the completion. This is, of course, a complete fabrication and the work of traitors and xenos attempting to weaken His most glorious Imperium of Man. As we well know Commissars do not make mistakes. Anyone spreading such heretical falsehoods will be shot without trial and their name struck from all records.

All vow posts will be processed by the scribes shortly, until then you are to await further instruction.

WarriorFish

Regimental Command Commissar

Nonsense, it looks like a fine tank to me! We can't all be Kier msn-wink.gif Well done Chef, a great completion! I particularly like your camouflage, what colours did you use?

I will be returning to post up the entrants table soon, hopefully tonight thumbsup.gif

The camo is Army Painter Army Green, Citadel Castellan Green and Citadel Mournfang Brown and finished with Athonian Camoshade.

If anyone wants a WIP picture, I've got one to post.

My vow has been completed, the Leman Russ Punisher "Pheonix" stands ready to hose greenskins with righteous bullets.

I have been painting a lot of Steel Legion tanks lately, and its still a learning experience getting the weathering I want. So, while I consider myself done at the moment. It's highly likely that new little touches will make its way onto it as I go and try new things/tweak the look further.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/8499/dE3ffr.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/9596/Uv7D8e.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img911/4571/zqbiSk.jpg

Army and tank background. Wall of text behind the spoiler-tag:

Armageddon Steel Legion - 121st Regiment, 3'rd Armoured Company:

The current 3'rd Armoured Company served in the defense of Hive Helsreach. Originally a Leman Russ company with Armored Fist squad support, the fighting at Helsreach has taken a 
significant toll on many of its original elements. Once the forces of the 121'st were allowed to regroup the resulting 3'rd company became a rather varied selection of tanks, armored infantry and support elements like Artillery and Sentinels filling out the ranks until conventional organization can be restored. Leading up to the Third War of Armageddon, the 3'rd Armoured Company was led by Company Commander Oswald Clovis, a respected leader and cunning tactician. During the initial stages of the siege of Hive Helsreach the 3'rd AC was present along the front lines, making the Orks pay for every inch gained with as many lives as possible. By the end of the first month of fighting nearly half of the 3'rd AC was gone or put out of commission. 

The forces of Helsreach were held up protecting the heart of the hive as reports of an imminent naval assault rolled in. At the time, the 3'rd Armoured Company had been ordered to set up defensive positions around one of the still operational Prometheum pipe-relays that ran from below to higher up into the spire. The relay, as it turned out, didn't find itself in immediate danger of being attacked. Due to its position within relative proximity to the civilian shelters on the waterfront, Oswald requested that he be allowed to send elements of his Company to aid the vastly understaffed and equipped PDF stationed there. He was ordered to stand his ground, as all Steel Legion forces were. When the waterborne Orks made landfall the vox crackled with frantic pleas of help. The PDF's were not prepared for an attack of this magnitude and the reinforcements that had been promised were primarily focused on defending the dockworks, not the shelters. Unable to sit back and hope for the Orks to suddenly turn their path of destruction his way, to justify high-commands actions, he readied a portion of the Company to ride for the shelters. The heroic charge never came.Oswalds second in command, Wilhelm Reiner, strongly disagreed with the plan. After a heated exchange between the two Wilhelm reported Oswalds actions to their attached Commissar, Helena Laurentia. Oswald was summarily executed against the hull of his Leman Russ, "for disobeying strict orders", just as he was about to leave. For his "obedience and devotion to the Emperor", Wilhelm Reiner was promoted to the rank of Company Commander. The Orks never came in time, three days later the 3'rd AC was ordered to pull further back and help shore up the last lines of defense.

By the time the Orks were forced to fall back and take cover from the noxious ash rain of the Seasons of Fire, 3'rd AC had suffered further casualties. However, remaining elements of other companies were merged into it as the Imperial Forces were allowed to regroup, bringing the total strength back up. In the wake of the siege the 3'rd AC has taken part in efforts to clear portions of the Hive still held by Orks, and missions to destroy the Ork Roks that still litter the plains surrounding Helsreach. 

Leman Russ Punisher, A1c, "Phoenix":

A1c, first saw real combat during the siege of Hive Helsreach. At the time it was commanded by Obern Weiss and his fresh-faced crew who were all subjected to a trial by fire unlike any they could have imagined. During the initial stages of the siege A1c quickly built an impressive(though highly approximate) kill count as it hosed the green-tide splashing harmlessly of the outer walls with bullets. As the Ork Gargants moved in on the hive and the 121st were forced to vacate the walls, A1c continued to prove its worth, stemming the tide of Orks advancing through the streets as the Imperial forces were slowly pushed further into the hive. During one fateful engagement A1c took two damaging hits, the first took out the left track, the second hit lower right front of the turret, destroying the gatling cannon. The hit also took the life of Obern, the main gunner, loader and badly injured the right sponson gunner. As the Steel Legion line was successful in pushing the front two blocks up, the remaining crew of A1c were able to refit the damaged track with fresh tread links and pull the ailing tank back to HQ. There A1c was orderd to reach the Rostorik Ironworks for repairs and refitting.

Due to strained resources and the ever deteriorating conditions of the siege, A1c, along many other armored vehicles, never saw the promised repairs until the orks withdrew at the outbreak of the Seasons of Fire. A1c was finally brought back into fighting condition as the Imperial Forces were allowed regroup and consolidate. Upon its return to service it was jokingly named "Phoenix" by the now reinforced crew. It is currently engaged in clearing out Orks that dug in and remained in the Hive as the Seasons of Fire began. 

Nice work Raven. The God Emperor himself would be proud thumbsup.gif

He did mention that the bolter barrels could be drilled out though ;)

Yes that is a very fine completion indeed and a very well won Sergeant rank :D Well done Raven :tu: The only improvements I can see is drilling out the barrels and doing the lenses, it'd be perfect then :D The progress list has been updated to reflect your promotion too :)

Keep up the hard work comrades, I hope to be getting some well overdue progress on my tank done this week!

+++++ Incoming Transmission ++++++

Attention all Generals

It has come to our attention through half picts and rumours, that the 171st have been granted full use of either a Manticore or Deathstrike as of today.

We are doing all we can to establish the truth in these rumours and find out how such are rare and coveted asset has reached the hands of such a newly formed junior Regiment. We endeavour to have this investigation completed midnight Terran time.

Inquisitor Onyx Farquoa

++++++ Transmission Ends +++++++++

Been meaning to pick up a little hand drill for ages.. tongue.png

Doooo it! You will wonder why you never bought one earlier!

++++++++++++++ Incoming Transmission +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Generals, 

The news I transmitted earlier was true. The Cadian 171st Combined Regiment have indeed had their armoury supplemented by a Manticore that has had it's Machine Spirit supplemented to allow modification to become a bearer of the Deathstrike missile. 

First off are the pictures of the Vehicle to show what has been achieved. 

First outfitted as a Manticore;

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114600.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114610.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114630.jpg

And then outfitted with the glorious Deathstrike missile;

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_115137.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_115203.jpg

Here is some previous Regiment Info;

Here is my Regimental history,

The glorious Cadian 171st Regiment had originally been involved in fighting in the Ultima Segmentum against the Tyranid threat found in Hive fleet Kraken.
Unfortunately despite some heroic actions they were wiped out to the man. The bells rang on Cadia and the Regiment was disbanded into history.

Once the Threat of Hive Fleet Leviathan and the Ork incursion of the Forsarr sector had become apparent in the Segmentum Tempestus the High Lords decided to raise another regiment from Cadia.
Then arrived the newly formed Regiment to the sector and as with any new regiment, they have been given very few combat veterans, new kit or supplies. However they do have plenty of hand me down should be scrapped vehicles and weapons, and more than enough ‘green’ troopers. Led into battle by Colonel Anders Gunderson, an officer school veteran held in high regard by even Lord Creed! How the regiment fares will be decided on how Colonel Anders bonds his men into a efficient fighting force while dealing with the odd mission from a couple of mysterious Inquisitors nearby.

Early records of the company have indicated that they will soon swiftly become a highly regarded force due to some successful encounters against both Orks and even some traitor marines. they are being reinforced by some Tempestus scions and Ogryn to bolster their numbers to aid their fighting skills. One skill they have found is in acquiring Plasma, be it in hand held pistols and assault rifles, Plasma cannon armoured Sentinels or even a rare Leman Russ Executioner. How they are doing this is baffling any observers but on more than one occasion the hierarchy have been heard saying "It's not always what you know, it's who you know"!

Here is some updated History since the last transcripts were done. 

The 171st have been involved heavily with fighting in the Forsarr sector. Due to losses and the environment the Rgt currently find themselves, they have been adapting their structure to resemble more of an Armoured make up with more focus on mobility. 

This has raised eyebrows to observers as they seem to have been resupplied with "new" vehicles to aid their fight. 

While a mystery to others, it is fact a Regiment secret as they have been fighting on behalf of an un-named, unknown Inquisitor who has led the fight to a long abandoned Imperium storage facility. It has only been possible to a short break in the Warp storms around the planet which consumed the life of all the inhabitants. 

Recently they have been taking on a Space marine force that had gone rogue, and had been following their own agenda and not that of the Imperium. A couple of splinter Tyranid fleet forces had been encountered too. 

The Force from my studies have been enhancing their tactics and are looking very competent considering when they were formed.

Now for some Vehicle specific details;

A 2 x Manticore and a Deathstrike Launcher were both found in the Storage facility along with a vast amount of ammo for both types. Both were in dis-repair due to being left alone without serfs attending them. 

After much deliberation and investigation by the Regiments Tech Priests, They decided they could salvage one Manticore Chassis, another's Launch rail and targeting systems, and the Launch rail and systems of the Deathstrike. They hated not being able to save all 3 but due to time restraints of the Warp Storm coming back they had to act. 

Unfortunately due to what was needed, the Machine spirit has been has become more twisted and temperamental than most of this age. Due to the different memories of all the elements the vehicle has become confused as to it's role, and by doing so ensured that it was permanently fitted with a Hull Heavy Flamer. It has waited too long to take on the enemies of the Imperium and has more incentive and drive than your average Hellhound or Sentinel to charge forthwith reigning death. Accidents are common on long transits to new warzones, but due to it's performance on the field it is given leniency. Due to this and the Construction accidents that happened, the vehicle is being named "Deathslayer" by the troops.

Thanks for reading this Tactical update. The Emperor watches over the 171st it appears and I am now keeping my own eyes pealed on how this regiment builds and due to the sterling service that was done for the last Inquisitor, I will look to using these to aid my battles for the Imperium. 

For the Imperium's service

Inquisitor Onyx Farquoa

+++++++++++++++++++ Transmission Ends +++++++++++++++++++++++

Huzzah, another fine completion - in at Sergeant rank scats! The entrants table has been updated to reflect this. Just got to wait for the awards ceremony for your ascension to Warrant Officer Class 2 now msn-wink.gif

Oooo exciting. looking forward to it. Quite partial to a field promotion mind..........

Archived