Here's a quick snap before I scurry off to undercoat:

gallery_30308_3239_7862.jpg

As you can see, I just glued the magnet on top of the strut. It's still flush with the sponson and side of the tank so works fine so I save quite a bit of time by not countersinking the magnets smile.png Not the finest of work no, but nobody will be looking at it :P

@ Fasha That was a briliant write up with so many levels. Let me start with what I thought was very interesting namely the Cabal. In Legion by Dan Abnett the Cabal solution to the war and the killing of the Chaos gods is to overthrew/kill the Emperor, thats why the Alpha Legion joined Horus out of loyalty to the Emperor. Are your Guards unknowingly on a treacherous path, or has the Cabal presented a different truth(mayby the right one) to the Inquisitor, because I assume that your Guardsmen are loyal to the Emperor.

I like the warp isolation story as well. Being cut off the Imperium most of the year does something to people and you gave me a very clear picture what it was like and I liked the idea.

You have constructed a well thought out hierarchy for the sector, leading to the pollution factories being placed on the moon to ensure fresh air for the wealthy.

Raven Guard is my favorite Astartes legion, so I could not help to notice thissmile.png

and the outer asteroid belt of Lycaeus.

For those that don't know Lycaeus is the name Kiavahrs moon. After Corax liberated it the name was changed to Deliverance. I take it that this is no coimcidence or?

You wrote that you had more to write, please doyes.gif

@WarriorFish Nice shortcut, I looked closely but I failed to see the hulls magntes, are they drilled in? A good start though, and I do look forward to seeing your progress.

Seeing everybody's awesome tanks I'm loosing confedent, so I'll think I blur my picture, will that do?tongue.png

@ Fasha That was a briliant write up with so many levels. Let me start with what I thought was very interesting namely the Cabal. In Legion by Dan Abnett the Cabal solution to the war and the killing of the Chaos gods is to overthrew/kill the Emperor, thats why the Alpha Legion joined Horus out of loyalty to the Emperor. Are your Guards unknowingly on a treacherous path, or has the Cabal presented a different truth(mayby the right one) to the Inquisitor, because I assume that your Guardsmen are loyal to the Emperor.

I like the warp isolation story as well. Being cut off the Imperium most of the year does something to people and you gave me a very clear picture what it was like and I liked the idea.

You have constructed a well thought out hierarchy for the sector, leading to the pollution factories being placed on the moon to ensure fresh air for the wealthy.

Raven Guard is my favorite Astartes legion, so I could not help to notice thissmile.png

and the outer asteroid belt of Lycaeus.

For those that don't know Lycaeus is the name Kiavahrs moon. After Corax liberated it the name was changed to Deliverance. I take it that this is no coimcidence or?

You wrote that you had more to write, please doyes.gif

@WarriorFish Nice shortcut, I looked closely but I failed to see the hulls magntes, are they drilled in? A good start though, and I do look forward to seeing your progress.

Seeing everybody's awesome tanks I'm loosing confedent, so I'll think I blur my picture, will that do?tongue.png

Nice catch there, Sviar. I had forgotten about the Cabala and the pragmatic choice that the Alpha Legion made. Too bad the ways of Chaos are too strong for them.

Nice work everyone.

Elmo, your fluff matches the quality of your tank. I loved the bit where the Hellhound cleaned the Orks off the hull. :D

WarriorFish, those magnets look fine! Mine are caked in with so much epoxy resin it looks like there's enough amber in there to populate a park full of dinosaurs.

There's some really nice stuff in here, and I'm jealous as hell of that Leman Russ Incinerator.

If I'd noticed this sooner, I have a FW Armageddon Pattern Basi I could have entered. But let's be honest: I probably would have blown the deadline.

Yes you probably would have BCK :lol: It's the thought that counts right? :P For the interior magnet it's hidden by the tracks now but it couldn't be simpler. Here's the picture from the tutorial:

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/IMAG0559_zps439122e4.jpg

Once the magnets on the sponson are glued and set place the sponson on the side of the tank as it would be normally and throw the larger magnet onto the interior of the side. It'll naturally find the perfect spot and you can glue it in place. Nice and simple, the only real effort is in putting the struts in the sponsons for the magnet to stick to :)

We've still not figured out what it's for tongue.png Coming along nicely Chef, you must be almost finished now!

I figured it was a similar idea to boot lid on a Range Rover. You can sit on the front of your Punisher with some hot Bovril and your labrador and watch some point to point racing?!

That is an amazing tank Chef. The camo is really good, the colours are smooth and blends in with each other very nicely.

@ Our _Baz Like I said before I really like the urban camo, The fresh and clean look, it is fantastic.

We've still not figured out what it's for

I thought it was a platform that would hold one scotter, you know when the pizza place are too scared to deliver into a war zone, you'll have to get the pizza yourselflaugh.png

Looking great, Baz. that camo is excellent.

Your too, Chef.

I put 18 decals on my Russ (most too small to notice unless you look hard) this week and did the vision blocks (as well as redoing those of another Russ, a Chimera and a Medusa so they're all the same) last night. Just Typhus corrosion, weathering powders and some more detailing...oh and the crew...and then I'll be done.

Hopefully I can take some photos this weekend, finished or not.

Looking great, Baz. that camo is excellent.

Your too, Chef.

I put 18 decals on my Russ (most too small to notice unless you look hard) this week and did the vision blocks (as well as redoing those of another Russ, a Chimera and a Medusa so they're all the same) last night. Just Typhus corrosion, weathering powders and some more detailing...oh and the crew...and then I'll be done.

Hopefully I can take some photos this weekend, finished or not.

I've never used weathering powder how does it work?

Wyvern completed!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Imperial%20Guard/wy4.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Imperial%20Guard/wy1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Imperial%20Guard/wy_multi.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Imperial%20Guard/wy_multi2.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa216/cod_lover/Imperial%20Guard/wy_chi2.jpg

Here's a little group shot with the Chimera (previous challenge), which has received a new lense colour to now match the Wyvern. The PDF is growing, but slowly!

I did leave the mortar barrels off to make it easier to turn into a Hydra when needed, apart from that it's pretty much finished.

After having converted almost every single figure for my space marine force, I think my guard/pdf will remain mostly stock standard but will focus on the painting and adding little extras to create some character.

Hope the rest of the Regiments carry on... painting thumbsup.gif

Archived