The Thracian Crusade : Gather the brethren !

Ciler

On a critical note: the power field effect could probably be better executed, especially the lightings. You had an interesting idea, but since this is the first time you tried it, there's room for improvement. The power field effect on your power weapons looks great, by the way.

With that out of the way, I really like what you're going for - as falcongek said, it adds colour and a kind of 'vibrancy' to the model. If I were you, I'd extend the effect to the edges too, probably going for lighter tones on the very edges.

I like the blue but it feels more like a heraldic choice than a power field.

Check out cattatafish on yt. He did a great thunderhammer Video, that I found on here (I am sorry I forgot which crusade all Credit to the marshal in question). He also has one on shields.

I like the blue but it feels more like a heraldic choice than a power field.

Check out cattatafish on yt. He did a great thunderhammer Video, that I found on here (I am sorry I forgot which crusade all Credit to the marshal in question). He also has one on shields.

That's his tutorial I tried to use, guess I should watch it again...

In that case just try it again, first time trying a thing will always fail and he looks great as is. I feel like the main problem for me is with the lightning you want to go through two lighter shades of blue until you go white, which is not trivial when wanting to produce clean and crisp lightning. Really nice flowing paint and a very sharp tippe brush are needed. But then again looking at the Rest of your work you propably dont need me to Tell you that because you can do it anyhow.

To sum up: keep at it, it looks good

Eh, I like it. It's better than I could have managed. Of course you have a high and crisp standard to hold it to, so I understand the criticism, but to me it is an obvious representation of the power field, and looks good beyond "tabletop" and right up close.

Archived