The Thracian Crusade : Gather the brethren !

Ciler

Hello.

Rumours of my demise have been somewhat exaggerated, but I have been away from my templars for a while admittedly. However, I have a game scheduled on Thursday that will involve 1500 pts of imperial knights (gone rogue obviously). ALthough it would be according to our tactical principles to charge them head along, I'm thinking it may not be effective so I'm turning to a shooty list which I will support with a funky combo I've seen played : devs + chapter banner + apothecary, in cover. Which means I needed a banner and the ancient on bike you may have seen on page 9 of this thread is still nowhere near completed, so i cobbled this fellow together :

fe6d1cbb94b496445ccae40bf3a997b82163f353

Any thoughts ?

The banner is actually printed, doused in white glue and affixed to the surface of the banner flag. With a sufficient amount of glue, the paper softens enough to match the form of the flag. Then a bit of painting over (mostly the black so that they match) and... voila.

That idea for a paper banner... Its great.

Just normal paper? Or special photography paper?

Plain old regular printer paper.

Almost final result :

gallery_83433_11463_66398.jpg - 2dd5ee09e2c208f63c292ed5c7faf37aa2c27364

Oh and yes, just in case anyone wondered, the skull is there to prevent the haft from slipping, since the arm is magnetised and can rotate.

Which parts of it are the actual paper? Is it everything inside the red kind of frame?

Did you highlight the black folds over the paper or is all of that model?

I am amazed by this. I have been wondering how I would get my crusade banner on the tabletop and this is the simplest way to do it I think. Also it looks amazing.

Which parts of it are the actual paper? Is it everything inside the red kind of frame?

Did you highlight the black folds over the paper or is all of that model?

I am amazed by this. I have been wondering how I would get my crusade banner on the tabletop and this is the simplest way to do it I think. Also it looks amazing.

More or less everything inside the red frame, yes. Not perfectly though so from some angles you can still see a slight ridge where the paper stops. And yes, I painted the black areas of the paper in the same (chaos) black as the rest of the model and did some highlights on the creases.

• 4 months later...

He does make for a nice rendtion of a cemobyte servitor now that he carries a sword with a proper hilt!

(at least I always assumed the little dudes in Helbrechts image in our codex were cenobyte servitors... and I much preffered that look of them to the more classical servitor look of Grimaldus' relic bearers...)

Perhaps he could use some technological mccubbins to complete that look, but don't ask me how one would add any.

• 2 weeks later...

So, some of ye might remember some of my earlier conversion/kitbash work, which I am slowly back in the process of finishing up. Part of the delay may of course be blamed to Tzeench's plots and schemes. Having said that I'm almost done (mostly bases to follow), so in the spirit of the rumour engine here's a teaser :

0931213814760a7c0e5d6b257908efebe91fe4e7

Can you guess ?

Love me some knights! I'll have to keep these guys in mind when I eventually do some. I especially like the apothecary's bits on the back.

Those are from the Dark Eldar Talos / Cronos kit.

In order to take full advantage of the new Vigilus formation and drop in storm shield point value, I am calling the Brethren !

3ba296f3465c8cfef94e0bb3d029acf3942fca17

The chainsword is magnetised at the wrist to allow swapping with a power weapon (based on target).

Still need to add a cape but I think this fine fellow makes for a good first attempt. You can't really see it behind the shield but he's sporting one of our traditional tabards (trhe one with two ribbons that fits well on right-knee forward models)..

• 3 weeks later...

So here's the fellow with a bit of paint on :

b19f40d2a8a2ff4b1aa0e5f64669ef242bc4493e - f87d4a13ea57254884bbcab8b6c4d97ed6d8f4bf

I tried to go for a power field/lightning effect on the shield. Does it work, should I extend it to the edges, or should I just repaint it black ?

Archived