Changing of the guard...

Aqui

As some may have seen here, that our esteemed Brother Messor has decided to step down as a Moderator for the Liber sad.png However, we do have two new Moderators take up the mantle in his place. Please welcome Conn Eremon and LySiMachus as they take up the fight against the Typo Daemons happy.png

Thank you Messor and congratulations Conn Eremon and LySiMachus! happy.png

The doors to the Liber were bolted shut as was the tradition set in ages past. The litanies were chanted, the incense burners releasing meditatives to calm the machine spirits as they recorded the ceremony. It wouldn't do to anger some of the more...unusual denizens within those hallowed halls.

"Brothers" intoned Messor. "Do you swear to uphold the traditions and rites of this humble department?"

"We shall."

"Do you swear to ensure that no Typo Daemon is allowed to wander these halls, that you remain stalwart when all others have baulked in their duty? To remain free of the Mary Sue, to walk the path of laid out by Brother Kurgan all those moons ago?"

"We shall."

"And will you also ensure that Aquilanus remains lucid when his...minds wander too much from getting distracted by the articles he has to write? And to never, ever lay a hand on Olis' Volkite, even though it is a Uber weapon that has no place in the Liber?"

Conn Eremon and LySiMachus hesitated. No one had said anything about keeping an eye on Aquilanus. His fractured mind meant that it was difficult to truly know who you were talking to at any given moment. As for Olis' Volkite weapon. Well, it was rather cool...

"We shall", they replied each holding crossed fingers behind their backs.

"Well, then," Messor continued, trying not to smile, noting immediately the gestures both new recruits had made, "I declare you both right and true Moderati!"

Cheers broke the silence as they were both given their regulation issue Meltas.

Turning to face their peers, Conn and LySiMachus caught each others attention.

"Dibs on finding out where Olis hid it!"

"Damn it!"

And so, the Liber carried on, anew.

Thanks Aqs, looking forward to serving the Liber!

It's certainly become a more luxurious place, being as it now has 'all the Mod Conns' :lol:

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week! :P

Thanks Aqs, looking forward to serving the Liber!

It's certainly become a more luxurious place, being as it now has 'all the Mod Conns' laugh.png

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week! tongue.png

teehee.gif

I was gonna like Aquilanus's post, but then I realized that the 3 likes he already had were from those conserned new and ex moderatii... I thus wouldn't dare desecrate such a post and will simply thank the new mods for their vigilance and dedication!

Before I had a little hiccup with my internet connection, I had intended to post this up for the Liber. As it stands, Aquilanus ably stepped into the breach and provided a suitable announcement. ^_^

Brothers and sisters, as some of you may have already seen, there have been changes very recently in regards to the status of certain members here. As we all know, change is a constant part of the internet and a part of life in general here at B&C. Mods come and Mods go. We have seen our fair share in the Liber over the years. Older members may remember names such as Aurelius Rex,FerrataBarretStratoKhan... the list goes on. Service in the Liber, whether short or long, is less of a duty and more of a pleasure – to see and help shape the ideas of the community, to guide Fraters in their pursuit of creating a worthy chapter for the 40k universe can be greatly rewarding. 

So here we stand at a period of change, a moment of beginnings and endings, of sadness and joy. Some members, including myself, had taken the opportunity to embrace a gift afforded to us by the Administrati and alter our names (in a one-off, limited time deal). But, more to the point, the time has come to say farewell to one of our own here, a brother in arms to me for two years and one part of our Mod-trio: Messor. We were both elevated to Mod-hood at the same time and we have both served the Liber faithfully, putting forth our thoughts and suggestions to many prospective DIY chapters. And now our brother is stepping down, passing on his Melta to the next incumbents posted in the Liber. 

But it is not truly goodbye, as Messor himself intends to stay on as a regular member here. His Moderati status will be replaced by the Moderati Cedo title, denoting a venerable member well worth listening to. I shall see to it that the serfs will provide his bolter and chainsword the best of care and attention, all the better for combating errant typos and wayward articles. 

But, I hear you say, who is it that will be stepping in to fill the void? Who is it that the torch will be passed to?

I shall tell you: Conn Eremon (formerly Cormac Airt) and LySiMachus (formerly Strike Captain Lysimachus). Both of these brothers have come to the attention of the staff for their dedication and their insight. They have demonstrated through their actions on B&C that they would be well suited to helping run the Liber and board in general. 

Both Conn and LySiMachus have been assigned to the Liber, turning our triumvirate into a full-on team. Gifted with Mod-issue Meltas we have no doubt that our newest Moderati will perform their duties well and will strive to make the Liber a better place all round.  

To them, I and Aquilanus say welcome and good luck! And to you, the Fraters, we say carry on engaging in the community here. We see some excellent examples of DIY chapters on a regular basis, and we’re privileged to help you refine your thoughts and ideas into these shining gems of creative writing. We hope to see many more in the days to come. 

From me and the Liber Mods, we wish you all well and good fortune in this new year. And to you, Messor: The Liber salutes you, brother, for your time and commitment. Myself and Aquilanus will miss you as a partner and although you won’t be part of the day-to-day running of things, we are glad you won’t be leaving altogether. May your arm be strong and your sight keen. I ask that the members here, whether regular Liberites or B&Cers passing through, join us in offering Messor the best of luck in his new role as Cedo and thank him for his service. Thank you, brother. 

Olis

=][= The Liber Moderating Team =][=

Archived