Any faith in the current rumors?

ValourousHeart

I saw a rumor on BOLS that sisters are to get a new codex later this year.

I never know what to take seriously on the rumor front.

Most of the times I bother to look at the rumors I get one of two outcomes.

1. GW is not going to make plastic titans, there is not the demand for them and FW is just a better channel for those large scale models, look at how poorly the baneblade and stompa sold.

..... See, look at the Imperial Knight, we told you GW was making plastic titans, after all they did it with the baneblade and stompa, and everyone buys those.

Or the other extreme.

2. Everyone who has claimed to have seen plastic sisters since 3rd edition.

I for one would love to see new anything for sisters.

But I don't know if I should put stock in it.

The rumor did "maybe sisters"

I mean I know these are just rumors, and so come with a big maybe already.

So the Harliquins should be maybe harliquins

The CSM suplement should be maybe CSM suplement

And the Ad Mech should be maybe Ad Mech

But then the maybe sisters would be maybe maybe sister.

They are not even trying to give hope.

Or do you think that since they have cried wolf so many times in the past they are just practicing CYA.

'

That post was a bit of speculation based on the rate of new codices, Shield of Baal and who does not have a 7th edition codex yet.

For what it's worth, the current Adeptus Sororitas codex has been updated for 7th so should not even be in that list.

I have faith that the Sisters of Battle will get new models and rules. Someday. If they arrive anywhere near what that guy speculated on BoLS, it will be from pure luck and not from any inside knowledge.

While I would love to see a Sisters of Battle codex release in print (the Digital codices are good, but nothing beats having a solid book in hand) I tend to steer clear of rumour threads. I remember a time when the most common rumour was a plastic Thunderhawk and plastic Storm Troopers (in which they did come out, though three years after the rumour thread).

Always take it with a pinch of salt.

At this point with the amount of rumours we have had prior I see no need to place any faith into it.

We have a current edition codex, it may be digital but so are allot of the other smaller ones, we are in need of nothing new past maybe a new model range in the next few years or a restock of the old range as 90% of our problem is we don't have our models in stock these days.

From what I can recall we've only had one actual rumor (friggin' whipples!) that said models were coming and it was wrong. Past rumors about codex releases where right though. So honestly the track record is there, but the sources are different now so I don't know how to really feel about it, and because of that I'm not saying it must be true, but if you want to go off of history then the history is there.

I think a codex release is unlikely for a long time yet.  Models? possibly, but honestly I'd be surprised if it happened in the next 2 years :p

I generally sit in indifference now. It'll happen when it happens and with the rumour mill being what it is now what difference does it make? Between the regurgitation and terrible attempts at making rumours up it doesn't change anything. Even if they were true, they'd only get some meat on them a few weeks before release due to GW and for us what is a mere month to wait?

So the faith you have shouldn't be in the rumours, it should be in the Sisters - and God-Emperor!

Yeah. I seriously doubt a codex, given how new ours is. We do have room for new models, but even when they do come I don't expect more than the equivalent to a BA tacticals box. To be honest, once we have that, the barrier of entry to the girls will be much lower. If they then actually let my LGS to carry their models, then I'll get excited.

I'd be perfectly happy with two box sets of plastic sisters (seraphim and all other sisters!) Maybe a really nice plastic canoness. Physical copy of the codex ( as I'm old fashioned and like actual books).

If that happens,gw will get lots of my money.

I'm starting a plastic sisters fund as of now..

I'd be happy with just a box set of sisters.  From that you could make 5 Unit choices and probably a Canoness with some work.  That would sate me for a very long time to be honest. 

I'd be perfectly happy with two box sets of plastic sisters (seraphim and all other sisters!) Maybe a really nice plastic canoness. Physical copy of the codex ( as I'm old fashioned and like actual books).

If that happens,gw will get lots of my money.

I'm starting a plastic sisters fund as of now..

Thats all we would get max, that a penitence Engine kit which would likely be a combi kit and what I would expect to be a plastic character for cannoness and priest and likely a duel tank kit which makes either an Exorcist or Repressor. 

If we are lucky Repentia won't be forgotten and get a kit or will get a upgrade kit for them.

I can 100% confirm that GW has newer SoB infantry sculpts. What I can't comment on is if GW has plans to release those sculpts. I use the word 'newer' because I consider them to be fairly old now.

If GW is going to start releasing small forces (FW AdMech has been selling well?), it would be a good time to drop some new SoBs. Even if plastic SoBs weren't cheaper, they can provide a lot of bits on a sprue. Celestians, Dominions, Retributors, and normal sisters in one box. Seraphim in another... HQ box/clamshell that fits well with the new plastics... And 'pure' SoB are fine, maybe a Repressor if they feel like pushing the boat out.

Honestly I've given up caring,

The actual rumours are pretty rare, otherwise it's usually "this guy saw x and meaning y". If we as a community leech onto every "new Sisters" mention that comes up it's just going to lead to disappointment.

Regarding a new book, I don't see it unless they completely reboot the range since our codex was released in 6th and got an update for 7th. So unless they are mixing up the range to fix in new units and stuff, and even then if you we stay digital it just needs an update.

Models are more likely, even then with our codex how it is, a single box with options would be a huge boost because you could easily make it fit Dominions, Celestians, Sisters, Retributers could all be done on a single box. Hell a £25 5 model box that has the ability to make 5 of any of those squads in in plastic would be phenomenal.

I do believe we will get something at somepoint, just need to be patient patient.

Yeah they could do it like the GK with just a few key boxes.

Yes they could try to get everything in a single box, but I don't think that anyone would be happy with that.

5-10 models with 1 each heavy weapons, 1 each special weapons, regular and jump packs, lots of bolters and bolt pistols, plus all the extra bits!

Could they do it? Yeah, but that sounds like a lot to squeeze in considering the range would have 1 troop box,1 vehicle box and 3-4 clampacks.

I believe that if they do 2 boxes, each 5 models that they will keep the quality level they want plus give the customer a good value.

I would expect to see a standing version (BSS, Cel, & Ret) and running version (Sera, Dom & Repenta).

Or Ranged (bss, dom, & ret) and Assault (sera, Cel, & Repentia).

Not sure £5/model is that much better value for money than the current £3.58/model that we pay now...

Actually, if you look at the current 'Battle Sister Squad' bundle on GW, your described £50 for a 10-girl squad (two boxes of 5 at £25) is exactly what we already pay, the only extra bitz being the three heavies and the flamer that aren't in the BSB set.

For comparison: Tactical Marines with all the options? £2.50/model (10 for £25), half that which you guys are suggesting would be fair for us to pay..

I would not be surised to see Sisters eventually get a 5 man plastic box for about £15 as that seems to be the norm box size now unless you want a marine tactical squad. Of course GW are still pushing for profits so sisters could be pushed to a higher price bracket quite easily eespecially given the real demand for models is still unknown as most of us that moan on here for new plastics are poor measuring sticks fordemand as we are unlikely to actually buy much as we all have spent more than a single edition cycle collecting an army.

Realistically unless GW put out a new set of units that are far superior to what has come before (which would be tricky as I suspect they would like to avoid the Codex: Cultist and Helldrake problem of no one wanting the core iconic chaos marine unit) all we are likely to go for is the codex and new characters.

New sisters would be a gamble for GW, they need the same thing to happen that did for Dark Eldar, but by tue sounds of it they are becoming less and less willing to risk the money needed to do it.

To be honest, I'm suprised to see GW and FW make anything that is not marines these days.

Sisters though if we get them will likely be 5 for £20.50 like Sanguinary Guard etc for £5, yes they may cost about the same but lets face it, its the posing options and weapon choices that we all want.  

Besides you have to remember we pay allot more for Heavy/ Special weapons, Superiors and other gear as well which really pushes up the cost as well.

Not sure £5/model is that much better value for money than the current £3.58/model that we pay now...Actually, if you look at the current 'Battle Sister Squad' bundle on GW, your described £50 for a 10-girl squad (two boxes of 5 at £25) is exactly what we already pay, the only extra bitz being the three heavies and the flamer that aren't in the BSB set.For comparison: Tactical Marines with all the options? £2.50/model (10 for £25), half that which you guys are suggesting would be fair for us to pay..

I knew I should have checked the GW site before posting that. I was thinking of the GKT box which only does has 5 models, but we would be more likely to get something similar to the GKPA box with 10 models as you said.

I still stand by my opinion that we will get 2 boxes that will make almost all of the units in our codex... just like GK.

I don't really know that much about £, but in America, 10 GKPA is $60, and 5 are $33. Both sets come with a lot of options.

In comparison the squad of 10 sisters is $80, with no options.

If you want to build the squad you want it is $17.25 for 3 basic sisters, you'll need 2 sets ($34.50). A

Special weapons are $10 each, heavy weapons are $14 each, Sergeants are $12.25 each, and Banners are $13.25.

But even still 5 sisters in a box is a better deal than we get now.

2 boxes of 5 sisters would be $66, whereas right now to get the same would cost you $80 if you wanted 2 specials and $84 if you wanted a heavy.

I admit that I have a lot of sister models and have little to no need to buy any new ones under the current codex.

But GW could easily get around that issue in the same way they got around it with Dark Angels.

They put Deathwing Knights in the same box as DWT and DWCS.

I know plenty of people that didn't need any more TDA models for their DW... who still went ahead and bought a couple of boxes for the DWK.

They could easily make a sisters box that in addition to the basic weapons we know and love for sisters, add in a new weapon for the entire squad and call it a new unit.

Personally I would love to see a unit armed with crossbows... 18" range, assault 2, psyshock.

Maybe change the Celestines to carry them and give them special ammo for it.

Archived