Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Inspirational Friday - 19/06/2015++

Inspirational Friday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
267 replies to this topic

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Another adventure aboard the Child of Calamity, a story about two sidekicks. I hope you enjoy it.

Hidden for length:

Hidden Content

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

Index of Inspiration Friday entries here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

"Three times faster than the usual Warsmith."

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Gallery of Unrequited Rage
Spoiler

Comedy is a lot tougher than I thought, I hope this works.

Tenebris

Tenebris

++ SERVATOR FERINUS ++

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,548 posts

gallery2900410383202531.png

Greetings and welcome to Inspirational Friday. This week we had just two contributions and both were very good. The reward goes to Warsmith Aznable and his sidekick The Wretch. I especially liked the "transfer" of ownership part. 

Step forth Warsmith Aznable and claim your reward!

friday-award.png

Inspirational Friday - 19/06/2015 - Chaos Skirmish - Tactical Squads

I have something special this week. Unlike in the previous IF, today I will offer you simply a stage and on this stage you have to play an event. Try to convey the philosophy and physicality of your warband with their actions and show us how your Chaos Space Marines would act in such a situation. If you take the role of the Imperial Space Marines, the same applies. 

Locale: A farmstead on an Agri-World. The farmstead offers some defense with its high walls and big farming equipment but on itself it is not an important resource to capture. Surrounding the farmstead there is a forest on the East, West and North, while there is open farmland with blooming greenfruit in the South. The South also has the main road approaching the farmstead. 

Objective: Chaos and the SM defenders fight skirmishes for the control of the Green Road, the main arterial road which connects the vast farmlands in the South with Nova Serra, the capital. The control of the roads is imperative for its mechanized convey system and tracked railroads are important to deliver what is due, the tithe of men and food goods. The CSM are in dire need to resupply so the fight for the farmstead and its surrounding area is ferocious. 

Actors: A Chaos Space Marines "tactical" squad and an Imperial Space Marines Tactical Squad. Chose who acts as defender and who as the attacker. They both command similar martial power and you are also allowed to field cult troops instead. Ten marines on each side plus auxiliary units (Scouts, Imperial Guard, Cultists, Daemons...). 

Bonus: Control the farmstead. Gather the enemy geneseed (for implantation or for observation). Contain your losses. Maintain the infrastructure. 

Let us be inspired!

Tenebris

There is only the Truth. I do not know what it is, but I do believe in it!

Attributed to Dark Apostle Toren Mar, Chapter of the Broken Seal, 71st Host, Word Bearers Legion.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,422 posts
Congratulations, Warsmith Aznable and good work Carrack too. I just couldn't get my juices flowing over a sidekick.

And kudos, Tenebris! This week's new topic is really a good one!
A hint of Rogue Trader's The Battle At The Farm and a chance to show how our warbands handle things.
I'm almost tempted to write it both ways, as attacker and defender.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,029 posts

Congratulations, Warsmith Aznable and good work Carrack too. I just couldn't get my juices flowing over a sidekick.
And kudos, Tenebris! This week's new topic is really a good one!
A hint of Rogue Trader's The Battle At The Farm and a chance to show how our warbands handle things.
I'm almost tempted to write it both ways, as attacker and defender.

Based on the brief it sounds like it might change hands a few times!

Aspiringchaoschampion

Aspiringchaoschampion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 1,303 posts
Ok here's my attempt at it
Bullets began flying at them from the fortress. Nemeroth sent word through the coms link on his personal land raider the Harbinger of Despair to make haste to the enemy's lines. Rows upon rows of dirty white rhinos and land raiders rolling forwards towards the enemy lines backed up by squadrons of predators and vindicators and a few rare scaring battle tanks tearing apart the Ultramarine vehicle squadrons. Weaving in between this was Lord Mordreath and his company of bikers proving hard for the enemy to stop. They needed to clear a area for the teleporting Terminators and the swift striking assault marines to hit home and really begin this siege.

The Ultramarines were firing at the oncoming vehicle columns with every lascannon missile launcher and demolished she'll they could manage but by some strange sorceror the vehicles kept either vanishing behind a cloud of daemonic flies or completely vanishing from sight.

Being almost in close range of the enemy lines Mordreath ordered his bikers to be ready for the ensuing assault. As Rhinos began to disgorge plague marines chaos space marine havocs and chosen the aerial battle above finally came to a conclusion with the chaos forces emerging victorious.

As the bikers reached the imperial lines they began charging their bikes at the Ultramarines firing their bolters plasma guns Melta Guns and flamers before drawing their pistols and chain swords some wielding deadly power weapons others wielding a power fist or lightening claw.

As the bikes began slashing and stabbing left and right while those champions who were lucky enough to be gifted with a lightening claw or power fist were killing any loyalists who came near by. As cultists emerged from the tunnels they had built and began to run at the ultramarine lines trained ranks of Ultramarines used bolters missile launchers flamers and heavy bolter fire to try and push the chaos forces back. Many Ultramarines would fall this day to the chaos assault forcing the Ultramarines to retreat until they could receive reinforcement from the imperial forces due to enter the system

Edited by Aspiringchaoschampion, 19 June 2015 - 07:28 PM.

Only through accepting Nurgleth into our hearts can we achieve our full potential
ETL 2015 Banner 01 Oath Of Moment

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,891 posts

im in... gonna do this as a battle report. :P

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Comedy is a lot tougher than I thought, I hope this works.

It definitely worked. You painted a vivid picture of the situation and the two characters inside a very tight word limit, and it was a fun read.

Greetings and welcome to Inspirational Friday. This week we had just two contributions and both were very good. The reward goes to Warsmith Aznable and his sidekick The Wretch. I especially liked the "transfer" of ownership part. 

Step forth Warsmith Aznable and claim your reward!

friday-award.png

I accept this reward and the kind words of yourself and Kierdale. thanks.gif

This next scenario is interesting and I look forward to taking a crack at it!

The Iron Hounds (CSM) project log here & IA here. | Our Martyred Lady (SoB) project log here  | Lamenters (BA) WIP thread here.

gallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_53134_9839_10377.jpggallery_53134_9839_46080.jpggallery_53134_9839_9398.jpggallery_29004_9303_844.png

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Thanks for the encouragement Warsmith, and congrats on another victory well deserved.

I liked this week's challenge quite a bit, so I worked up this story. It may be a tad long, but I opted not to trim it down.

Skull Road
Spoiler

Edited by Carrack, 22 June 2015 - 11:37 PM.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,422 posts

Battle at the farm

Hidden Content

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
@ Kierdale. "Hey sarge, how do I get out of this grox-spit outfit?" Sounds familiar :) I may have heard something similar at least a hundred times.

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,422 posts

@ Kierdale. "Hey sarge, how do I get out of this grox-spit outfit?" Sounds familiar :) I may have heard something similar at least a hundred times.

I make no claims to originality there :D

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,162 posts

@ Kierdale. "Hey sarge, how do I get out of this grox-spit outfit?" Sounds familiar smile.png I may have heard something similar at least a hundred times.

I make no claims to originality there biggrin.png

We all know the 40k universe is full of pop-cultire references anyway. You're just keeping up with tradition, hehe :)

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Warsmith Aznable

Warsmith Aznable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,713 posts

Oh man, I really wanted to do this one. I've got the story written in my head, but writing time got away from me this week. sad.png

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,162 posts

gallery2900410383202531.png

Greetings, brothers!

So the latest Inspirational Friday topic has been Chaos Skirmish - Tactical Squads. It was inspiring to read through the writing and imagine the various battles. That poor farmstead... smile.png Well, it's a very tough pick as usual even with only three participants(I had to sleep on it)...but
Kierdale, "A winner is you" as the old NES-game said.

Here is another badge for your collection, congratulations!

friday-award.png

It's been a long journey and it has been a great journey. There has been a ton of fun for us all and what great things this topic has produced. (I still remember having an actual nightmare from one of the stories in here!) Tenebris will always be remembered for the hard work he put into this thread, a fine job. But as things have changed, this thread has to change as well.

Now, this is not the end, far from it! We will take a break while restructuring things a bit and then the "Inspirational Friday" will rise again!

So, thanks to all participants, and don't let your writing skills get rusty...they will surely be needed again soon! smile.png

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,162 posts

Hi again :)

Forgot to say that the "Challenge the Traitors" poem competition will end as schedueled on the 30th of June.

http://www.bolterand...he-traitors-ii/

Lucernius

Lucernius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

Cant PM you tenebris, but wanted to let you know that i finished your two last ships! Took a while for me, alot of RL stuff, work, family and other commitments!

All three are below here smile.png enjoy!

warband_of_the_broken_seal_idolator_clas

warband_of_the_broken_seal__repulsive_cl

And the ship you already seen!

chaos_warband_of_the_broken_seal_desolat

Edited by Lucernius, 19 September 2015 - 12:33 PM.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,029 posts
Hate to break it to you but Tenebris got banned a couple of months back...