Lords of Blood: Angron's forces of Armageddon

miteyheroes

Thanks guys!

@Schurge - that is a mighty fine looking Angron! Gosh the video has a long introduction though, skip to the point already! Anyway. That Angron is great, particularly good at capturing the look of the official painting. But personally I've always had an odd love for the Epic Angron:

http://solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92407epicdaemons-01.jpg

My model is going to try and combine both of those looks. And be based around the new Verminlord.

The models look silly now- Magnus is so badly proportioned, he looks like a Chaos Dwarf- but I remember a time when such sculptures would be considered cool, the way the special effects in Metropolis were considered state-of-the-art and futuristic. God-Emperor, I feel OLD.

Hans Kho'ren has always preached that the aim of a Space Marine is to emulate their Primarch. His loyal apothecary, Kagh Bo'orchu, is essential for this. It is Kagh who implants new members of the Skull Takers with the gene-seed and blood of their Primarch to turn them into true World Eaters; Kagh who was one of the first apothecaries to experiment with the Butchers' Nails; and Kagh who, after Angron's apotheosis, studied with Lorgar's Word Bearers to discover the secrets of the Possessed. Kagh's drive to become more like Angron has taken him far from humanity, but his journey is not yet over.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7779/17384371929_2d993f5841_d.jpg

Kagh Bo'orchu's right arm still bears the twisted Chaotic remains of his Narthecium, constantly in flux and emitting new spikes as required. His armour is brass, forged to mimic the Armour of Mars worn by Angron, showing he is an important figure in the Skull Takers. On his left shoulder he bears a gladiatorial shoulder pad, in memory of Angron's past; his right shoulder pad is a snarling skull, symbol of Hans Kho'ren's Skull Takers. His helmet is pale and horned, like all in the Skull Takers, in honour of their daemonic patron.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7792/17544349686_a95a6e9207_d.jpg

ETL vow coming soon. As soon as I have time to upload the final set of pics. So busy at work at the mo!

Most impressive. The Apothecary's backstory is also well written.

Of all the races of the galaxy, the Eldar's souls shine brightest in the Warp. 10,000 years ago this led to their doom, when the echoes of their lusts combined to form a new god, Slaanesh, whose birth tore the Eldar Empire apart and created the Great Eye. Ever since, the Eldar have sought to control their emotions, to prevent such an event from happening again. But it is a hard road, and anger is one emotion it is hard to contain. The Rage of the Dying Race is a Herald of Khorne, formed from the overflowing fury of the Eldar: every time that an Exarch screams hatred at their foes; an Exodite vows revenge on aliens who have stepped upon their world; a Corsair spits in fury at an ambush gone wrong; or an ousted Archon curses their exile from Commorragh.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8897/17887581748_bff1133110_d.jpg

Nothing really to say about this guy's painting: I did what you'd expect, pretty much. Brass armour, red for revealed skin, glowing green things, white/grey skulls and helmet: just like the rest of my daemons.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5464/17887582798_6e23aa46ec_d.jpg

Most impressive.

Quite an interesting kitbash! I do think the chainmal mask Ogre head (maybe even with the DP head's horns added to it) would maybe have been a better choice, especially since it's ever so slightly smaller than the DP head, which seems a tad too big to me.

Just gave it a go. The ogre head is actually slightly bigger than the daemonprince, and I think it looks too ramshackle. I plan to use it on another model, but not this one. It makes it still too Orruk-y, whilst the Daemon Prince head makes it definitely Chaos?

On the other hand, I like this higher position. Think I'll try putting the DP head on, repositioned slightly higher.

26369443903_59c504717f_d.jpg

And the original, so people can compare:

26863308052_dfb0791736_d.jpg

Hmm, no to split hairs here, but while the complete head may be bigger than the daemon head, don't forget that it's wearing a rather bulky helmet, so the actual head beneath it all would be smaller. Whereas the DP head just looks -- I don't know how to put it, but it does seem to mess with the model's proportions, giving it a slightly cartoony look. Maybe you should try another head that is slightly smaller, yet clearly chaotic...?

I agree with KrautScientist, that possessed head is rather cartoonish. Maybe that shrouded ogre head would look more to your liking with a different set of horns? Like a pair groing out of the forehead and curling front and upwards perhaps?

I personally like the DP head, but yeah, maybe pushed up a bit; probably need some filler for behind it as well, as it does look kind of empty, but I'm sure you've already got a plan for that. 

• 7 months later...

Khorne clearly owns my soul. I'm working on a Unification-Era project, and decide to add some of the Emperor's foes, gene-bulked techno-berserkers. And then accidentally manage to make new models for my Daemonkin Army. Ah well! Here we have my first three three frothing mad berserkers. I'm no longer entirely clear if they're from pre-Unity Terra, or the Khornate hoards of the 41st Millennium, or from Angron's pit-fighting pals in Nuceria: but they're definitely not just Age of Sigmar Khornate characters any more.

31366735860_45afc99703_d.jpg

The conversions are all fairly simple: Chaos backpacks, ork nob weapons, Skitarii sicarian heads.

30929852303_28539b9a8b_d.jpg

And this final dude is probably my counts-as Khârn, if I ever want to run him:

31366734890_a95d92600e_d.jpg

Archived