Drop Assault out

Kilofix

Thanks for posting this!

I have been waiting for the release with baited breath.

Have only played fifteen minutes, but I am fangirling *hard* so far :D

I've joined the traitor side to bring glory to the hordes of Angron!

... Who makes a surprisingly adorable cartoon character...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/600x450q90/538/54Zhmv.jpg

Ok what I've figured out so far is:

You build your base with nothing to bug you initially. Building and upgrading takes different resources. Building, upgrading and getting resources takes time. There is one particular type of resource that can be bought with real money and that can be used to speed up building, but you can also get that resource by just playing and winning battles.

In parallel to building your base your also build troops. Troops also take resources and there are a fix number of units you can field depending on the level that you've upgraded your base and the types of buildings you've built.

You battle by selecting from a number of different hot spots on the map. Battles can be against the AI or against real people and can range from attacking your opponent's base, to capture control points on a neutral map, to defending your own base.

Battles are kind of like lane games, you don't actually control your units, you just deploy them and they walk towards the closest opposing 'thing'. But you can use beacons to a limited degree to set waypoints and can you can fire some orbital weapons.

Something like that....

Edit:

What I'm trying to figure out is if you will continue building or collecting resources while not in game. I'm assuming no, so after a point, if you've depleted your troops and resources from losses then it will either take a long time just waiting to collect resources to build your troops back up or you'll have to spend real money.

I got it last night.

Initial thoughts

Don't like how you seem to be tied into a particular side, can't find a rest button to try the loyalists later.

Power seems to be the bottle neck resource. I'm inundated with munitions, but don't have enough power.

I like the turret point system. It will make pvp interesting, as you never know what defences people will be using.

Angron was far to coherent in it. He managed a full sentence.

I, overall, like the cartoon style on the existing art work. Though it did give the readers in the emperors address a very silly looking goofy smile!

Overall something fun to check in on quickly in the morning and in the evening. Though I'm sure it will get grindy like the other free to play games, waiting 4 weeks to get the resources to spend another 4 weeks upgrading a single turret by one level.

It sure sounds like Clash of Clans 30k.

You build a base on a strategic, out of 'time' map and then you drop units you cannot control into a base and hope they win.

Nothing about this is RTS, at all.

Unless I'm mistaken? Sounds kind of disappointing, but hey mobile games are usually unoriginal and copy existing games.

I'll still grab it, but I was expecting something...better. Also I remember scouring the internet for release dates and could never find one, that always bothered me.

This is, for want of a better word, pathetic. 

It's a CoC clone to the core. 

The choice of setting is :cussing :censored:. Not 30k, nooo. The :cussing dropsite massacre. 

They get away with not having to include more than 4 Legions = less arty work. The art in there is good though

But the worst part is the goddamn fluff. I'm leading Captain Tarvitz on the surface and in the training mission I get to use a Titan, and orbital strike

Oh and get this your infantry deploy via drop pod. 

Where the :censored: are these guys getting orbital support from? They HAVE no orbital support. Like holy christ this is a travesty of fluff. 

I will be playing it for lack of a better alternative but it's another crapola of GW's classic 'pay a mobile dev a bunch of money to reskin one of their old products' bull:cuss I loathe so much

Oh and Angron? He isnt even Angron. He's a classic movie supervillain, but like one from :cussing Descpiable Me

'HAHA FOOLISH FOOL! I SHALL oh no! YOU HAVE FOILED MY EVIL PLANS! WE SHALL MEET AGAIN MWHAHAHAH' style crap. It's clichéd and ridiculous. 

I can't even remember if I paid anything for it but regardless of quality, for me, its still somewhat 'worth it' just to see a little Cataphractii walk across the screen.

You have pretty high standards for a free game. Also, would GW have paid anything for this? Wouldn't have been paid for the use of their IP?

I wanted a good 30k game. This is not. Games Workshop have done their usual MO of mobile games which is provide the IP to a studio who reskin something for cheap profit. 

I guess people are stupid enough to spend real money on these things.

Well you seemed to be missing as you commented on people being stupid enough to pay real money on it. As for caring that the first 30k game is a naff mobile game...well no. Why would I care about that? I don't expect any 30k computer game, never mind a good one. If one comes out I'll have a look. If it's free I'll give it a go. If I don't like it I'll get rid of it. I certainly wouldn't have go off on a rant about it.

wouldn't it make a little more sense to have the dropsite massacre instead of the istavan 3 atrocity? loyalists being legions different would be a little better in my opinion. Corax could be leading the loyalists instead of saul, there could be some other loyalist support and such. Anyways ignoring the fluff to play the game...

I havn't played clash of clans (avoiding that one) so this is my first foray into the genre, and it's not bad right now. they are giving quite a lot of coins early on and most things are cheep. I expect that to change later on, but for now it's good to me.

Admittedly they aren't nearly as bad with the handing out of "premium" resources (coins) as Clash of Clans, but they do still poke you pretty hard to buy them when your build timers get up to 14+ hours.

Archived