Drop Assault out

Kilofix

Eh, there's a game for a certain other IP that I play (and will probably drop as soon as this ports to Android), that has build times in the amount of days once you get into the higher levels. It's not that big of a deal, if you're playing the game like it's intended to be played. Pick it up, mess around for a few minutes, put it down until you get a reminder some time later that whatever you did is ready. These types of games are very much for the casual gamer. You only really need to use real money if you want to boost speeds to outside that casual gamer realm.

My understanding is it will be available on android at a later time. One difference from CoC is the PvP is real time, meaning you're playing against the other player live. As you progress you develop the means to set waypoints to actually control where your troops go to some extent.

Well I've been playing this game for a day or so now, and it's.... Ok.

Not bad, not vulture-like in its attempts to plead desperately for cash input, neither is it frustrating to the extent that you immediately delete it after ten minutes of anger induced ranting. But neither is it good. It's not making me feel I'll be playing it in a months time. To be honest, it's just too similar to a dozen other games I've played, and looking at the amount of levelling up I'll need to do to see the snazzy units they've obviously taken time and effort into drawing and rendering nicely, I feel kind of bad for the artists that the game is unlikely to hold my attention long enough for me to bother waiting to view their work.

It was free. And absolutely worth every penny I spent on it. Just not quite good enough that I'll spend any more.

Looking back at what I've just typed, it's possible I may have summed up a significant fraction of the Internet. Go me.

Been playing more, got to Lvl 13. Everything I destroy another real life player's base I get tens of thousands of both munitions and power. I'm currently sitting maxed on more than 100K of each. So the bottleneck is not the regular resources but rather the time to upgrade buildings - which can only be sped up by getting the other 'buy able' resource.

Currently my Buildings and troops are also maxed and I've conqurered everything on the map, just waiting 6 hours before my HQ upgrades to the next level which will open up my other building upgrades.

The traitor side has World Eaters, Death Guard, Emperors Children and sons of Horus. Couldn't tell,you,on the loyalist side, I'm afraid, as you can change legions but not sides btwn traitor and loyalist.

Ok I've gotten to the point where my building and upgrading has 'stalled' because of the long durations to do either without buying the premium currency.

But the game has suddenly become FUN.

This is because I now have enough turrets to mount a formidable defence of my base and enough variety of troops to execute a good offensive against a real life opponent's base; and now strategy is coming into play.

I'm constantly moving my buildings and turrets around to optimize my base defence (moving stuff around is instant and costs nothing) and trying different approaches to attack my opponent's bases.

I'm with Kilo here. It's my first time playing any game in the genre, and it's got my interest. I haven't paid for jack and haven't felt hamstrung except when I made silly mistakes. The battles are simple enough that you can focus on different strategies and it feels like you accomplished something when you crack a tough base. I'm actually considering flipping them $5 because I like the game and I've gotten at least that much fun out of it. 

No, it's not fluff accurate. It's a game and I know enough about the way this works that I wouldn't expect them to make it really accurate. It IS, however, fun to see some Forge World units in cute little cartoon form marching around (I just want to hug those Cataphractii) and see some Black Library characters tossed in. 

My expectations for this game were very, very low. It's surpassed them, of course. It probably helps that I really am their target demographic. I'm a very casual gamer these days, and I like to just pick it up once in a while and mess around for a few minutes, setting upgrades that will take an hour or two. I'm just kind of checking in, but when I feel like it I can play PVP, conquer the map, etc. and that takes more of a time investment. 

Now, if they could fix the bug so I could retain tech shards after battles, that would be great. I've only made a few relics because I can't get new shards except in rewards or map caches. Weird.

Thanks for posting this!

I have been waiting for the release with baited breath.

Have only played fifteen minutes, but I am fangirling *hard* so far :biggrin.:

I've joined the traitor side to bring glory to the hordes of Angron!

... Who makes a surprisingly adorable cartoon character...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/600x450q90/538/54Zhmv.jpg

This image of Cute Angron TM was all the excuse I needed to not play this game.  :dry.:

Cute Angron (and the adorable cartoon art style in general) in the promotional material and preview videos was 1/2 of the reason I had been waiting to see this game in action :D 

I wonder if they will release an Angron plushy in support of the game!?

MUST HAVE!

Edit - BTW, Devs said there are plans to launch an Android version in the near future.

And I managed to get Rank #1 (non exclusive) in PvP Skirmish! Yay!

For a game that costs nothing it's alright. I honestly would rather have something close to the DoW games but this will do. I just get tired of Angron talking down to me.

I also think I saw some of your messages on the in-game boards, Kilofix. That or someone went Alpha Legion and is an imposter.:ph34r.:

For a game that costs nothing it's alright. I honestly would rather have something close to the DoW games but this will do. I just get tired of Angron talking down to me.

I also think I saw some of your messages on the in-game boards, Kilofix. That or someone went Alpha Legion and is an imposter.:ph34r:

Yeah I'm using KiloFiX in game. Probably me.

Edit - Rebels (Traitor) side.

And KiloFiX9 on Game Center.

I also think I saw some of your messages on the in-game boards, Kilofix. That or someone went Alpha Legion and is an imposter.:ph34r.:

He's like 12ft tall, how else is he supposed to talk? :D

I'm FLINT! if you want to track me down. 

The game is still :censored: but I'm enjoying it, cos I whore CoC and this is a worthy replacement to the most pointlessly casual game of all time.

Did they nerf orbitals? I could wipe out turrets in 3 strikes, this morning I notice I need 4. Really unhelpful as 4 needs a bit of destruction, but 3 is very easy.

The lack of preferred targets is painful, if an enemy has a turret in range but just a bit out of the way your troops ignore it and get whittled down. It's vastly irritating. Mortar behind HQ? GG. Unless i can nuke it, which I now cant.

WE loyalist here...enjoying it so far. Didn't like CoC but I found Boom Beach mildly entertaining, and this game is an exact clone of Boom Beach, same unit types, same numbers...so I guess I'll keep at it for a while.

Maybe that mortar that required 4 orbital strikes was a higher level mortar?...when you upgrade turrets their life increases. Also, a mortar behind the HQ has to be dealt with beacons. Don't spend all your resources on orbitals ;)

The game is still :cuss but I'm enjoying it, cos I whore CoC and this is a worthy replacement to the most pointlessly casual game of all time.

Did they nerf orbitals? I could wipe out turrets in 3 strikes, this morning I notice I need 4. Really unhelpful as 4 needs a bit of destruction, but 3 is very easy.

The lack of preferred targets is painful, if an enemy has a turret in range but just a bit out of the way your troops ignore it and get whittled down. It's vastly irritating. Mortar behind HQ? GG. Unless i can nuke it, which I now cant.

Turrets have different levels. Higher level ones are tougher. Recon before attacking.

You can upgrade your own Turrets as well as your Orbital damage. When you get EMP, use that instead.

Edit - I think I've scraped into the top 50 now.

My detachment current consists of just equal parts Cataphractii and Support Troops. Pride of the Legion baby. Being all infantry they build fast and don't cost too much to reinforce. I've upgraded their levels as high as I can though.

I haven't found the JetBikes as useful except if an opponent has a HQ way in the back and a defense line way in the front. Then JetBikes can just breakthrough the latter. Or if playing Skirmish and I send 3 teams of Jetbikes to each Control Point, then there's a good chance of holding 2 and winning on Comtrol Points alone.

Also Predators are just too slow.

Archived