Drop Assault out

Kilofix

I think I had a small sacrificial infantry squad to take out all the ammo dumps that give points. Then I orbital struck two SAMs on one side, then EMPed the other two SAMs while I flew Storms into take them out.

• 1 month later...

What heroes do you guys use?

I have the Deth Gerd Moritat with volkites who has the teleport and brilliantly lucky roll of Heroes Guard which provires an extra 4 Terminators. He is rare it rare so I am using him.

I horde MS to roll Greater Rallies. I have a Degenerate Legion Vexillum who has terminator speed and damage buffs with minesweeper. His buffs plus Bloodlust turn my terminators into armoured speedy gonzales murderballs.

I got lucky and got the Forge Lord. He has a naff roll of % chance to cast haywire twice but he repairs and curses so seems ideal for me as I run Predators and Terminators.

I also got a caliver vigilator and a grav gun vigilator who are both naff.

Nkw to decide what to spend the horded geneseed on...moritat or forge lord

I'm kinda collecting them all and leveling them all up, which is actually pretty daft but...

In short, I have no idea. I understand the buffs are randomly generated so I imagine I'll end up using one which best fits my force (Glaive spam).

Update time:

Change log for September 12, 2016

- Nine new Heroes have been added to be unveiled each week

- You can now view ads to roll for Heroes, speed up Hero rest timers & give Heroes stimpacks. Also, you should no longer run out of ads to view.

- Get Revenge on those who defeat your base! Successful Revenge will net you the 5 Glory you lost from the attack & the other player’s unprotected resources. They can attack you one more time and if they win, you can’t try again.

- Bug fixes, performance, stability & reliability improvements

I use Rorik Na, stupidly easy to generate points for tactics.

Then predator spam or predators with terminator meat shield for beamers. If there are a lot of whirlwind turrets then preds have the armour to roll up inside their range and take them apart in safety.

If you have the summon titan tactic then a titan plus whatever nukes the rest of the air defence allows you to sit back while a lone raptor finishes up.

I use Rorik Na, <snip>

I've been trying to get him for a while now... I might be collecting the World Eater Heroes... and now it looks like another is coming... gah must resist urg and save points...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mordray

How are folks getting through triple-beamer bases?

My command is only just now getting to level 13... to give an idea of 

I've generally used infantry swarms for most of my time... my current configuration is this...

Ekkehard World Eater badass

2 squads of Terminators

2 squads of Support

1 squad of Tactical

I make use of just about every support option as decided by the configuration.

• 3 months later...

Change log for January 25, 2017

This update includes many new Heroes, bug fixes and performance improvements.

Check out 20 new Heroes with 20 new and unique tactics, including Saul Tarvitz and Angron the Conqueror! This includes 3 Epic, 8 Rare, and 9 Uncommon Heroes. These will be released over the coming weeks.

Fixed issue with Born Survivor talent. You will no longer lose a battle if your hero has this talent and is the last unit to die at the end of the battle and then revives using that talent.

Fixed issue where troops would sometimes take longer than intended to train if you queued more troops to build on a rally zone while some were already training.

Watching replays in which your Hero dies will no longer cause your Hero to go into rest mode if you quit and restart the game quickly after watching.

Buildings destroyed by Putidus’ Plasma Storm tactic will now count properly for bonus objectives and daily challenges.

The Titan will no longer “waste” laser shots on buildings that were destroyed during the laser barrage phase by units or abilities other than the Titan.

Ikram the Ravager’s Implosion Strike tactic now does % damage based off of the total health of the object it is used against instead of the current health of the object.

Issues where watching ads sometimes would not apply bonuses immediately (for example attempting to speed up a building and the time not advancing) should now function as intended.

Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

- Edit: January 25, 2017 at 2:44 p.m. CST -

10. Made revisions and changes to our matchmaking system. Players should now be matching with others closer to their level.

In addition to the above updates, we’ve also made some slight balance changes to two specific Heroes.

% damage of Ikram the Ravager’s tactic at all tactic levels reduced

% damage of Laelius Whisperbane’s tactic at the maximum level reduced but % damage at the minimum level increased. Also increased the amount by which his health can go above its normal max at the max level.

• 2 months later...

Don't know if anyone still plays this game, but after upgrading my 5 year old phone I can actually play this again.

My loyalist profile is long gone, so I pledged my new profile in the Warmaster's name.

• 1 month later...

Changelog for May 17, 2017

Big changes in Drop Assault 2.2.0:

We’ve added six new turrets to be released in the coming weeks: The Plasma Storm, Tanglefoot, Void Shield, Volkite, Multi-Melta & Graviton will be arriving soon, ready to defend your base or take you down when you infiltrate the bases of your enemies. We’ve also added new turrets to new PvE maps and Skirmish Mode.

Increased maximum HQ level to 25. Many other buildings and research levels have also had their maximum possible levels increased.

You can now upgrade your Rally Zones past level 20, giving the troops built there a bonus to Health and Damage.

Chapter Tournaments have been completely revamped. They’re now similar to the weekly player tournaments, but run on a monthly basis. Tournaments have also been added for Glory and Honour for Chapters.

We also fixed some pesky bugs, including:

Fixed an issue with the ad roll button in the Forge and Scriptorium unlocking early

Tournament rewards can now be claimed faster than before. The game used to seemingly lock up on this window, but this shouldn’t happen anymore.

Memory usage fix to reduce crashes on older devices

Fixed issue w/background music turning itself off

Fixed issue in non-Skirmish battles where units would go to the wrong square after being beaconed to a point on the map (as opposed to a specific building)

Long range units should no longer strangely move closer than needed to perform their attack

Additional bug fixes

Lastly, we made some balance changes, including:

Brother Zhyrgal’s speed reduced from 13 to 11

Duration of Asketill’s tactic reduced

At a few levels, added additional resource generators on base and increased their production rate moderately

Slight increases to Tactical, Support, Jetbike and Dreadnought Health

Deathstorm now does slightly more damage

Glaives do slightly less AoE damage

Beamer’s AoE attack now does less damage to infantry and Jetbikes but more to other troops

Loot from PvE attacks has been increased slightly

Requirements for individual tournaments relaxed at some tiers, and some rewards increased

Increased the immediate Power rewards from conquering Power Bases

Reduced Player XP requirements slightly at high levels

Hi guys, I still play but I am getting tired of all the adds that you have to watch. At least it is still free yes?

Lvl 20 HQ with most stuff at max and just applied the new update.

Mitsman

Hmmm...update looks interesting, especially tanglefoot. Wonder if that'll be a slowing mine that works on infantry.

THANK YOU, Complex Games, for a Zhyrgal nerf. At high enough levels he can solo entire player bases. Will hurt my main defense character slightly but I can deal with it. Ten rest of the update seems reasonable. If I'm reading it right, we're getting more power generators and munitions drops. Makes me happy.

Mitsman: I do still play, though I only downloaded it three months ago. How's the new update look?

• 5 months later...

Changelog for November 16, 2017 – Version 2.3.0

Introducing Sieges! Coordinate with your Chapter to overcome challenging PvE nodes & reap big rewards.

Bug Fixes

Scriptorums, when not in the middle of battle, now have an icon over them to indicate which hero is currently assigned to them.

A confirmation warning has been added before battle if you have a warlord throne but it doesn’t have an active hero on it (either no hero assigned or the assigned hero is resting).

An issue where replays could end up not replaying the same related to critical strike has been fixed.

Fixed the display of Medipacks on the hero revive window so that it will show medipack count instead of stimpack count.

Defensive hero will now spawn correctly even if the scriptorum was fully surrounded by buildings and the scriptorum was then destroyed with combat abilities.

When Orsino is using his ability he will no longer shoot through shields.

Troops that have the status effect from Saul Tarvitz’s Master of Defence ability will no longer take damage if they also have the curse status.

If your device isn’t connected to the internet the game should detect and alert you to this fact much more quickly than before.

An issue where Kaleb Bloodhammer’s Tremor Strike ability could end up damaging himself or his allies was fixed.

Buildings should have the state of their upgrade beacons more quickly updated and some buildings that weren’t displaying their beacons at all should now do so correctly.

If Necrepitus Gokram has the Second Chance talent and uses his ability twice in a battle, his damage bonus will be updated to reflect the new number of friendly units that are dead. Previously, the second use of this ability would have no effect.

If you attempt to log in while your base is under attack, there is a warning message that shows up. This message had incorrect text on it. It should show the text correctly now.

Corrected calculations for how frequently talents that trigger x% per second of attacking so that they properly account for the speed of the hero’s attacks.

Fixed a rare issue where if troops were still walking toward a beacon target when the building was destroyed and they were in range of the new target they chose to attack, they wouldn’t path to the new target and would end up getting “stuck” until they received new orders.

Improved reliability of issues that would cause skirmish to end suddenly when the server thought that one client had disconnected.

Fixed an issue where if you started watching a replay in which your defending hero was defeated and shut the game down before leaving the replay when you resumed the game your hero would be put into resting.

Fixed an issue where replays in which Nevarion Doombringer used his ability would lock up.

Fixed an issue where flying units would be hit by the damage zone from the plasma storm turret.

Fixed an issue where Brother Negarian could end up killing himself or an ally when he used his ability.

Android-specific fixes and notes:

Fixes to some file downloading issues which will hopefully make the game more reliable on first install and thereafter.

Made improvements to the IAP system to make it more reliable.

Due to a necessary upgrade, we are no longer able to support Android 4.0.3 (API 15, Ice Cream Sandwich). The oldest Android OS we can now support is Android 4.1 (API 16, Jelly Bean). This will impact some Kindle tablets sold in 2012.

http://dropassault.com/changelog/

Agreed, Conn, a level 30 base killed my army and I'm level 40-something. (On an unrelated note, I managed to nuke half my army in the deployment zone on another siege mission. Ouch! Guess deathstorms are good for killing tanks, among other things.) These new master-crafted turrets are tough (also, multiple heroes and HQ's? Seems a tad cheap.) Another odd thing that I really hope is seige-enemy exclusive was a hero trait that gave them free GLAIVES. Massive tanks with volkites. Seems a tad OP and I really hope that doesn't become mainstream, because 2-5 free glaives is 2-5 free deployment zones.

Otherwise a very neat update and I'm glad we have chapter stuff that's equivilant to Boom beach's ops, CoC's clan wars, etc. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changelog for March 21, 2018 – Version 2.4.0

We are releasing 18 new Heroes over the coming weeks and making vital balance changes to help players defend their bases and develop new attack strategies.

New Features:

18 new Heroes will be released over the coming weeks, including 3 new Epic Heroes, 8 new Rare Heroes and 7 new Uncommon Heroes.

An instant build button has been added to help players construct buildings more efficiently.

Chapter mates can now see if you paid for a Siege attack using a Mark of Honor or Machine Spirit in the Siege Tab.

You will no longer gain a notification icon on the Chat tab when you or your Chapter mates complete Siege attacks

Balance Changes:

Percent damage based attacks and Tactics from Heroes and Turrets will now be capped based upon the owner’s Player Level. Some Heroes have had their stats adjusted to account for this change.

Implosion Strike’s Haywire duration has been reduced at all levels.

All Life-Stealing effects are now capped at a maximum of 300 health per second. Any Life-Stealing above this amount will be pooled and provided to the Hero when the Hero’s damage is not over the cap.

Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes that increase their maximum heath to not properly cap the maximum amount of maximum health they could gain, especially when using the Tactic multiple times. Some Heroes have had their stats adjusted to account for this change.

Harvest Souls’ percent damage progression adjusted and increased at higher levels.

The Tanglefoot Launcher can now attack units even if they are stealthed. If a unit that is stealthed enters the Tanglefoot Shell’s Area of Effect they can be targeted by other turrets. Should they leave the Area of Effect while still stealthed, they will once again become untargetable.

Reduced the damage reduction of Bunkers to 45% in Skirmish.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue where the Large Archeotech Cache may not work correctly if you had resumed the game after suspending it for a number of hours.

Fixed an issue where tournament rewards may display to the user multiple times at login.

Fixed an issue where similar Relic bonuses for different types of Turrets would grey each other out even though both were in fact giving their respective bonuses to the respective Turret type.

Sieges will no longer give notifications when you change tier for a siege that was completed.

Born Survivor will no longer improperly cause the hero to revive more than once per battle.

The Join button will now be greyed out on Chapter descriptions when you do not fulfil the Chapter’s Glory requirements.

Troops, Heroes and Vehicles that have died and been revived will now immediately be targetable by Troops and Turrets even if they have not moved.

Fixed an issue causing Heroes to sometimes not gain the proper health bonus from the Warlord Throne.

The Psychic Drain Talent should now provide the correct amount of health listed in the talent description.

Fixed an issue that could cause the UI not to show that that the free Skirmish Troop Replenishment event had ended and would charge you for them as normal.

Fixed an issue when using Heroes that could revive Troops that could cause Troops not to be revived into the correct company and cause them to get “stuck” on nodes during Skirmish.

Fixed an issue where the Siege tab would not auto-scroll to the bottom of the window like other Chat tabs.

Fixed an issue that caused Graviton Turrets to target Babak-Tu when he used his Hero Tactic. Turrets with targeting restrictions will now follow those restrictions even when being forced to target a specific unit.

Fixed an issue where units would move unnecessarily to attack a new target within their range after killing their last target.

Fixed an issue that would cause the victory rewards window not to look correct if too many rewards were being displayed.

Fixed an issue that caused level 7 and 8 Bolter Turret muzzle flashes to not be aligned correctly with the direction they were shooting.

Fixed an issue where under very specific circumstances units who were ordered to attack a target within their range could stop attacking until the object was destroyed or they were given a new order.

Fixed a number of issues with replays that could cause replays to show an attacker had lost even if they had won or lost more or fewer troops.

Corrected the displayed prices of mines in the building menu to accurately reflect the cost to build them.

Corrected an issue that caused the amount of rewards being displayed during a PVE drop assault to be incorrect when you had bonus rewards, though the amount of rewards received was correct.

Fixed an issue whereby equipped Wargear would no longer function after your Hero was revived.

Fixed some display issues with the tutorial.

Fixed and issue that could cause the game to crash if all of your Troops and Hero died during the withdraw countdown.

Fixed an issue that could cause players to be unable to claim the Empire Builder achievement even after fulfilling the requirements

Fixed an issue that could cause the HUD to temporarily disappear after taking certain actions.

Machine Spirit can now properly be claimed for all successful defenses wherein which the attacker loses half or more of their troops.

Fixed an issue that could affect scrolling and zooming on the Siege map.

Android Specific Bug Fixes:

The Scriptorium and Warlord Throne interfaces should now load much faster than before, especially on older devices.

Hitting the back button while watching a replay should now return you to the world map.

iPhone Specific Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue on iPhone X that caused the interface to appear underneath the notch.

Archived