Drop Assault out

Kilofix

I hadn't noticed with a ton of them and Bloodlust. I had been rocking ass in Skirmishes once I found out you could win if you wiped out your opponents troops instead of capturing points.

What would you suggest for "killier?"

Highest damage output per Unit (taking into account number of models in a Unit) is still the Support (Missile Launcher guys). Even compared to Dreads, Preds or the Raptor. But they are way fragile so use Cataphractii to Tank for them.

Highest damage output per Unit (taking into account number of models in a Unit) is still the Support (Missile Launcher guys). Even compared to Dreads, Preds or the Raptor. But they are way fragile so use Cataphractii to Tank for them.

This. Works for me. And yeah, Flint, Cats are great in PVP. I never bother going for points. 

Yeah, so far it has come out with the other guy typically trying to hold at least two points. I just send my entire huge Cataphractii wad at one of them, kill it, then beacon them over to the other. It is surprisingly simple, and I'm unsure why it keeps working. 

Yeah, so far it has come out with the other guy typically trying to hold at least two points. I just send my entire huge Cataphractii wad at one of them, kill it, then beacon them over to the other. It is surprisingly simple, and I'm unsure why it keeps working.

When that happens I use Beacon myself and run from my Opponent's Deathstar while holding the other 2 Points. Usually works for me.

Also, btw save all your early Machine Spirit from Achievements to buy 2 more Techmarines. They become the bottle neck later.

I must try this.

Yeah, that is totally what I'm finding. It's obnoxious to have to wait 3+ hours while you poodle out a single building. Does the 3rd techmarine cost more than the 2nd? 

@ Hush - B/c I used the phrase "cataphractii wad?" :biggrin.:

Yeah, first one was 400 and then the next one is 1000. I bought two, definitely a great investment in-game.

And yes,  "cataphractii wad" appealed to the old Emperor's Children in me. (That...sounds dirty too:ph34r.:).

For what its worth, playing other similar style games I always found it best to focus on turret-killers. If they got a rock-paper-scissors thing going on, there is almost always one or two types that get the most attention. Hit those as hard as you can, as fast as you can, with trailing everyman's in the back to pick off the undefended buildings. Nine times out of ten, I'm steamrolling across other people's bases. And the tenth still comes out with a minor victory of nearly wiping, depending on hoe the game scores.

But, until this comes out on Android, I won't know if that's useful advice here.

Yeah, first one was 400 and then the next one is 1000. I bought two, definitely a great investment in-game.

And yes,  "cataphractii wad" appealed to the old Emperor's Children in me. (That...sounds dirty too:ph34r:).

Oh wow, how long does it take to get 1000 coins? I've been picking up all the little ones from map beacons and earning trophies and I'm only at 320

I played PvP skirmish to rank 1 and some of the achievements on the way there gave 100s. Then opening more map areas reveals those spots that give like 50s ea.

I played PvP skirmish to rank 1 and some of the achievements on the way there gave 100s. Then opening more map areas reveals those spots that give like 50s ea.

Nice! I'm finally getting into skirmishes. Doing well until people use that EMP thing that stuns my guys.

And yes,  "cataphractii wad" appealed to the old Emperor's Children in me. (That...sounds dirty too:ph34r:).

Oh wow, how long does it take to get 1000 coins? I've been picking up all the little ones from map beacons and earning trophies and I'm only at 320

I messed up, bud. I meant to say I have two techmarines. I like seeing the two of them waddle around the base, working and stuff. It's going to be a long while till I have a third.

Oh sweet! You go bro.

Meanwhile, I'm just mobbing stuff with bloodlusted Cataphractii.

Also just forged a relic that grants +23% troop damage :happy.:

Nice! I just got Dark Apostle's Flame which gives me +19% Tactical and +26 Terminator damage (and +19% for beamers?). Now I just need to save up to switch to World Eaters.

Also, my username is Posidious in the game.

Ok the Titan costs 50 Energy to use, does 50,100 damage with its Apoc Missiles one-shot area of effect about the size of the small turret's range, then STAYS on the battlefield and continues to shoot random targets with its Laser Blaster. Like it stays and keeps shooting until the mission timer ends! It doesn't do anything with its other arm since its a Power Fist but who cares?!

I'm not sure what kind of base can withstand it.

Is it outside turret range?

It stands outside the field. Turrets can't hit it. But it's Laser Blaster can hit anything on the field. The only drawback is it doesn't fire that fast, maybe once every five seconds but that's still plenty.

Ah, one of those. Never really liked those, since it meant anyone who is paying real money for this thing is going to use it every single time. And there will be a lot of people who do.

I remember going to one game's forum, that had a dev on the board. I kind of figured people were hopelessly making up how much they spent on the game when I was hearing about hundreds, thousands of dollars being spent. Then I read one of the dev's stories about he used to be surprised at how much people will spend on mobile games like this, until he noticed one account had thrown well into the six-digits range of cash at it. Which he later verified that it was not a mistake, and his team was not, in fact, pranking him. In that game, the omega weapon was airstrikes, which cost a pretty penny of in-game gold, and required the longest downtime to recuperate. Considering how incredibly poor that game's economy was, utilizing them to attack another person's base pretty much assured that you would be losing resources. Get 10k from me, then spend 50k building back up the army you sent to get that 10k. And yet, more than half of the attacks against me would include all possible airstrikes. And they weren't even that good in comparison. Six pinprick attacks, but it would take three to pop a single shield bubble, and most people put overlapping shields over their most vital stuff. Four to take out HQ, but everything else in one hit. Considering how often I saw the same names pop up, it couldn't have been them logging off and waiting for their resources to catch up to their needs. They had to have been injecting a regular cash flow to keep up with their attack frequency and roster.

Maybe the Titan won't be like that, but I'm expecting it to now. Doesn't really bother me any. Unless the in-game economy crashes, in which case it has far more problems than a super unit, losing resources from attacks isn't that bad. And in the other game, it just made it more fun to go for a full win without a single airstrike.

I've been using the Titan quite a bit now. It's attacks are somewhat random so can't always kill a base on its own but it really helps bolstering my regular troops.

I got the Titan not through money but by simply beating the 6th Prime Objective. If I remember right it's to take out a Level 40 AI base. But I did it at Level 28 by just killing the AI's two Whirlwinds, then using EMP to run a Jetbike Squad past the gazillions of Beamers, LasCannons and Flamers to get to the far side of the AI's HQ. Then I just whittled the HQ down over the last 2 mins.

Btw, on a separate note, don't forget to do the daily challenges to get Machine Spirit.

Edit - I think I've scraped up to #36 on the Player list. Some other odds things are that may achievements show that I've successuflly defended my base 205 times but I've only had the log notify me 8 times that my Command HQ was Defended. Odd. Maybe the log doesn't record each and every time.

Also at LvL 30+, I still sometimes get paired vs a LvL 9. It's a bit it mismatched then.

Daily challenges? What are those? I don't remember seeing anything about that. Also, one of the updates brought goofy little green lights in the corner of most of my base buildings. I have no idea what they represent. Anyone figure that out?

Ok apparently my base is a popular target to attack right now. Must have to do with levels and matching or something.

Problem is that it won't let you log on when your base is being attacked. Which is frequently during the day now. It says "Base Being Attacked - Try Again in Est 4 mins" or something like that. So boo....

I guess that's ok though. My build times are so long that I'm waiting anyway and that any resources lost in the event that my base gets wiped are inconsequential.

Edit - ok it looks like the same guy has been attacking my base every 15 - 20 mins and he's using the same strategy each time that ends up with him losing all his ground forces but with 2 Raptors remaining. I'm going to make a very subtly change to my base config to surprise him the next time.

Also, I just tried the same exact tactic against him (EMP, laser 3 Whirlwinds, run TDAs straight to kill the remaining Hunters, then fly Raptors in to kill base) and I killed his base with 2 Raptors remaining too. Lol. I so hope he watches that replay and appreciates the symmetry.

That's one thing I like about this game. Even if I get attacked, it's not a significant setback. Other games I've played have been extremely discouraging in that regard. With this, I WANT to figure out a great base setup but honestly it's not that big a deal. 

Archived