Tactical - Imperial Armour 13: The lost & the damned

What are other peoples thoughts on the various legacies

The one with +1 inv save to khorne daemons is pretty nice on a bunch of khornate titans!

Ive not tried that one haha at some point id kind of like to try the re roll warp charge on malefic one once ive got enough daemons

Our legacies are not as good as the SM ones (of course). However, the Death of Kasyr Lutien is amazing if you are also running Daemons. The re-roll seize one is an auto-take if you have a non-flier non-daemon vehicle on the ground. It is just very unfortunate that unlike SM, 50% of CSM vehicles can't take the updates...

It's built to be detachable from the base. When its hovering (ie, when it arrives from deep strike, or wants to pick up or drop off troops, or contest objectives, or whatever), it stands on its tines, with the hatch pointed down. When flying, it's supposed to be on the base, with the hatch pointed forward. For simplicity's sake, you might just glue it to the base, though that may present a slight line of sight disadvantage unless you work something out with your opponent. Alternatively, you might just drop the base altogether, since it will most likely be spending most of its time hovering, although if you do this be sure to let your opponent know that it's actually higher up than it appears when flying high, and they should be allowed to draw line of sight to it over intervening terrain On those turns.

Just to clarify,  is this the Anvillus or Kharybdis pattern claw? I dont have the book yet, so I'm not sure which pod does all of this funky flying about stuff.

All of the assault claws are supposed to work like this, with the standing on their tines when hovering, and flying on bases when zooming.

The Kharybdis can sort of work like a drop pod, arriving, moving flat out, dropping off a huge unit to assault in round 2, except that the kharybdis actually has the inertial guidance system to allow pinpoint deployment the turn you drop, which immediately makes that the better choice, because then the unit can do some real damage before the opponent reacts and charges turn two anyway. Plus, the Kharybdis, while it has some extra hull points, is still only AV12, and costs 1.5 times the already very expensive dreadclaw value, and the unit inside will be much more expensive already, meaning that the problem of too many points in one not increadibly durable package issue that you get with putting too expensive a unit in the dreadclaw shows up, only much much worse. Basically, if you try to use a kharybdis like a dreadclaw, your opponent will be able to focus on it and will bring it down.

So instead, you drop of the contents turn one, but then you're back to being a WAY overpriced drop pod? At least you've got some decent firepower to float around blasting with afterwords, and sure, there will be some games you win by dropping 20 power armored bodies or 10 terminators including HQs in the opponent's backfield T1. But in all, it's just way too expensive points-wise for what it does. Maybe if it were 180 instead of 260? I don't know. Mostly, I just think it neede better armor. Maybe 180 points, AV13, and losing the guidance system to put the emphasis on assault? I don't know. Basically it's a 260 point huron that doesn't eat your warlord slot, I guess?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the FNP for Icon of Wrath squads is great.

You can easily fit in to the 12" bubble

Land raider with Power Lance Terminators, IoW

2 x Biker squad with Meltas, IoW

Rhino Draznichts Chosen, Special Weapon Havocs or CSM squad IoW

The 12" Dirge Caster is handy too

Archived