Carmine Blades - Completed Blood Angels Army!

keeblerartillery

Ok, so I decided to start a WIP thread for my Carmine Blades. I think I've finally settled on a scheme for my DC, Sang Guard and regular marines. I wanted to stick with the idea that the Blades don't see the Black Rage as a flaw but instead see it as a blessing from the Emperor. So I'm going to call them my Emperor's Chosen company and keep the white (pure) color scheme. I dialed back the blue in the blending and hopefully the white comes through better. I went back to the gold color scheme for my Sang Guard and highlight colors for the rest of the army. I liked the idea of silver but the gold just works a lot better. And plays more to the idea/image of nobility that I like. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to offer any comments and criticism!

gallery_70131_10318_322047.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_901886.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_948085.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_238466.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_189924.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_1245276.jpg

Edited by keeblerartillery

When you are looking at the image in the gallery, click on it to get the full size version (in its own dialog box). Then right click on the image and copy the location. You can then post it in a discussion by putting it in the image tags. Using your first image as an example, you would have:

[img=http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10318/gallery_70131_10318_901886.jpg]
This results in:

gallery_70131_10318_901886.jpg

When posting such large images, though, it is best to crop the image in order to reduce file size, reduce image size, and preserve focus on the image.

Ok, so I decided to start a WIP thread for my Carmine Blades.  I think I've finally settled on a scheme for my DC, Sang Guard and regular marines.  I wanted to stick with the idea that the Blades don't see the Black Rage as a flaw but instead see it as a blessing from the Emperor.  So I'm going to call them my Emperor's Chosen company and keep the white (pure) color scheme.  I dialed back the blue in the blending and hopefully the white comes through better.  I went back to the gold color scheme for my Sang Guard and highlight colors for the rest of the army. I liked the idea of silver but the gold just works a lot better.  And plays more to the idea/image of nobility that I like.  Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy and feel free to offer any comments and criticism!

Very well done Brother! Those looks incredible. Also kudos on taking on the new chapter in the codex!

Edited by Tiberius_Karn

Looking great.  I like the white DC a lot, but to me it kind of seems like the left shoulder pad looks unfinished.  I think that could just be because of the detail on the rest of him, I especially love the blue to highlight the wings on the gauntlet instead of black.  It really makes it stand out because you don't see it a lot on BA.  That gold on the SG is spot on.  And that Tac marine is fantastic, you paint your whole army to that standard and it is going to look very intimidating on the table.  Great work.

Great looking marines, in particlar the SG.

Well done on having the honour of the first Encarmine Blades plog also, keep updating and bring honour to the newest chapter in the bloodline of Sanguinius!

I would consider hitting the white with a very watered down black wash, just into the recesses of the model. The white helmet has a great colour, but the helm shape gets lost in all the white. Same with the DC.

I also agree that the left pad needs a bit more detailing, maybe just fill the saltire in black? 

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone!  I agree, the helmet on the EC (see what I did there?) is a little washed out.  I've livened up the shoulder pad and picked out a few more details but I think I'll add that wash as well.  I'll post some more pics soon.  Right now I'm struggling with the bases.  Going to do some experiments with pigments. 

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I finally finished the Emperor's Chosen (Death Company) squad! I'm really happy with how they came out...sadly my pictures don't really show it. Poor lighting and an iPhone apparently aren't the best for capturing their real look. Anyways, I hope you like them!

gallery_70131_10318_189019.jpggallery_70131_10318_518582.jpggallery_70131_10318_8602.jpg

Alright, so I've made a lot of progress on my Sanguinary guard now that the Emperor's Chosen are done. Hope you guys enjoy! (I also might be paint binge-ing). Also, does anyone know how to update the thread title?

gallery_70131_10318_555329.jpg

Marine - I actually have no idea. I just did a dakka swap shop exchange with a guy and he had a really cool custom Dante that that was attached to. Sorry I couldn't help! Also, thanks, I got the post edited. Here is a sneak peak of my custom Dante/Whatever name I come up with for my chapter master.

gallery_70131_10318_851943.jpg

I'm pretty you can do it by editing the first post. Also, where did you get that spear head?

Marine, the spear head is from the DE Scourages kit: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Scourges

keeblerartillery, custom Dante is looking awesome, and nice airbrushed effects on all the rest of that stuff!

• 2 weeks later...