Carmine Blades - Completed Blood Angels Army!

keeblerartillery

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

And no it isn’t all airbrushing. All the tabards were done by brush. The red is actually super easy - prime black. Zenithal highlight white. Cut back in shadows with black (I also add a drop of blue ink to give it depth). Then I dry brush white and stipple some to add texture. Then blood angels contrast through the airbrush. Viola!

To be fair, the best use I've found for the contrast paints was not using them as intended, but as glazes. My latest discovery was that mixing Mephiston Red Air + Blood Angels Red Contrast makes for a great(!) basecoat when airbrushed. Zenithal highlights, then straight over the miniature and you have a vibrant red as the contrast paint adds a richness to the finish that Meph Red lacks.

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work as usual!
Have you added some yellowish tint to your marble?
Red liquid in the hourglass - ominous :thumbsup: 

The little shield on the BG-Ancient looks a bit like covered in snow though, don;t you think? ;) I like the iron pole of the banner though. Adds some much needed gravitas to the otherwise strangely designed mini.

Excellent works. Whose skeleton is the Ancient holding aloft? (It's Space Marine-sized, but lacks a Marine's fused ribs.) An Imperial saint's, bearing witness as Sanguinius' sons avenge him/her? An enemy of the Imperium, bearing witness as the Emperor's servants torment him beyond death by destroying all this traitor/heretic held dear?

• 2 weeks later...

Contents of the drop pod finished! And for now...I'm calling my blood angels force done. I don't know how many points I have painted - but I don't have any unpainted models (that I intend on painting for something other than practice). So here you have it - the last of my Carmine Blades (for now). A devastator squad and a CPT with the teeth of terra.

gallery_70131_10318_1510760.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_1081322.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_1107514.jpg

Contents of the drop pod finished! And for now...I'm calling my blood angels force done. I don't know how many points I have painted - but I don't have any unpainted models (that I intend on painting for something other than practice). So here you have it - the last of my Carmine Blades (for now).

What a great achievement! I've been watching and appreciate your skill and tenacity. Looking forward to your next project or update if you come back to them.

Thanks so much! I’m actually working on a small dark angels force. I fell in love with 40K with the old angels of death codex - BA and DA. So I want to try my hand at a DA successor (I like putting my own spin on things). I plan on doing a lot of freehand and making them really ornate. Once I figure out a green I like, I’ll start a WIP blog and in the DA sub forum.