Carmine Blades - Completed Blood Angels Army!

keeblerartillery

I appreciate the C&C! And yea...I am a bit bummed by how they came out.  They aren't that dark before I seal them, but whenever I spray on the varnish the pigment just darkens up a lot.  Not sure how to avoid it <_<

Go back with your pigment after varnishing and apply it with white spirit to fix it without using varnish.

I really like the whites on these models, especially with the blue glow thhey have. Was that done with an airbrush?

Also, as SlangWhanger said above, Im not a huge fan of the Bolter. I prefer my DC bolters to have a red case.

Great looking models regardless of my nitpicking :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! Yea, the bolter and the black in general needs a little work. I was hoping that the highlighting I did with the grey would stand out more but I think I need to do a little more work with the black in general (including the bolter).  Thanks for the advice PJ, I'll definitely give that a go...on all my bases, since the effect is pretty uniform.  And yes Paikis, the blue was done with an airbrush. I primed white, used Badger Ghost Tint (Plasma I think) and then cut back in with white from the airbrush.  Again, thanks for the C&C, I appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...

So first off, thanks for all the feedback! I've gone back and redone my black. I added some more grey, gave it a wash and I think it looks a lot better. I also re-did my bolters and bolt pistols in red and agree - it looks much better for DC to have red weapons. I also livened up the silver and gold. The gold on the first guy still needs some finishing touches on the edge highlights. These guys are still mostly a work in progress and the pics aren't great but please let me know what you think!

gallery_70131_10318_37534.jpeg

gallery_70131_10318_68816.jpeg

gallery_70131_10318_80.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Hey all! So this has been a long time coming, but my hiatus is over. Here is my Sanguinary Priest; because the Blades are already have a little bit of a priest scheme going, I decided to invert the colors. He is still a WIP, I need to add some highlights to his helmet and base him obviously, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. As always, C&C welcome! Also, I apologize for the quality of the photos...I'll get my booth up and running soon.

gallery_70131_10318_998955.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_478558.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_323691.jpg

Edited by keeblerartillery

Honestly, I just sprayed some black paint along the edge using an airbrush to weather it. Simple yet effective I think. For the interior, I started with a dark blue, slowly layered up to a lighter blue, doing a smaller and smaller area with each step up in color and then an edge highlight of white on the hard edges.

• 5 months later...