Death guard color schemes

recon0321

I see a lot of different death guard colors schems and I am struggling to find a happy medium between mixing paints and a easy good looking scheme please post your recipes brothers and sisters....

My first thought has been rakarth flesh and Palid witch flesh over that....it's the ceramite color I ak having a hard time with I got a good idea for the green

I'd go for a Bone Color / Off-white for the...well..white Parts, personally.

Hopefully someone like Atia can chime in soon.. though in the mean time, this is from her WIP Thread : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291212-atias-horus-heresy-thread-firedrake-terminators-wip/?p=3756771

you could use Forgeworlds suggested recipe:

Forgeworld Durty White:
1. Undercoat with Skull White spray;
2. Wash with 50/50 mix of Seraphim
Sepia and Lahmian Medium;
3. Highlight with White Scar mixed with Lahmian
Medium. 

haven't tried it, but it's far easier than my mixed scheme :p

If you're going with the white DG scheme, I never had all that much luck with the whole building up to white from darker colors thing. Maybe I'm a crappy painter, I dunno, but it was always easier for me to reverse that and start with bright white(sprayed or airbrushed) and add shading, leaving the highlights as the bright untouched paint.

I've never painted Deathguard, but I saw somebodies minis on Saturday and they look AMAZEBALLS.

It was

Base of Zandri Dust

Ulthuan Gray

White Scar highlights

Sepia wash

There was some mixing...I think Ulthuan Grey was mixed with White at increasing ratios.

But they looked ace.

ATIA when you mix your paints do you have them in a dropper or spare pot?

i use a dropper and a mix-palett^^

http://img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/20150119131618wv3nj1pcse.jpg

Ushabti Bone with Skull White Highlights? Just work up from the bone colors. Maybe mix some white into Ushabti if its too beige for your tastes.

the main part of the death guard scheme is the weathering .... you just need a white/boney colour to build your weathering up :p

It's whether you want to paint it, and weather it heavily, or still maintain that egg-shell/off-white colour.

I personally weather heavily, with a variation of this colour scheme by my good man nurglephillhttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/162940-stripey-white-plague-marine-tutorial/

I use this for both pre- and post-heresy models, all working to that tarnished pre-heresy scheme.

My Death Guard paint scheme is as follows (just going the basics, not technical):

White Armor:

Base of Ushabti Bone

Wash of Agrax Earthshade

Drybrush of Ushabti Bone

Light Drybrush of Pallid Wychflesh

Green Armor:

Base of Loren Forest

Wash of Agrax Earthshade

Drybrush of Elysian Green

Trim:

Warplock Bronze

Multiple washes of Nuln Oil

That's the basic gyst of it without getting into rusting and chipping effects, etc. You can check out my stuff on my Photobucket, pics aren't the best but I think you get the idea.

Archived