Order of the Gilded Pyre *Update 7/10/16

Sith’ari

Hey all!

So after a few months of scrimping and saving, this wonderful box of goodies arrived the other day:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/00501d62-e587-44a0-9051-eb33c76cacb1_zps444871d1.jpg

Thats a whole lot of metal! blink.png

In a couple of months time, a good friend and I are starting up an old fashioned campaign, representing an Imperial crusade into the long abandoned Culderis sector. Rather than using marines again, I fancied mixing it up and so I finally bought the SoB army I'd been promising myself for years - perfect for purging whatever horrors await them in the Culderis crusade! cool.png

As is traditional when embarking on any new project, a couple of test minis were in order. So, via the miracles of crappy old camera-vision I present my first two (unbased) sisters:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/6097a42f-6045-4bc3-8af1-388cdbc3c52c_zps6384752d.jpg

They are still abit WIP, especially the black hair on the one on the left (seriously, if anybody knows how to highlight black hair without it looking grey, please share!) but this is the general look I'm going for.

I've started work on the rest of their unit, so I should have an update ready pretty soon! cool.png

Cheers!

Such a collection to get all at once! That must have been quite the effort, of course now you've done this I suppose sod's law demands that the plastic Sisters rumour be true and they arrive shortly :lol:

That's a great colour scheme you have and well painted too, I will be very much looking forward to seeing your army come along :D For black I'd work up from a grey, maybe something as simple as a few black washes as hair isn't a "true" black. Plus the Sisters have well sculpted hair so washes work very well on the recesses. What sort of basing are you thinking of?

These look awesome!  Can't wait to see more...  Really digging the gold armour.  What have you got planned for the bases?

So, what exactly was in the box of goodies?  Is the UK having the same issue with various sculpts disappearing from the Online Store and not getting replaced?  I know NZ/Australia doesn't have a whole lot of options available now...

Cheers all! After about three years of painting Black Legion it feels good to be painting some actual colours again! :D

For those curious about what's in the big box of awesome, it contains:

3 Sister blisters

10 Seraphim

Saint Celestine

2 Heavy Flamers

1 Melta sister

3 Penitent Engines

2 Immolators

2 Exorcists

So as you can see, a crazy amount of stuff! But I tend to buy most of the years project in one go, as that way I stay focused (I refuse to leave any model unpainted!) :D

Thanks for the suggestions on highlighting the hair. I never thought about using dark blues, so I will definitely be trying that out. For the bases, the board we will be playing most of the campaign on has a barren, dried river bed vibe, so I'm thinking a darkened, cracked earth will be worth a shot. The trick will be making the base dark enough so that it doesn't blend in with the model, but light enough so that it complements the board.

One might think...

To a similar end, though - a similar message - someone on another forum is organising a 'protest buy' for the fourth of march. They'll be sending an email explaining and buying a single model - the idea is that we get as many people as possible to buy the same model at the same time on that day, kind of like a financial signature on a petition.

Lol, fine then, i will endeavour to spread the message... Soon enough to catch things before the "possible" new rumours...

For any reading here, i'll do a quick synopsis:

4th of march, giving GW plc a few days to sort out the crisis.

This Model will be purchased at:

8am PST

10am CST

11am EST for the US

4pm GMT in the UK

5pm CET for most of Europe

This will come with a kind message to GW letting them know this is a petition for attention to be given to the Adepta Sororitas line of models.

I'd seriously consider it. I was thinking of getting the Heavy Bolter Sister, Hospitaller (both my fave sculpts wub.png ) and Celestine (again) this month anyway smile.png

When someone spends this much on Sisters in one go, it's pretty clear that means Sisters will come in a few months.

Oh thats 100% guaranteed! laugh.png

This organised buy-in sounds like a pretty good idea, so count me in! In fact, the main reason I bought from GW direct was to show the range some support. B)

I've pretty much finished the gold now on the two five man squads. Time to start the purple.

I'm looking forward to seeing this army completed.

Is the background for the Order of the Gilded Pyre still in development? If it's finished, or when you finish it, I'd like to add the order to the Tabula Sororitas (see the submission requirements here).

I'm looking forward to seeing this army completed.

Is the background for the Order of the Gilded Pyre still in development? If it's finished, or when you finish it, I'd like to add the order to the Tabula Sororitas (see the submission requirements here).

Ooh that sounds great! I'm still a long way off of finalizing their background, but I will definately let you know when its ready to go! B)

Looking a bit troop light on that list dude (needs more melta dude), still an awesome start though. msn-wink.gif

Ahaha! Since I'm normally the guy that always runs 3x 10 man CSM squads in Rhino's, for me this list is scarily troop light! laugh.pngHowever, for this campaign we are starting at around 1200pts and gradually building up from there, so I will definately be adding some bigger squads and a couple of Dominion units, the first chance I get.

Painting wise, I've sooooo nearly finished the first 2 squads, so expect a proper update early next week! cool.png

Archived