Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rumours: Adeptus Mechanicus - Skitarii

news rumours Adeptus Mechanicus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1469 replies to this topic

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,580 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

Because of too much off-topic discussion, i've split the bigger news&rumour thread to smaller ones. This one is for the rumoured Mechanicum/Skitarii from GW (not FW):

initial rumours:

Spoiler

WEEK 1 RELEASES: SKITARII VANGUARD/RANGERS and IRONSTRIDER BALLISTARII/SYDONIAN DRAGOON

teaser video:

this weeks pre-orders - update:

GW page logo was changed this second tongue.png

gallery_79873_10492_215.png

pre-orders and video should be up soon smile.png *hype train tschu tschu*

Update: pre-orders are up:

Skitarii Rangers:

http://www.games-wor...kitarii-Rangers

Skitarii Vanguard:

http://www.games-wor...itarii-Vanguard

Ironstrider Balistarii:

http://www.games-wor...der-Ballistarii

Ironstrider Sydonian Dragoon:

http://www.games-wor...ydonian-Dragoon

Leadbelcher Spray:

Skitarii transfer sheet (online only):

Skitarii paint web-bundle:

Skitarii Vanguard/Ranger web-bundle:

Ironstrider squadron web-bundle:

med_gallery_79873_10492_33587.jpg
med_gallery_79873_10492_49521.jpg

videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gGpMa_h0EQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii
box contains 10 new plastic models. They can be made up as either Skitarii Vanguard, or Skitarii Rangers. Both units contain special and close combat weapon options.

Adeptus Mechanicus Ironstrider
Said to the backbone of the Adeptus Mechanicus Scout forces. It's a dual kit allowing you to make either the Ironstrider Ballistarius -long ranged heavy weapon walker, or the Sydonian Dragoon which is a close combat version.

It comes with a riptide size base and stand just as tall as the Riptide or an Imperial Knight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEEK 2 RELEASES: SICARIANS, CODEX: SKITARII AND DATACARDS: SKITARII

hints for next week:
What lurks in the Dunes?
Armoury of the Skitarii
A Tide of Daemons
via Archibald_TK, warseer:
As usual I have no idea if it was talked about before, but in the WD they talk a little of the other Mechanicum factions that sometime fight alongside the Skiitari, they cite by name the Titan Legions, the Decurio Ordinatus and the robots of the Legio Cybernetica.

So yes, the robots are still a thing 10 000 years later.
via Lordbeefy, warseer:

Heard from my local blue shirt... (Atia's note: well, blue shirt >.>)

Skitarii book is on a par with the militarum tempestus book
Next book is the full adeptus mechanicus codexx
Third book is painting guide

There are two hq models, two heavies one a walker one is a more traditional vehicle design (?)..... the main codex will have significant decurion like formations with some really powerful special rules. 

As rumours go its fairly bland or non specific but thought I would pass it on anywY

via Atia ;P

Codex: Skitarii is confirmed:

gallery_79873_10492_458.png

via nightfury, faeit 212 comments:
There is a codex skitarii as well as a codex admech being released. i confirmed as much last month after seeing the photo's but was unable to determine until recently which would be released first.. as of now it'll be skitarii followed by admech proper

via LoWG, regarding the release schedule:

gallery_79873_10492_5354.png

This week releases:

Codex

Datacards

Sicarians

URL re-directs for Codex (hardback, eBook, ipad):

Codex Skitarii Ruststalker Edition:

Datacards Skitarii:

Sicarians:

http://www.games-wor...en-GB/Sicarians

Sicarian Infiltrators:

http://www.games-wor...an-Infiltrators

med_gallery_79873_10492_388052.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_280921.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_276291.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_385919.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_285867.jpg

release video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZUeXRDNfY

WEEK 3: ONAGER DUNECRAWLER

gallery_79873_10492_11756.jpg

UT8QsZtXchdXXagOFbXL.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_763543.png

med_gallery_79873_10492_323103.jpg

URL re-direct for the Onager Dunecrawler:

CODEX: CULT MECHANICUS

Howdy Boys and Girls 

This first Adeptus Mechanicus release was awesome! Three weeks full of new goodies. Next week is for Codex Eldar: Craftworlds, but we will get some other Mechanicus stuff after it, or better said, Codex: Cult Mechanicus.

See http://www.bolterand...ult-mechanicus/ for the new Cult Mechanicus rumour thread, as this one is big enough msn-wink.gif

greetings,

Atia

Greetings,

Atia, the princess of the rumour-tower

Edited by Atia, 10 April 2015 - 02:18 PM.

• Kongou likes this

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My Horus Heresy log (Death Guard, Word Bearers, Khorne Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

God-Potato of Mankind

God-Potato of Mankind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,471 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamanders

I hope they blend with the Forgeworld Mechanicum.

It would be nice to have a solid, more affordable troops choice.

• Battybattybats likes this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,288 posts

Is it just me, or does the bottom pic's respirator look like an icon of khorne. On that note, hopefully there aren't too many hard to get rid of loyalty symbols if these do end up legitimate, as I would love to use some for cultists or my fallen iron hands successor.

• miteyheroes and Wraith776 like this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

wWHQjAC.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

I hope this is real rather have plastic than OP resin. I will buy this in a micro second.

• Blood Shadow likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

NovemberIX

NovemberIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 793 posts
  • Chapter Name: November Warriors
I'm interested in this Eradication/ reverse Conversion Beamer that's being talked about. It sounds like something you'd have tag along with a Conversion Beamer to cover its gaps in firing while also possibly harassing the backfield.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
  • Chapter Name: Stoneburners
From the original topic:

AdMech Being legal in 40k without having to convince people to play a 30k list? Cool. So long as they don't lose their toys such as Thanatars and Castellax.

Also i should note that FW wasn't allowed to do Skitarii .... <_<

@Slipstreams: i'm sure FW will add their toys to the next IA if GW brings out Skitarii :P

Grain of Salt. Plastic Skitarii would look Hell of a lot better than resin.

Emperor Knows that 40k needs to know the Fear of the Thanatars Plasma Mortar! Especially since you can take 1-3 Per Slot, iirc.

...our 30k Campaign AdMech Player has 2 of them Plus 4 Knights in his 4k List...

....And I'm running Pride of the Legion "Look at all these 2+ Saves I've got!". Its going to be painful when I come up against him.

Yeah, GW telling FW not to make Skitarii is a pretty big sign (if its true) since they would've probably already been produced at this point since they're in the HH Books...right?

The Admech in the HH books are a completely different faction from the AdMech of 40k. All those big nasty robots aren't around any more because the legio cybernetica went over to the dark mechanicum during the heresy. What little of it is left is hidden away. The only reference to Imperial battle robots in the modern era is Telok's abandoned minions in Lords of Mars, and that was a shoehorn into an atrocious novel because McKneel wanted to fanboy.

The Admech in the HH books are a completely different faction from the AdMech of 40k. All those big nasty robots aren't around any more because the legio cybernetica went over to the dark mechanicum during the heresy. What little of it is left is hidden away. The only reference to Imperial battle robots in the modern era is Telok's abandoned minions in Lords of Mars, and that was a shoehorn into an atrocious novel because McKneel wanted to fanboy.

Following the defeat of the Heresy and the banishment of the Traitor Legions, the dishonored Legio cohorts also fled into the Eye of Terror, where they remain to this day. Since the defeat of Horus, the Legio Cybernetica has pledged itself anew to the Imperium. Its members now take binding oaths of loyalty more terrible than any Marine Chapter oaths.[1]

and knights in modern era weren't mentioned either in the last years (maybe storm of chaos)  until their new plastic release :P

Edited by Bryan Blaire, 23 January 2015 - 01:03 AM.

My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

Forge world has specifically stated that the 30k lists can't be used to represent a 40k skitarii army though.

Only one real problem with the rumour about Adi Mech as new faction, how would they be differntiated from the angry undying space robots. Now if GW dropped the AUSR and replaced them with Adi Mech that would make sense (Please do this GW, I didn't like the chaos androids in Space Crusade and I despise everything about the AUSR). I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Skitarii aren't robots, but more like cooler battle-servitors / augmented auxilia ;)

Gw will never stop until they have a robot faction that can transform...

Edited by Bryan Blaire, 23 January 2015 - 01:12 AM.

gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

It would be nice if this rumoured faction of either Skitarii or plastic Sisters turned out to be something like Tarellians, or Barghesi. As for the Deathwatch, I can see a single squad being accessible by one of those i-pad reader things GW is so fond of.

What surprising is that people actually go to naftka and listen to rumors from his click bait site, esp since he frequently uses his own links to quotes from his own articles.

Now if ad mech actually get made cool, for me on a 50/50 love hate. On one hand it will be nice to have rules, on the other, it makes my time converting and making my own a huge waste, and further pushes me away from 40k. I convert and sculpt everything myself, and I'd much rather play an army that is in the fluff that doesn't have real representation because it allows for that unique army look.

Odd they would have skitarii released, considering they are equivalent to Inquistorial storm troops/ scions. So we would have redundant scions book, same kinda troops maybe a new vehicle and access to all/most astartes vehicles. I would PERSONALLY prefer if they released a supplement style codex, let's say, like iron hands, but for Guard. model wise just use re painted scions (because they are the same thins as skitarii, in essence) and maybe release a new thing unique to them and a clam pack hq.
Regardless I would put money on them getting them tempus scion codex treatment. Would still pref it to be a data slate with wargear n such for guard though.

To be fair, other things need to be done first for other armies, cult troops def need representation like marines get. But GW is seemingly in a financial downward spiral, so the only thing for them to do is try to make quick money grabs wherever they can with data slates, painting articles, new random releases, and forego the things that need to be redone. Why release Eldar jet bikes that need it when they can be harlequin jetbikes? It's kind of a way to push aside the older junk no one will use anymore and still give people a reason to buy the new thing. I for one like the data slates, I mean there are so many awesome marine chapters that could use a cool rule and some wargear just because hey they can have my money for a relictors one! They should work on replacing out of date things first, but they won't because they want to turn a profit for the shareholders first and foremost. Money grab all you can is the new name of the game.

If they make skitarii, which i Highly doubt, maybe they make them like tomb kings in fantasy, with a head magos that allows all UNIts to use higher ballistic skill, but if he dies, they all revert to programmed behaviour.
That, and i'd love to see actual heavy battle-servitors as troops.

If we finally get an AdMech army, I'll be spending the next year on water and bread.

Only way to afford it, really.

Gw will never stop until they have a robot faction that can transform...

Or a Faction of models where one has a special rule called "i form the head".

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

Ad Mech were supposed to come out as an army in 2nd ed but were dropped because of fears they'd stop the new Necron faction from taking off. Much like the ended the popular Genestealer Cults to encourage people to move on to tyranid armies which fewer people had been fielding.
But they are visually distinct enough as we can see from Forgeworlds work.
I hope they make them nice and compatible with the Forgeworld forces visually and rules. Because i for one would like some plastic skitarii to add to my Knights/Mechanicum forces.

Looks more like the Solar Auxillia imo

That bottom pic looks like it has a skull rune of Khorne across its throat.

Yeah, looks like auxilia to me.
Skitarii really aren't just storm troopers though.

Skitarii are to tech-guard as Astartes are to guardsmen: Big, mean, genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced fighting machines that the very sight of makes you want to be anywhere but where they are.

No, skitarii is to tech-guard like Astra militarism is to imperial guard.

Skitarii? The Titan Legion foot troops? Pretty sure they're put on an equal playing field with the Astartes. I'll dig through my evacuation boxes to look through Titanicus and Know No Fear when I get home.

The term Skitarii covers all Mechanicum troops. Depending on the Forge World they serve, they could be anything from well-equipped Guardsmen, to combat servitors, to purpose-bred, genetically and bionically enhanced elites.

Oh, when did that happen? I thought the tech-guard/tech-thralls were the base troops? Last I saw, which was Know No Fear, Skitarii was a very specific reference to the ground troops of the Titan Legios.

Mechanicum Troops
Every forge world maintains a standing force of tech-guard, unaugmented on the whole and drawn from their labour force. The Legio Titanicus deploy cohorts of Skitarii alongside their great battle-engines; heavy modified shock troops with a high degree of bionic implants, while the Ordo Reductor favour the inhuman Thallaxii; whatever the nature of their troops, the Mechanicum blends machine with man according to the tenets of their faith, and many technological marvels are borne into battle by these cybernetic warriors.

From http://www.forgeworl...resy/Mechanicum

I'm sure I read something else from ForgeWorld about what the Skitarii are when they were asked if they would do them.  Can't remember at the minute

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

Skiitari are supposed to be elite cyborgs from what I remember..

In the HH3, the skitarii are refered to as one of the "powerfull three" along with the taghmata and the collegia titanicus.. As far as I understand they are somewhat like storm troops/semi-space marine. Definately not thralls or servitors... More elite and capable of independant thought and action... But i've only recently began reading about admech, so I could be wrong :)
Apart from that it could be very cool if gw did make a skitarii force, but I doubt they will, and if they do it probably wil be like the Militarum Tempestus, and not a stand alone army.
Oh and that gun is definitely a volkite variant.. Which untill now has been strictly 30k. Don't think gw will introduce them to 40k, so probably just pictures or solar auxillia.. Cool pics though anyway ;)

The Mechaniucm organization chart has Skitarii as it's own military wing, like the Titan Legions. So for 30K it will probably be it's own list under the Mechanicum faction.
What the Mechanicum really needs is it own baneblade sized Ordo Reductor Lord of War :D

Lucian Eilam has the correct answer – skitarii is the Adeptus Mechanicus' own term for what the Imperials call 'tech-guard'. It's a catch-all term for infantry ranging from rounded-up dregs armed with foul language to elite warriors that would provide a challenge for the Astartes. Of course, the most recent background that stated that directly is Epic: Titan Legions, so there's been a good ten (if not fifteen) years of concept drift. Who knows what will turn up?

Personally, I'm hopeful but keeping my expectations low. Those artworks look like the same artist who did the some of the illuminations for the Black Library special editions, so I don't buy that they're Codex artwork.

Personally, I'm hopeful but keeping my expectations low. Those artworks look like the same artist who did the some of the illuminations for the Black Library special editions, so I don't buy that they're Codex artwork.

if we really get a Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus/Skitarii, then we will get atleast one new BL book for them, and with that new artworks

Or perhaps Skitarii is the name for elite Mechanicum troops around the times of the Heresy, and then became a broader term as the millennia rolled by?

To me, that's the most logical, all-encompassing explanation.

Oh, when did that happen? I thought the tech-guard/tech-thralls were the base troops? Last I saw, which was Know No Fear, Skitarii was a very specific reference to the ground troops of the Titan Legios.

As long as "Skitarii" has been a thing. Skitarii is completely synonymous with Tech-Guard. This from the 1997 AM Detachment for Epic 40k: 

The Adeptus Mechanicus has two forces at its disposal. The might of the Titan Legions has ruled the battlefields for the Machine-God since the founding of the Imperium. Alongside these massive war engines, the Cult Mechanicus also has its regiments of Skitarii. Known by the uncouth and uninitiated as the Tech-Guard, the Skitarii are raised from the populations of the Forge Worlds and are armed and trained in similar fashion to the Imperial Guard. The Skitarii provide a defensive force for the Forge Worlds and also provide infantry and armoured support for the Titan Legions when they go on campaign. The warriors of the Skitarii are often bionically altered in some fashion and the crews of the Adeptus Mechanicus' tanks are cybernetically linked to their machines and can never leave them. InfantryThe term Skitarii refers to these regiments as a whole, but the different troops that make up the infantry and tank columns also have ancient titles which refer to their battlefield role and their position within the Cult Mechanicus. The Hypaspists form the standard infantry squads, and are armed with lasguns. Heavy weapons specialists earn the title of Sagitarii, while the honoured tank crews are dubbed Cataphracts and are afforded a great deal of respect for their close links with their machines. The Ballisterai are the artillerists of the Skitarii, experts in raining down fire at extremely long range. The Ballisterai often field large, experimental weapons, designed to smash or cut through armoured tanks and enemy strongholds. Then there are the Praetorians; biologically and bionically enhanced warriors, with brain-stem implants, neuro-linked processors and alloy reinforced skeletons. Unlike Space Marines who are genetically altered from an early age, the Praetorians are fully grown men who act as walking test beds for the rediscovered technologies of the Imperium. They are fearsome fighters whose devotion to the Machine-God makes them zealous combatants willing to fight to the death. They are the terror troops of the Adeptus Mechanicus, enforcing the will of the Machine-God wherever they are deployed.

Taghmata in the Heresy era is like "battle group" or "task force" - an army made up of the different branches (Skitarii, Titan Legions, Ordo Reductor and Legio Cybernetica).

Well then apparently they've decided to change that since as early as Titanicus because Titanicus has the Skitarii as basically Titan auxiliaries that are the equal to Astartes. Or maybe those are just a specific breed of Skitarii.

Titanicus didn't really change anything. Its only departure from the above is to identify some Skitarii forces as "Legio [X] Skitarii", which is sort of necessary because the story features different Skitarii forces supporting two entire Titan Legions, at times at odds, a third force defending the forge, plus the Skitarii from the invading Dark Mechanicus.

From the above quotation, again:

The Skitarii provide a defensive force for the Forge Worlds and also provide infantry and armoured support for the Titan Legions when they go on campaign.

Titanicus features Skitarii in both roles - when Sonne tries to infiltrate the forge, the halls are guarded by Skitarii. The big ones described as being a match for Space Marines would be the Praetorians, but they're not the only Skitarii forces mentioned in the text:

A three kilometre-long convoy of skitarii armour had led the procession – tanks and guntracks and mobile Hydra platforms. Vultures and, higher up, Thunderbolts, had skimmed down the line of the convoy like dense flocks of migrating birds.

It calls the Legio Invicta Skitarii "Mechanicus tech guard" at one point and separates the elite "gaudy giants" from the ranks of the hypaspists while identifying all as Skitarii:

The skitarii of Legio Invicta swept into the yard like a flash flood. Gaudy giants in plumed and jewelled armour led the way, sprinting headlong, axe-bills raised and integrated weapons firing. Thick ranks of charging hypaspists followed the screaming elite, blades locked and stave weapons lowered in unified fans and pike lines. Bright banners trailed above them, both cloth flags and hololithic emblems projected from emitter poles. Amongst the surging ranks, Gentrian saw the four- and six-legged construct bodies of weapons servitors moving at full stride. The scarred Warhound that had crippled Nicomach Ignix retreated across the yard as servitor weapons bruised and harried it.

The crashing tide of Mechanicus tech guard met the folds of the enemy skitarii at Nicomach Ignix’s feet. The concussive impact flattened the first few rows of enemy warriors and rolled into the densely packed formations behind them. Mechanicus tribunes and praetorians hacked and blasted their way into the screaming, recoiling host of the Archenemy, piling the ground with dead and dismembered victims.

It's all in keeping with the Epic 40k description, without even having to make the customary adjustments for the Abnettverse.

They look pretty cool, I like that cog crest on what I presume is the section leader.
And....is that a volkite? <3333

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

To be perfectly honest, after looking at those pics and reading all the rumours I have absolutely ZERO confidence in any of this....

To be perfectly honest, after looking at those pics and reading all the rumours I have absolutely ZERO confidence in any of this....

Totally agree ;)
but thanks for all the cool references from older material!

Eh, this is 40K. The fluff changes with the winds and tides and sales figures.How long ago were the halcyon days without Centurions or Space Wolf Freeze Rays?

Skitarii would be boss. Huge potential.

Skitarii would be boss. Huge potential.

Really, there is huge potential with Skitarii, Harlequins, and Death Watch, if the design team does their best work.

@Lucien:

The Invicta Skitarii skitarii, a throwback ti more savage times, were fearsome beasts, striped and extravagantly marked, their armour built for threar, their genes selected for bulk. Muscular arms gleamed in the odd light. Heavy boots thumped in marching unison. Weapon limbs snapped up to salute as one. Feather plumes, ivory ornaments, leopardskin capes, modified fangs. The skitarii roared at the sky like predators, as fearsome and bestial as Space Wolves.
- pages 70-71(hardcover)

Now that quote says all of the Legio Invicta Skitarii are basically big giant monsters and are virtually the same in appearance. Or at least so many that the observer didn't bother distinguishing. Which would strongly say that all of the Skitarii of Invicta are pretty much the same except for troop organization and rank hierarchy. Which would mean that there is zero things wrong with me saying the Titan Skitarii are their own specific breed.
the funny thing is that a non-mech character notices almost no difference between the Invicta Skitarii and the Tempestus Orestes Skitarii, who are the local defense force.
Of course, since both groups belong to Titan Legions, that should be expected. And since the attackers also belong to a Titan Legion, its no surprise we get this:

he had once been told that no infantry combat, not even the Guard or the vaubted Astartes could matcg a skitarii versus skitarii war for frenzy and fury. Biologically enhanced, augmetically accelerated, the onslaught was berserk and savage on both sides. It was like the ancient dark epoch wars of Old Terra, the stuff he'd read about in the almagests and tracts of his youth. It was, he imagined, like a snapshot of the epic contests on the fields of Mars, not the ceremonial Field of Mars up in the high hive, but the fields of Mars themselves, ten thousand years in the past, when the schisn of the Great and Terrible Heresy had riven the Mechanicum on the Holy Red Planet.
-Page 179(hardcover)

It should be noted the above was noted by an Orestean Titan Princeps.
Now, why am I saying all this? Because I am explaining my viewpoint and how it arose. I am not the veteran gamer who got to read Epic Titan when it was brand new and fresh on the shelf/web catalogue.
My material is newer. And it shows the Skitarii as being on the level of Astartes, not Guardsmen. And when combined with Soul Drinkers specific mention of tech guard being tech guard and no mention of the word Skitarii, it strongly suggests that the Skitarii are evolving into something other than the Mechanicum's baseline troops.
I can't think of one Black Library publication in which we see the word Skitarii that a Titan isn't far behind.
The fact that Forgeworld is following suit by making the Skitarii their own specific branch within the Mechanicum's military further shows this opinion as well as why they don't think their lists can adequately show the Skitarii yet.
So, yes there is Epic Titan that says all Tech Guard=Skitarii. It happens to come from the same era that Ferrus Manus rejected the Codex and all Space Marines worshipped the Emperor(Index Astartes Black Templars and Index Astartes Ultramarines/Index Astartes Iron Hands respectively).
Since then, with everything else, things have changed. Specifically from "Tech Guard=Skitarii" to "Skitarii=Tech Guard but Tech Guard does not always mean Skitarii" to "Skitarii have their own little branch separate and apart from the Tech Guard".
Of course, this is all a personal conclusion based on material that I have personally read and seen, so you ate welcome to disagree with it. However, I will do as I was doing and refer to any AdMech releases to either AdMech or Tech guard. An when I refer to Skitarii, I will be referring to the dudes and dudettes who go into war following the god-machines.

Now that quote says all of the Legio Invicta Skitarii

It doesn't say anything about "all" Legio Invicta Skitarii. It describes the group of Skitarii escorting Legio Invicta's Lord and First Princeps at what is basically a ceremonial parade. 

And it shows the Skitarii as being on the level of Astartes, not Guardsmen.

It says that a Skitarii vs Skitarii battle is unmatched for "frenzy and fury". It does not say that every Skitarius is on the level of a Space Marine. 

My material is newer.

Newer than passages from the same novel that directly contradict what you're saying? Impressive. 

I can't think of one Black Library publication in which we see the word Skitarii that a Titan isn't far behind.

I guess you're not a McNeill fan then. 

Standing before the front rank of these machines were a hundred warriors encased in the same black, beetle-gloss armour worn by the men who’d taken Ismael away. Bare-armed to better display their guild tattoos and implanted muscle enhancers, they carried a mixture of vicious shock mauls, shot-cannons and whips. Faceless behind black helms, they were fearsome killers, psychopaths yoked by iron discipline and devotion.‘Skitarii,’ said Abrehem, and the men within earshot flinched at the word.They’d all heard the stories of the mortal footsoldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus, former Guardsmen enhanced with all manner of implants, both physical and mental, to render them into remorseless killers and zealous protectors of the holy artefacts of their tech-priest masters.

Not a Titan in sight. The of Mars series is littered with examples. 

The fact that Forgeworld is following suit by making the Skitarii their own specific branch within the Mechanicum's military

There's no branch on Forge World's Adeptus Mechanicus chart labelled "Tech-Guard" for the Skitarii to be separate from.If you mean that there are things with guns within the 30k Cult Mechanicus that are not Skitarii, well, sure, but that's not what anyone else was talking about.

Unless you're trying to suggest that the 30k tech-thrralls are tech-guard but not skitarii, because they barely count as cannon fodder...

Unless you're trying to suggest that the 30k tech-thrralls are tech-guard but not skitarii, because they barely count as cannon fodder...

tech-thralls are better gollums with armour and guns :P

Those pictures dont look like official artwork at all, it really doesnt make me believe in this rumor any more than before..

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,966 posts
From original topic:

I'm wagering Skitarii do come out as a 40K minimalist codex, like Militarum Tempestus. Then FW will do a real Skitarii list for 30K.

AdMech Being legal in 40k without having to convince people to play a 30k list? Cool. So long as they don't lose their toys such as Thanatars and Castellax.

and the siege automaton

Now that quote says all of the Legio Invicta Skitarii

It doesn't say anything about "all" Legio Invicta Skitarii. It describes the group of Skitarii escorting Legio Invicta's Lord and First Princeps at what is basically a ceremonial parade.

And it shows the Skitarii as being on the level of Astartes, not Guardsmen.

It says that a Skitarii vs Skitarii battle is unmatched for "frenzy and fury". It does not say that every Skitarius is on the level of a Space Marine.

My material is newer.

Newer than passages from the same novel that directly contradict what you're saying? Impressive.

I guess you're not a McNeill fan then.

Standing before the front rank of these machines were a hundred warriors encased in the same black, beetle-gloss armour worn by the men who’d taken Ismael away. Bare-armed to better display their guild tattoos and implanted muscle enhancers, they carried a mixture of vicious shock mauls, shot-cannons and whips. Faceless behind black helms, they were fearsome killers, psychopaths yoked by iron discipline and devotion.
‘Skitarii,’ said Abrehem, and the men within earshot flinched at the word.
They’d all heard the stories of the mortal footsoldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus, former Guardsmen enhanced with all manner of implants, both physical and mental, to render them into remorseless killers and zealous protectors of the holy artefacts of their tech-priest masters.

Not a Titan in sight. The of Mars series is littered with examples.

The fact that Forgeworld is following suit by making the Skitarii their own specific branch within the Mechanicum's military

There's no branch on Forge World's Adeptus Mechanicus chart labelled "Tech-Guard" for the Skitarii to be separate from.
If you mean that there are things with guns within the 30k Cult Mechanicus that are not Skitarii, well, sure, but that's not what anyone else was talking about.
Yeah, you're right. It just so happens that every time we see the Invictia Skitarii, there's always mention of animal pelts. And "different interpretation" is not "contradiction", but whatever. If you can't accept that I've already said that the Titan Skitarii must simply be a different of Skitarii(basically admit your point) and you still feel the need to attack me even when all I did was explain why I had the viewpoint I previously had because I didn't have the Epic material, then go right ahead. I'm sure you'll make Jeske and Nehekhare proud.
And no, I haven't read the "of Mars" series. From the reviews of heard, can't really say I feel the inclination. Although its weird how my viewpoint is "they're above Guardsmen" and you would use a quote saying exactly that to say I'm wrong, but whatever. I bow to your superiority.
Also, Tech Guard in 30K are "Tech Thralls", or "Hyspasists" as the Epic Material called them.
So if you feel the further need to continue attacking me even though I acceded to your point two posts ago and my last post was(as I said at the end of the post) me explaining the error in my judgement, feel free.
For your reference of when I admitted your point and when I said "This is how I got my opinion".

Well then apparently they've decided to change that since as early as Titanicus because Titanicus has the Skitarii as basically Titan auxiliaries that are the equal to Astartes. Or maybe those are just a specific breed of Skitarii.

Now, why am I saying all this? Because I am explaining my viewpoint and how it arose. I am not the veteran gamer who got to read Epic Titan when it was brand new and fresh on the shelf/web catalogue.

Perhaps it's to leave the 'what are Skitarii' discussion. :) We can then focus of the unlikely chance of 40k Mechanicum stuff. I had planned a while back of doing a Harlequin themed army (with all models painted with that scheme) as I like the rugby team. But went with HH instead. The new stuff sounds like it could be pretty awesome.

I'm hoping these rumors about the Harley Quinns of 40k and the Skitarii that may or may not be all Tech-Guard are true. It'd be great to read some new lore about some of these lesser known groups, so long as said lore is worth the readin'.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

I'm very keen to see these spider troops and spider tanks if this is real, and unless the skitarii are extremely bad sculpts i'll get them (and if they are that bad i'll use Scions for them).
I'm hoping for a small and solid release that fits well with the forgeworld range and with Knights.

But no word of a flyer?
A plastic Mechanicus Flyer would be good for Knight armies and for Forgeworld Mechanicum ones.

No word of plastic techpriests? A plastic model to replace the metal (did they finecast them?) enginseers would be sensible and i'd have expected to hear of it and we have yet to hear of an HQ unit.

And i for one am hoping for a big floating thing with brains in jars like Blanche's artwork.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,355 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

For reference:

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Mechanicus Dunecrawler:

Ive seen the model so I thought I would chime in and describe the Dunecrawler. Sorry no pictures, it was not possible.

Its a walker with 4 armoured mechanical spider legs. The crew compartment is large metal box angled in the front. There is a small robotic arm in the front with tools and drills on the appendage. The visor for the drivers inside is a slit with optical lenses on the the left hand side of the opening. The Eradication Beamer is big, and looks like a giant conversion beamer, up top there is a gunner with a heavy stubber. I don't know the optional guns, but there are a couple. One that looks like a long barreled autocannon, but has some sort of array attached to it. None of the weapon options look like standard Imperial Weapons.

I also wanted to mention, that this is a Games Workshop release, not Forgeworld.

as always, take it with a bit of salt smile.png

and, an interesting statement from natfka:

Really?. We are going through this again. I report rumors and am not the source of any information, and that fact check has a horrible accuracy if you are speaking of the one from dakka. 

There are at any given time, several dozen of people that send information to this site or help point to it as it appears all over the internet. I simply report what they say, and what others say elsewhere. 

Darnok is has good sources but petri's keeping of a rumor tracker is abysmal. Even when it was started it was full of mistakes and errors.

As to adeptus mechanicus, more specifically skitarii. These are in the works, but what kind of time frame is out there, I really dont know. Its not often I verify or validate a rumor, in fact I think this is only the second time ever. Its time to move these up a notch to 5 star rumors. Unless something drastic happens, like the codex is dropped skitarii are coming. 

If you dont know the last time I said for certain something was coming, it was a just over a year ago when no one believed escalation or stronghold assault were coming. 

Sounds like a spider walker from Star Wars clone wars...

All day I have been chanting in my head

Aaaaaaad Meeeeeech

Aaaaaaad Meeeeeech.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifgallery_33968_5962_11035.jpg
Belial by 'Michael'
Stobz'z DAngles

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,355 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

For reference:

Adeptus Mechanicus (skitarii, dunewalker, techpriests?)

This has my attention. I like what I have seen from FW for Heresy-Era Mechanicum, so I'm interested in seeing the 10,000 years of lost knowledge versions. Should be plenty of conversion potential!

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifgallery_33968_5962_11035.jpg
Belial by 'Michael'
Stobz'z DAngles

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,580 posts
from DakkaDakka:

Mathieu Raymond wrote:
Just spoke with my friend who is working on a certain MMO using the 40K IP. He was asking his contacts in the UK if he could get a deal on a Mechanicum force from Forge World. He was told to wait until the end of March, it would be worth his while.

Mathieu Raymond wrote:
He specifically asked if it was Forgeworld stuff, and they said no. Mechanicus, not Forge World, and full faction.

as usual, take it with a bit of salt tongue.png

Edited by Atia, 28 January 2015 - 04:30 PM.

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My Horus Heresy log (Death Guard, Word Bearers, Khorne Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,122 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
Hmmmm, does his friend work on Eternal Crusade?

This could be something...

-~Ishagu~-

Tiger9gamer

Tiger9gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,393 posts
  • Chapter Name: 413th Lucius Expedition force

I really want this to be true, as I want another IoM army besides marines

Edited by Tiger9gamer, 28 January 2015 - 06:46 PM.

"There is an art to dying, but it is a dying art."

-Corvus Corax

"War is the science of destruction."

-John Abbott

gallery_70393_10089_6690.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,128 posts

This is so frustrating... I get back into the Hobby just in time for my Blood Angels to be redone, Awesome!

Then GW go and make full codicies for the two armies I've dreamed of having since I was twelve... Ad Mech and Harlequins D:

Life is cruel.... And expensive.

• Arkangilos, Ishagu and Battybattybats like this

gallery_62972_10568_73818.jpggallery_48988_6285_4379.png

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,654 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators/imperial fists
This army needs to happen!
[url=http://s10.photobucket.com/user/jeremy1391/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0BA28CF4-CA78-4E7B-A1CE-15410AA427DE_zpsw54m1hgi.jpg.html][img=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/0BA28CF4-CA78-4E7B-A1CE-15410AA427DE_zpsw54m1hgi.jpg][/url][url=http://s10.photobucket.com/user/jeremy1391/media/Mobile%20Uploads/AB5F998E-EBE3-486A-B0FB-D14055FB98BA_zps2vytcwx9.jpg.html][img=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/AB5F998E-EBE3-486A-B0FB-D14055FB98BA_zps2vytcwx9.jpg][/url][url=http://s10.photobucket.com/user/jeremy1391/media/Mobile%20Uploads/09D9FBDC-0A52-49E2-BA9E-F2F425726032_zpspzpcmi0l.png.html][img=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/09D9FBDC-0A52-49E2-BA9E-F2F425726032_zpspzpcmi0l.png][/url]

Azekellon

Azekellon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard

I'd like a Mechanicum army without the tedious modification of Cadians or Death Korps. Frankly, this is a welcome return to an Imperial presence on the tabletop. Damn you, Tau/Necrons!

THIS SITUATION REQUIRES AN ATROCIOUS AMOUNT OF OVERWHELMING FIREPOWER

http://www.bolterand...-angeli-dolorem - Angeli Dolorem IA (W-T-L) 5-6-5

A͏͓̞̭̪̼̙̳̪͕͘͘L͏̢̲͙̼͙̼̣̝̕L̟͍̼ ͈̻̱̕͞Ḩ̦̳̲̰̬͞A̶̵̮̤̭͍͝Ì̵̜ͅL̶̛̮͖͍̼̬͝ͅ ͍͕̬̗T̶̡͕̪͘ͅH̥͚̻͕̹̬͍̩̭E̴͇̞̗̳̳͝ ̶̼͎̱̮̝͙̝̗͜C̵̻̦͓̱̣̀Ơ͍̯̙͙̤͠R͘͏͚̮͇͎̼̞P͉̲S̵͇̖͕̜̫̀E̘͍͔̖͘͟͞ ͍͔̖̖͉̩̦̣G̶̡̺͉͜Ò̵͕̠̼͈͖̕Ḏ̶̩͇̕

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,580 posts

news from the mechanicus rumour front :)

via Sad Panda on Dakka Dakka:

"As mentioned elsewhere, this summer on the 40K-side of things is mostly about the folks from Mars (but no (global) campaign), as well as a few 1-week-releases (think Necrons). And of course, the new Fantasy kicking off Q3."

as usual, take it with a bit of salt :P

• Battybattybats likes this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,167 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Wake me when Forgeworld release the Ordinatus Mars please.

sleep.png

• Americanzero likes this

BassWave

BassWave

++ INCURSUS TACITURNUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,810 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legiones Astartes X
Considering the rumor confirmations on the blood thirster, and the harlequins, I'm pretty confident that skitaari are coming.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,749 posts

Forgeworlds new Techpriest Enginseer coming suggests that we aren't going to get plastic Techpriests, though it doesn't rule it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, rumours, Adeptus Mechanicus

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users