30K Imperial Fists WIP

marshal seanisi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful, that is an amazing look for those breachers who are my favorite unit in all of Warhammer. How did you get Sigismund with a helmet? Is it an option or did you just cut his head off and replace it with a spare you had laying around? (Wow that sounds terrible if I you think about it.)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

So I'm working on my Phallanx Warders now,  what if any experience have you guy's had with them in ZM games?.  I plan on kitting them up with Power Axes and the SGT with a Thunder Hammer.

I run the Stone Gauntlet ROW so this will give them Hammer of Wrath, and T5.  And +1 WS if they are charged.  

They are points heavy but in ZM I feel it might be worth it.  Have them secure an objective, If they are charged the have reaction fire at full balistic skill, +1 WS, T5 and have S5 AP 2 Attacks with a 5+ Invul.

Non- ZM games however make them hard to justify the points.

Even in ZM, they’re pretty pricey. Remember that they’re only Overwatching with bolt pistols (if you took power axes). And if they charge, you might gain HoW, but you lose T5.

Outside ZM, I’m not convinced they’re worth the cost. Slips can probably give you more personalised feedback though - I often face Imperial Fists but have never played with them.

Edit: also... glad to see your thread revived! :)

To maximise the benefit of the SG RoW I think you need to add an apothercary.

Using the ZM FoC you only have to take 1 breacher unit to unlock the RoW, which helps keep overall breacher ‘tax’ down.

Hardened armour is more useful in ZM so that’s another plus point (though normal breachers get it anyway)

I think a 1:5 axe ratio might be best as it will help keep the cost down but will give you a significant edge in most combats.

For 10 man squads, I personally run: 4x Axes, 1 Thunderhammer (on sarge + AA), 2x Plasma Gun and the rest bolters. It makes them more expensive, but it gives them more bite in shooting and in CC.

Add an apothecary to taste, really.

This build, I feel, gives you a few "meatshield" bodies in the squad to take shots for your Plasma Guns and Sergeant so you can mitigate losses on your investments. Since this is also ZM specific, you can then possibly get 4 Plasma Gun shots at full BS in Overwatch.

In general though, if you're using them in TSG with an Apothecary, always be on the receiving end of any charges if you can.

This lets you:

• Shoot at full BS
  • Survive enemy shooting
  • Init roll for full BS overwatch
  • Strike back in combat at +1WS and maintaining your +1T from TSG.

Boarding Shields also counting as defensive grenades means that theyll negate any charge bonuses your opponent might get from charging the Warders.

I've run 2 such squads in rather large Apoc battles that had ZM Sub-Boards and they usually did their job well.

For 10 man squads, I personally run: 4x Axes, 1 Thunderhammer (on sarge + AA), 2x Plasma Gun and the rest bolters. It makes them more expensive, but it gives them more bite in shooting and in CC.

Add an apothecary to taste, really.

This build, I feel, gives you a few "meatshield" bodies in the squad to take shots for your Plasma Guns and Sergeant so you can mitigate losses on your investments. Since this is also ZM specific, you can then possibly get 4 Plasma Gun shots at full BS in Overwatch.

In general though, if you're using them in TSG with an Apothecary, always be on the receiving end of any charges if you can.

This lets you:

• Shoot at full BS
  • Survive enemy shooting
  • Init roll for full BS overwatch
  • Strike back in combat at +1WS and maintaining your +1T from TSG.

Boarding Shields also counting as defensive grenades means that theyll negate any charge bonuses your opponent might get from charging the Warders.

I've run 2 such squads in rather large Apoc battles that had ZM Sub-Boards and they usually did their job well.

Very sound advice.  I have a rather large 6K game coming up and planned on running a 20 man unit with a Apothecary an Pollux in a Spartan.  Figure they can get dug in and dish out some damage if used correctly.

The Emperor's Champion version of Sigismund.

From the days of the old Armageddon campaign, the Black Templars became my army of choice.   

The story of the Emperor's Champion in White Dwarf issue #245 captured me and I've been a fan of Sigismund ever since.

"The Chaos champion fell like a mighty oak, almost cloven in two by the blow. Sigismund shouted a prayer of thanks to the Emperor as he leapt over the corpse. There was still much of the Emperor's work to be done this day...

38856333325_01ab5f5ca6_z_d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Big fan of sigismund with  black panoply... Though I find the color ironic because the origins of  black armored warriors representing the emperor directly go back to the pre-logar XVII legion heralds.  

Uhh, what? Imperial Heralds most definitely were not black.

Archived