Night Lords 2k points list

helterskelter

Righty heres my List:

Praetor: Master Crafted Chainglaive, Iron Halo (150)

Librarian: Stave, jump pack, mastery level 2 (135)

Terror Squad I [10] : Chargers, Chainglaive, Meltabombs (265)

Terror Squad II [10] : Chargers, Chainglaive, Meltabombs (265)

Terror Squad III [10] : Chargers, Power Axe, Meltabombs (265)

Contemptor: Kheres Assault Cannon, Graviton (205)

Night Raptors [10] : Power Axe, Meltagun, Meltabombs (280)

Skyhunter Jetbikes [3] : Sergeant, Power Fist, Multi-Melta, Meltabombs [3] (190)

Contemptor Deredeo: Armoured Ceramite, Aiolos Missile Launcher (240)

Total: 1,995

Praying for 3 turns of Night Fighting, using TS infiltrate to get the guns in range, praetor runs with one squad, libby with the raptors. Contemptor can fleet to catch up with the TS and Deo, Raptors and Jetbikes can open some tins for me. Deo can shoot flyers if he likes. Even if i don't get Night Fight, should be able to dish out some pain.

C+C as always welcome

Is there a Reason why you didn't give the Preator a Jetbike/Jump Pack for increased mobility?

He's a pure beatstick after all and while infiltrate will help with movement, Terror Squads aren't really 100% pure assault units unlike the Raptors; they're also slower once they've infiltrated.

Other than that, your only worry should just be Pie-Plates which, hopefully 3 turns of Night Fighting will help counter, Massed Terminators or 2+ Saves and AV14 might cause a bit of trouble though you have melta bombs galore.

Yeah, I was putting him with the terror squads so he can help gore whatever explodes out of transports. If I did give him a JP it might attract more than a desired level of attention to the Night Raptors/libby.

Chainglaives have the chance to rend, couple of power axes plus whichever discipline the libby has should help vs a few termies.

I was considering a Typhon to counter pieplate with a bigger one, but id have to drop more bodies to fit it at this level. 2.5k plus is almost a cert, unless I went via the Glaive route.

Could always pop a tllc on the contemptor?

I'd pop a Kheres on the Contemptor. More shots + Rending.

Other than that, reasoning is sound. Hopefully it stands up to it on the table.

Typhon would be nice but having to drop ~400 points of stuff will hurt more with how elite the list is than help, imo.

To much risk for imo one good power, biomancy can be brutal, plus smite at the very least. Divination has the buffs/nerfs, at the very least rerolls to hit with the primaris. I also don't believe in the mix/match you can do, due to the risk and no primaris.

To much risk for imo one good power, biomancy can be brutal, plus smite at the very least. Divination has the buffs/nerfs, at the very least rerolls to hit with the primaris. I also don't believe in the mix/match you can do, due to the risk and no primaris.

Fair Enough.

I'd go with Biomancy, personally. Seems like there are more useful powers in there for a CC focused Squad than Divination; though Prescience is a good power to fall back on in the event that you dont get what you want from the school.

Endurance giving them all eternal warrior + FNP (4+) is pretty great.

You're praetor will be out of action for several turns without a vehicle/mobility upgrade (he can't infiltrate with the terror squad unless he has it himself from what I understand). I'd run him with the Night Raptors as slipstreams mentioned. Or with the jetbikes to create 2 cc threats rather than a single big 1. 

I have clearly interpreted something wrong somewhere.. I was certain a character could do what the unit he had joined does as long as he deployed with them :-/ finding points for a jetbike shouldn't be too bad if I drop the graviton on the contemptor.

I have clearly interpreted something wrong somewhere.. I was certain a character could do what the unit he had joined does as long as he deployed with them :-/ finding points for a jetbike shouldn't be too bad if I drop the graviton on the contemptor.

Pretty sure he should be able to infiltrate with them too...

Finding the points for a Jetbike for the Preator will be hard. Which is why I suggested the Jump Pack since its cheaper and you dont have to give as much up for it.

Yeah the wording is weird, he can join the unit later but during deployment the IC rules state that he can't join a unit with the special rule if he isn't rocking it himself. 

Any reason why you've gone for jetbikes and dreads as your support? Have you considered running a trio of plasma preds or an artillery battery? I look at the Night Lord rite and to me, the biggest con seems to be the one heavy support. Forking out 750+ points for 30 marines encourages me to look for other ways to present deadly fire support options from turn 1. I haven't seen the rules for the new dread though so that might help with that gap.

The contemptor having fleet can soon catch up and support the terror squads, the deredeo has got some mean firepower if stationary can take out flyers quite happily, but can also munch through marines/light transport/glance av14 if it needs to with the added bonus of sunder.

The jetbikes have a contingency role, being dirty fast they can get somewhere in case of emergency. The power fist/meltabombs should help deal with any issues that may arise.

They have a bit more tactical flexibility than a predator trio I feel (believe me was considered though)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting for a reply from Forgeworld in regards to the 7th ed. changes to Sevatar that were not addressed in the December FAQ. Mainly whether or not the new Master of Ambush rules apply.

If so, you can just take Sev (kinda merging your Praetor and Lib) and stick a Primus Medicae with the Raptors. The new Master of Ambush confers Infiltrate to the Warlord + 3 additional non-vehicle units, so you would be able to infiltrate Sev with a Terror Squad as well as everything else on your list.

Question:
I had a general question in regards to Sevatar that I don't believe was addressed in your HH 7th edition FAQ in December.

Sevatar automatically has the Master of Ambush Warlord trait, which in the 6th edition, gave Outflanking units Acute Senses. However, in the 7th edition, Master of Ambush was changed so that the Warlord and three additional non-vehicle units were able to Infiltrate.

Can I have a confirmation that the new attributes would apply now? Example: Sevatar should now able to Infiltrate with a Terror Squad.

Answer:
Hi,
Thank you for your email.  The Master of Ambush rules for Sevatar are his own abilities and not those from the main rule book. His ability should be used as written in his entry.
If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

No dice. Lame...

You would think they would allow it to make up for no Artificer Armor haha.

• 2 weeks later...

So had a bit of a tweak, ditced the libby in favour of a few more bodies with some anti tank thrown in.

+++ Night Lords (1990pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1990pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Legion Praetor (165pts) [Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Nostraman Chainglaive, Trophies of Judgement

+ Troops (720pts) +

Terror Squad (240pts) 9x Executioner, 5x Volkite Charger

····Headsman [Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive

Terror Squad (240pts) [9x Executioner, 5x Volkite Charger

····Headsman Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive

Terror Squad (240pts) [9x Executioner, 5x Volkite Charger

····Headsman Melta Bombs, Power Axe

+ Elites (440pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (190pts)

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought, Kheres Assault Cannon

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (250pts) Legion Veteran Sergeant, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines (135pts), 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Tank Hunters

+ Fast Attack (425pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (160pts) [Melta Bombs, Multi-melta

Night Raptor Squad (265pts) 9x Night Raptor

····Huntmaster Melta Bombs, Power Axe

+ Heavy Support (240pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VIII: Night Lords]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Archived