Forgeworld bulletin 45 - event exclusive miniatures!

Slips

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/News/FORGE_WORLD_BULLETIN_45.html

Feast your eyes brothers and sisters and look on in envy at those who will have the opportunity to purchase these AMAZING looking minis - especially the Alpha Legion painted one.

Le sigh.

We also get a more difinitve look at Forgeworlds paint scheme for their Ultramarines.

I dont get the AL one at all. He looks quite chubby, and what's he pointing at us?

What actually are they, past being AL and IW?

Also I think that's just someone from the studios UM, as opposed to THE studio UM.

Holy crap I really like them minis! Now all I need is someone who is going to the event who wouldn't mind picking one up for me... 

Same here.  But there are other events as well in the future where these should be on sale though out this year like Salute, Warhammer Fest, Forge World open day, etc...

The one painted up to be an Alpha Legionnaire is infact based off one of the Sons of Horus art pieces in one of the Horus Heresy art books (can't remember exactly which one.)  I absolutely need to get my hands on one... Please merciful Warmaster I must have one for my Sons of Horus. Here's a side by side of the model and the art that inspired it. 

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/SoH1_zpsd9c994fd.png  http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/FER6GD32_124YTR045A2.jpg

I'd have said that he was defo belonging to the SoH (not that they need anymore stuff) but the hydra heads covering the breastplate obviously mark him as XX Legion. Either way I don't care, I love that model

I'd have said that he was defo belonging to the SoH (not that they need anymore stuff) but the hydra heads covering the breastplate obviously mark him as XX Legion. Either way I don't care, I love that model

Snakes doesn't make it a Hydra. Snakes seem to be a pretty strong symbol for the Sons of Horus too.

Snakes doesn't make it a Hydra. Snakes seem to be a pretty strong symbol for the Sons of Horus too.

True - Abaddon has a snake wrapped around his Sons of Horus icon on his shoulder.

Yeah agreed. The whole eye of Horus is the serpent eye or something isn't it? Or the symbol of the Serpent Lodge on Davin or something.

However that model also has a XX on the leg armour so they clearly sculpted it as AL. Edit: oops, that's painted on.

More stuff for me to buy in a couuple of weeks then - it's good to see useful HH minatures than the previous couple of years (Davinite Priest and a Naviagtor - most people aren't going to be cracking those out for most games), but as already mentioned in this thread there's going to be a massive amount of resale on these on the early doors. I hope FW bring enough, as last year they ran out of the Navigators on the Saturday and had to bring more across on the Sunday.

I think I prefer the Alpha Legion one (he's painted as AL so I will refer to him as AL) over the other, although I reserve final judgement until I see the model in the flesh. Nice to see the move onwards from the standard marks of armous through something more akin to the 40k CSM armour.

In fairness to FW when I bought the minotaur event exclusive at the FW open day last year they were sold out when I got to the front of the queue and were kind enough to ship it to me so I don't think that will be too much of a problem. Having seen the Saturday rush though...good luck with that

If you look closely at the art, there are two wolf heads with snakes coiled around them, with a skull in the centre. It could quite possibly be Sons of Horus based after all (I own the art book, it's Illuminations from the Isstvan Collection). I'd be surprised if Forge World had mistakenly painted it up as an Alpha Legionnaire though, more likely they just changed some of the symbols slightly (we can't see the shoulder after all) or decided it was a generic Legion model.

Sons of Horus art inspiring Alpha Legion, Death Guard becoming Iron Warriors... it can only mean one thing...

"Dogs and Cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!" - Inquisitor Venkman

I wonder if I can use these models in my Imperial Fists...

Sons of Horus art inspiring Alpha Legion, Death Guard becoming Iron Warriors... it can only mean one thing...

"Dogs and Cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!" - Inquisitor Venkman

I wonder if I can use these models in my Imperial Fists...

I'd certainly try. There might even be a chance at them being converted...

Archived