2000pts Night Lords Terror Assault

Ave_Dominus_Nox

Alright, working on the framework for a list i ran into a wall. I know i want to run the RoW. I know i want to use Terror Squads in Dreadclaws. I don't know what the censored.gif to put in the rest of the list. I'll mostly be playing against 40k armies, but I haven't played a game since 5th edition, so I'm completely drawing a blank as what else to use to flush out the list. Here Goes:

Legion Praetor - 100pts Terror Assault RoW

(I'm not sure if i want to toss this guy in a storm eagle with a big despoiler squad, or get him a jump-pack/jetbike and stick him with a corresponding unit)

3 x Terror Squad - 310pts (930pts total)

-Dreadclaw

-Headsman w/ artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive.

(These guys are 9 strong, including the headsman, to make room for an accompanying apothecary.

Apothecarion Detachment - 195pts

-3xLegion Apothecary w/ artificer armour and power sword

TOTAL - 1225pts (775pts spare)

If you go a mooching theres a few terror lists (including my own) from which you can draw inspiration. Some guns to make things go boom would be most useful. 775 isn't loads to play around with, especially as you have to arm your praetor

Unless it was mentioned in an FAQ, Terror squads are not listed as a squad the Apothecaries can join.

I am not a fan of your Terror squads, I would field five or ten, but give them all chargers and put them in regular drop pods. They will devastate any infantry squad they land next to and then if the opponent charges you can snap fire again likely killing one or two more.

When I think Terror ROW, I think shock and awe. Hit them hard with as much firepower as you can as fast as you can, put your opponent on his back feet.

I might bring a lone Terror squad armed for hand to hand and have the Praetor with them, conversely I typically field him with a Night Raptor squad.

Despoiler squad? whats this?

Your next decision, are you rapid deploying everything or having some things start on the board? Right now your lone contemptor is a fat target, he is resilient but when your opponents entire army is shooting at him, he is kinda screwed. How about a terminator squad with a Spartan transport, pay the points to let them deep strike and start the Spartan with a flare shield on the board. People stupidly seem to over saturate the Spartan with fire it can take and will ignore the contemptor. This would allow you to bring a Sicarian in the heavy slot as well.

In the red gamer books apoths can join terror squads. They are only allowed dread claw drop pods. And the chargers would be in addition to Bp and ccw. So would only need to give the boss the angry ccw gear.

Despoilers are how fw list ccw and bp armed tacticals.

The row allows the potential for up to 3 turns forced night fight so he has room to manouvre a bit.

Just to clarify these points.

Archived