Imperium Everlasting: XIII Legion WIP Thread

COURAGE AND HONOUR!

GLORY TO THE XIII!

"You may kill Armartura, but what hope do you have against the 500 worlds?"

Brother-Sergeant Perras, prior to his crucifixion upon the Word Bearers battle tank Aurelian.

Greeting Brothers and Sisters! Here begins my XIII Legion WIP Thread, with the occasional ally (or enemy;) ) here or there. I aim to have this thread to keep me inspired and to keep painting, as I am a horrifically slow painter, it's not really funny. I am going to write up my own fluff peices to add to the mood and show off the character I want to develop for the force

The force will mainly be based upon the Ultramarines Evocatus forces present on Armartura, along with some War Hounds whose fluff and presence I will explain later when I start working on them.

Alas, I do not have any models yet to show off, but I am expecting them in 2-3 days. 

And my first peice of fluff:

Lanic opened his eyes. Light momentarily blinded him, flooding into his view. He was lying prone upon rubble and corpses. Memories came back to him. The magnificent buildings exploding, rubble raining down upon the trapped warriors desperately trying to escape.

He sat up. His vision blurred, then recovered. He surveyed the area.

Destruction was everywhere. Majestic tanks in the golden and cobalt heraldry of the Ultramarines sat still and silent, along with countless World Eater warriors.

Lanic stood up, noting the sluggishness with which he moved. His helm was gone, torn off in the confusion and madness. He noted a bright red MKIV helm sitting in the rubble. He moved over and picked it up, checking if the comms were working inside. He put on the helm, and looked round for a suitable weapon. He had his sidearm, but needed a blade. A chainaxe lay half buried in rubble next to a dead World Eater, whose head had been taken off during the fighting. He picked up the weapon, feeling the polished handle and thumbing the activation rune. The teeth whirred into action, becoming a blur of miniature metal daggers. He turned off the weapon, stroking the weapon's teeth with his armoured fingers.

Suddenly, a foaming World Eater hurled himself out of the death surrounding Lanic. He landed upon Lanic's back, clawing at his helm. Lanic hurled the monster off of him, activating the chainaxe and bringing it down upon the World Eater's chestplate, carving through ceramite and ripping into the flesh beneath. Gore sprayed out from the legionary's torso, spraying onto the ground and turning Lanic's dusty cobalt armour red. Lanic kept pushing until the World Eater stopped struggling, satisfied he was dead.

Lanic turned away from his kill and proceeded to make his way back to the Ultramarines lines, tallying 7 World Eater kills and 4 Word Bearer kills.

Hope you like it!

As a XVII fan I have obviously some connections to the XIII. I know they are supposed to be "my enemy". But because if you want to read about WB you have to read all the UM novels, too. And thus I am quite interested in all the XIII army projects that are coming up now that Book V is on the horizon.

So good luck.

You made the right choice on a Legion, brother.  :)

I'd highly suggest you go and check out Apologists' Ultramarines over in the Forge. His imagery, and that created by our Overlords at FW, is basically how I imagine the XIII Legion all the time, lol.

I'll be looking to this topic (along with Vazzy's and Apologists amongst others) for inspiration for the day I finally get my digit out and start my XIII army happy.png

@Vazzy: Prowling through your log was what got me hooked on Ultramarines. I like the gold and the way it went with the blue, and wanted to recreate that on Breacher shields.

Also Doghouse and Apologists thread was pretty inspiring, I loved the Guilliman Apologist made.

And now for some more fluff:

Brother sergeant Straya was enjoying himself. He had never liked the Word Bearers, he found them to fanatical for his own tastes, and now he had pleasure of cutting them down. 

Heavy support squad Straya cascaded autocannon rounds into the encroaching Word Bearers, dropping crimson bodies with mass reactive cannon fire. Supporting Armarturan guard units showered las fire into the endless ranks of cultists. Straya was so immersed in the slaughter that he didn't feel his autocannon overheating until it was burning in his hands. The barrel glowed purple as he fanned his hand around, hoping to cool it down and get back into the fight. 

Brother Cax dropped, slain by a stray bolter round hitting him in the head. Blood squirted out of the stump that once was his head. Straya rushed over to the idle autocannon, and hefted it up to unleash vengeance for the owner. The cannon opened up, roaring its defiance at the Word Bearers now among the Ultramarines defensive positions.

A shadow eclipsed Straya, as a howling assault marine landed among the squad, setting in with his glowing power sword. Brother Vaz was grievously wounded, his arm cut off, and Brother Darius was beheaded before the rampaging warrior was put down by a storm of bolt rounds from tactical squad Quen.

The battered Heavy support squad then continued firing, but slowly the Ultramarines were pushed back by the zealous fury of the Word Bearers. The loyalist positions were slowly being overrun.

Refusing to fall back, Straya ordered his squad to leave with the retreating Ultramarines, electing to stay behind and cover the retreat. 

An axe cut through the smoking barrel of his autocannon. Instinctively he grabbed his sidearm, whirling to face the grinning Word Bearer. He fired. The rounds deflected off a powerful force field, and instead the Word Bearer struck again, biting deep into the forearm raised in defence. Straya grunted in pain before launching himself into a tackle that brought the Word Bearer to the ground. The two tussled in the blood and dust, both struggling to gain the upper hand. The Word Bearer rolled away from the Ultramarine, before rising with an obsidian blade in his hand and striking at the crippled sergeant. The knife jabbed into Straya's right cheek, and he tasted blood.

Straya was defenceless. The knife had taken all the fight from him. It was enchanted somehow. But he was still alive. He wondered why. An impossibly huge shape loomed above, but now everything looked big and small at the same time.

He was dragged up by rough hands, and taken over to the renegade Reaver titan Infedelitas

No one heard him scream, for he didn't scream. 

When the titan walked again, Straya was crucified upon its torso.

Hope you liked it.

On a side note, my order still hasn't arrived yet and I have about $110-120 AUS to play around with. I was thinking get some breachers, and get some marines for my heavy support squad. ARGH! I want to start building dammit!

Alright, I just realised I have an old Baal predator sitting around doing nothing for my BA. Can I use mars pattern tanks in 30k? If so I will proceed to scrape, snip and file off all the BA iconography and turn the Baal pred into a legion pred with flamestorm cannon, heavy bolters and armoured ceramite.

Will post a WIP soon.

Alright, I just realised I have an old Baal predator sitting around doing nothing for my BA. Can I use mars pattern tanks in 30k? If so I will proceed to scrape, snip and file off all the BA iconography and turn the Baal pred into a legion pred with flamestorm cannon, heavy bolters and armoured ceramite.

Will post a WIP soon.

Unless its specifically written in the vehicles history that it hadn't existed during the Heresy (Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer, for example) any GW Plastic kit represents a Phobos or Mars pattern vehicle.

..can Predators take Armored Ceramite?

Will post a WIP soon.

Unless its specifically written in the vehicles history that it hadn't existed during the Heresy (Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer, for example) any GW Plastic kit represents a Phobos or Mars pattern vehicle.

..can Predators take Armored Ceramite?

They can indeed. 

Bear in mind the Heresy-era Predator bears the very cool Predator Autocannon, a big improvement over the debased 41st Millennium version :)

It's also a classic RT piece, so it'll always have a place in my primary heart as the Astartes' main battle tank.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Evocati – I'll be watching with interest :)

Alright, here it is, first ever picture post at BnC.

I have worked to remove the BA iconography off the baal pred, so now that is done. Also sadly my Forge world order still hasn't come 

Fluff and pics for the predator battle tank, Hyaenid.

"Brothers, bring your righteous fury upon the foe! Vanquish the upon your walls, smite them with your blades

and drown them in fire!"

++Brother-Chaplain Karg during the defence of Saert's northern bastion++

++Last recorded Ultramarines defence in the Stey system++

Hyaenid rumbled along the wrecked wroad, flanked by the remains of the Evocatus 27th company and Armarturan academy guard "Firstborn" support. The once proud tank had been reduced to a shadow of its former glory, wracked by shells and heavy ammunition during the defence of Aile pass. It's flamestorm cannon still licked fire, and its heavy bolters glowed purple from repeated and unrelenting fusilades upon the Word Bearers ranks. It was the only tank to have survived the Word Bearers systematic armour culling during that blighted slaughter

Ruins lined the side of the road, shells of once proud buildings barely standing. Gunnery sergeant Aryn Surveyed this sadly. He had walked this road before, enjoying the beauty and ingeniousness wound into the buildings. Now it would never be the same. "Commander Tej," he called "is there anything on the auspex?" "No, Aryn, nothing." sighed Tej. Tej had served with the legions predator squadrons for almost thirty years, and he was wishing for a chance to bring his metal monster into battle against the Word Bearers, or the World Eaters. He didn't care.

The first thing they knew of the ambush was the revving of a chainblade. The roaring sound cut through the air, louder than any noise made by the advancing party.

Given that any chance of an ambush was now out of the window, the World Eaters began their assault. Howling tactical marines burst out of the rubble, barreling towards the loyalist lines.

Instinctively, the Ultramarines and their human counterparts began laying down supporting fire, blanketing the encroaching berserkers with waves of disciplined fire. White bodies dropped, torn down by the wave upon wave of fire directed upon them. Nevertheless, the World Eaters steadily closed the gap between the two forces, their reckless disregard for their own safety ensuring that their brothers made it to the enemy.

Hand to hand combat was joined. Where the Evocati had the advantage at ranged combat, the World Eaters had the advantage in close assault. They carved through the ranks of Armarturan guard as if they were reaping weat. The Evocati proved harder to kill. They responded with a ferocity of their own, a ferocity born of seeing their home world destroyed, from seeing everything they had ever worked to defend and build torn down by merciless invaders whom they had once called brother. Blades in hands, they launched themselves against the berserkers. 

It wasn't enough. The fury of the World Eaters outmatched that of the Evocati warriors. Eventually, the general retreat was sounded. 

Hyaenid was in the midst of the fighting, flame storm cannon bellowing its fiery rage. World Eaters warriors were cooked to a crisp, their armour turning into a charred black. "Commander Tej, This is Captain Emil, Spearhead our retreat, and burn anything that dares to stick out its head." "Acknowledged." voxed Tej. The Hyaenid spurred ahead of the retreating Evocati forces, clearing a bloody path as it pursued escape.

The shattered remants of the Evocatus 27th company reconnected with the main Ultramarines defence 4 terran hours later, before being thrown back into the thick of the fighting by Captain Orfeo.

Captain Emil assumed command of the Evocatus forces upon Captain Orfeos death. Hyaenid served as his honourary command tank for the remainder of the Armarturan war.

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_1647_zps8go6iirk.jpg

++Pict capture of the Hyaenid during the Aile pass slaughter++

-Note heavy damge sustained on front left hull and impact craters from heavy munitions-

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/10421-30k-ultramarines-evocati/

++Organisation of the XIII Legiones Astartes-'Evocati'++

=Captain Orfeo, War regent of Armatura.=

12th Chapter 'Illuminators'

Captain Esi

[NOTE: Chapter Master Trema was note present at Armatura due to being summoned to Calth. He was later reported KIA during the atrocity]

Number of Legionaries: 973

8 Companies

The 12th Chapter is noted to have an almost fanatical belief in the light of the Emperor, expressing views usually only seen among the ranks of the Word Bearers.

14th Chapter 'Dawnbreakers'

Chapter Master Jadi

Number of Legionaries: 1052

12 Companies

The 14th Chapter values skill in combat above ranged firepower. Upon entering the Chapter, aspirants must fight prove their skill with a blade, or languish in the Chapters few devastator squads until they prove themselves.

17th Chapter 'Bloodless'

Chapter Master Freto

Number of Legionaries: 1000

10 Companies

The 'Bloodless' have had exactly 1000 legionaries for 5 terran years. This has earned them the respectful moniker "Bloodless', a nod to their bloodless five years.

18th Chapter 'Dauntless'

Chapter Master Gakim

Number of Legionaries: 2739

28 Companies

The 'Dauntless' are the biggest Chapter in the entire Ultramarines legion. The conservative fighting tactics coupled with their steady influx of recruits means that they have well and truly exceeded the minimum number of legionaries for a Chapter.

++23rd Chapter <REDACTED>++

++Chapter Master <REDACTED>++

++Number of Legionaries <REDACTED>++

++[]<REDACTED>++

+<All Records Ordered Deleted By [REDACTED]>+

Up next: Armaturan Academy guard and Legio Lysanda organisation.

Archived