Sevatar - The Prince of Crows

Balthamal

Might want to fix that link.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Sevatar-1-HHC.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Sevatar-5.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Sevatar-bare-head.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Sevatar-7.jpg

I love how he has a 3+ save but heavier armour than Khârn who has a 2+ but half of his armour missing.

I think this is the first option for a bare head that I've actually liked. That chain glaive is awesome too.

I'm liking Sevatar a lot, I'm not sure about his chainglaive though, without the additional spiky bitz it looks a bit weedy. I'm also a fan of the VII Legion Command Squad, though the sword arm of the Champion looks a bit weird to me.

I love the power maul of the standard bearer.

Agreed, it looks ace. Also, the paint-job on the standard he's carrying looks pretty flipping amazing.

I'll pick them up at the Weekender.

Not bad. The bare head isn't anything close to how I imagined him, but it'll do.

Should model that marine at his feet with no head and only the helmet on the ground nearby.

In fairness it's pretty close to his artwork in Massacre. Probably the paint job. Like how they didn't give him red gauntlets

I'm liking Sevatar much more now than the sneek-peek we say a few months ago. Maybe it's the paintjob that's really put the missing piece together and made it great, that's seriously stunning. Not sold on the bare-head though, but the helm is so fitting.

Kinda surprised that they painted up the dead marine to be a White Scar and not a Dark Angel, but the scenic base is really impressive-  especially round the back where you get a cut out section of the deck with tubes and stuff. Great pose on him, love the chainglade, another winner on our hands.

Also a good job on the IF Command Squad. Love the little details live the Eagles heads and Templar crosses on the legs. I'm a bit confused that they put so much detail in the filigree of the champion and then almost ignored it when it came to painting it up - it almost get's lost in the yellow.

Considering this is Thursday, I wonder what they have in store for tomorrow and next week? I'm guessing next week will be Weekender Early Purchase reveals, but tomrrow is the regular release schedule.

I think he actually looks a bit TOO busy... and chunky, probably because of it. Looks like Sevatar needs to go on the P90 Fitness Plan.

Edit: I feel as though I should elaborate. When I look further at the model, it's obvious he's not actually fat... but with all of these different details and features slapped on, all seemingly pulling your attention in a different direction, the model turns into a bit of a blob. From the over-exaggerated Night Lords "icon" on his left pauldron,  to the knife sheath,  to the skull next to it, the Dark Angel broken helm wing, then his Chainglaive (which I actually really like, looks to be lightweight enough for him to use to great effect), the outreached arm with the knife, the weird embellishments on his chest piece that look at though they would actually restrict his pauldron / arm movement, the overlapping plates on his arms,  the batwings on the helm, and finally (and I think the worst), all of the flayed flesh everywhere... there's just way too much. WAAAY too much.

Not that I'm disappointed in the IF release - thats always a good thing - but, I already have a :cuss ton of Consuls/Squad Sergeants. What ever shall I do with them...

Well, for the time being, the one with the sword will be my Sigismund Stand-In, thats for sure, the other...maybe give him the Solarite Power Gauntlet from my 2nd Templar set and slap on an apothecary arm...

Not that I'm disappointed in the IF release - thats always a good thing - but, I already have a :cuss ton of Consuls/Squad Sergeants. What ever shall I do with them...

Well, for the time being, the one with the sword will be my Sigismund Stand-In, thats for sure, the other...maybe give him the Solarite Power Gauntlet from my 2nd Templar set and slap on an apothecary arm...

If you aren't going to use it, I'm sure I could find a use for that mace :P

Oh I'll use it! I might need a Chaplain as a compulsory HQ for when I can't take Big Bro Siggy.

DAMNIT FORGEWORLD WHY DID YOU SCREW ME OVER HARD WITH THE CHANGE TO THE PRIMUS MEDICAE!?!?!?!?

No, I'm not bitter. At all..

ok kinda...

>_>

I like how his head looks like Jango Fett <3 I might just want to get the bare head as a conversion.

I don't like how he has the knife out too and how his chainglaive looks tiny with an attached end on it.

Look at his belt area, theres a little special something for you sons of the 1st...

Archived