How to beat Necrons and Orks with Space Wolves

tylerw

Hey folks,

I have a game Saturday vs either 'Crons or Orks, at 2000 points. I've never played against either army and I'd like some general pointers/input vs both. I'll be playing space wolves. No super-heavies allowed. I plan on the list I posted here if you want to look at it, but I'm more just looking for general suggestions. The map is a MoW.

focus on your mission. make sure that you dont get sucked into sending your best units into a tarpit. if you play against crons and you have lots or armor, keep them away from scarabs. if they are playing the new book, good luck don't know much about it. if you are playing against orks, get the charge off. you dont want them charging into you. try to get to the center of the table as fast as possible.

alpha one unit down at a time if you can. try to leave your assault units two options to shoot at, and shoot them last so that you can see where you need to go with them.

Not sure about crons either, I have limited experience, but against orks it is a lot to do with what kind of list he has.   Your TWC can take most of them, but will get hurt in the process and likely will surprise you with how poorly they do.   IE - a 30 man boyz mob WILL kill them, just through volume of attacks.   Nob bikers will also do a number on you (and if led by a warboss, they will kill you).

What I can recommend is as said : play to the mission.   You arent going to outnumber them, and (depending on the list) you are actually not going to outshoot them either.   Your best bet is to win on the mission and use your units to distract them and stall them.   

Archived