++Daemon Forge I - Sorcerer++

Got the build done, maybe I can get it primed and painted by Sunday.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/montismo/06abf3b0-a47d-4cae-a215-64ad40ba8fcc_zpsma8demmz.jpg

I didn't do a terribly good job with making him a robe out of putty on the torso. I originally was going to give him a hooded head that would have been a lot cooler, but I wasn't feeling my putty skills at all after the torso sculpting went sideways.

I guess I should mention that this is a counts-as Disc of Tzeentch. I would like to eventually have a whole squad of guys on these jetbikes, I guess to be fancy-lookin-at-models until some rules come along I can use. I have a similar Berserkers-on-Juggnernauts project, because hope springs eternal...

Love the Jet Bike can't wait to see it painted up.

As for mine we have Azat-The Fleshshaper

Azat-The Fleshshaper

Azat-The Fleshshaper

First time using GS.  Came out a little thick in the front where I started but was happier as I got a hang of it.  Also to note I tried to get that "glow" effect on his hand and failed.  Maybe on the next guy...

Cool concept, you're already there so why not give the glow effect another try on the model? :)
I'd also try washing the flesh with a subtle pink or purple tone to give it some more life, but he already looks quite gross.

Is there a certain time tomorrow our sorcerer must be done by? I've got mine assembled and started but will likely need to do some more painting tomorrow afternoon to finish him.

With this being the first one, I'm letting it go on until next week 28th February.  I'll get that edit onto the first page.  Just with this being the first one & end of the day to see cool models & give people that time frame to add a model if they've been mean to add one to there collection.

Then after this, they will be between two to three weeks depend what been pick.

Normally I dislike pushed deadlines, however I really do appreciate this.

3 weeks seems to be a good amount of time for a build and paint of a mini.  I have my job and my family so some more time makes it more likely that I can participate and not wear the cone of shame.

Join usssssss biggrin.png

Okay, I bit. I don't have the time to do anything from scratch, but I've been doing some lovely detailing and extra flourishes on the Ahriman I painted for the ETL. He's looking even better than before!

And here are the photos:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/AhrimanFront_zps5rfsyyqc.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/AhrimanBack_zps9pbdrsog.jpg
Few other bits to go and do obviously - some of the finer last bits like the head - but I'm happier now!

That's a hell of a kitbash, Castigator. Lovely colours, too.

I should have mine finished tonight or tomorrow night.

Still to do: bolt pistol casing, text on scroll (who would roll a scroll with the text on the outside?? But then again it looks lonely without any), gem on chest...and finally the two knife blades.

I hereby present Holusiax, former chief librarian of the Stygian Guard, now high sorcerer of the Psychopomps.

The base is temporary. smile.png

gallery_63428_9407_7861.jpggallery_63428_9407_16313.jpggallery_63428_9407_313.jpggallery_63428_9407_8930.jpggallery_63428_9407_24536.jpggallery_63428_9407_23909.jpggallery_63428_9407_79453.jpggallery_63428_9407_38092.jpg

In these pics I can see some tidying up is needed at the top of his right purple arm, where it goes in to the metallic ribbed joint. The kinda thing you never notice on the model itself while painting it!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/147787-lythane/#

Lythane the Black, "Emissary of the Despoiler", "Keeper of the Liber Apocal"

Sorcerer sent by Abaddon to ensure that the tribute and obligations of Lord Carrack to the Black Legion are honored. Lythane is an outsider in the Black Maw warband, a situation enhanced by the slanderous, leacherous, and thieving nature of his horrid little familiar.

Archived