Wishes from the All-Father

BlodVargarna

I wish that Lone Wolves had access to Bikes and Thunderwolf mounts.  Bikes especially.  What says "lone wolf" more than an angsty badass on his chopper with two wolves running after him chasing down mutants, aliens, and heretics on the wastelands of the Grimdark?

What do you guys wish for?

I wish we didn't have to pay the stupid CCW tax on GHs. We already don't get a lot of what standard marines get (no heavy weapons, squad leader as standard or combat squads special rule). And what we do get instead doesn't make up for it in my opinion. Acute senses is only useful in very few circumstances and counterattack. Ok counterattack is good but it's still not equivalent to standard marines.

Also marines in general should be more like the fluff. In the stories you get a a couple marines taking on a carnifex and kicking its ass or a couple squads turning the tide of an entire planetary invasion. So we are talking WS and BS 6, S and T 5, a couple wounds each, I6, A3, Ld 10. And the usual special rules plus night vision, it will not die and fear. Also power armour would be 2++ and TDA would be 2++ and if you failed that you get a 3++ and its immune to plasma fire (because it was originally designed by the mechanicum to be used inside plasma reactors while they where still operational). This would obviously have a hefty points cost, say 500 for 5 marines with a bolter, bolt pistol, CCW and frags and kraks. Then you get the usual options.

If marines where like that they would truly represent the fluff and it would be awesome!

I know why they aren't like that though (GW wouldn't need to sell many marine models then) but I can still wish they where!

I wish that the mead halls were always filled with tales of glory, for our steins to always be filled, and for each and every one of us to leave this life in the most monumental way as befitting all Sons of Russ. 

p.s My wishes for the codex, and or model range are as follows. 

1. New sculpts for all of the old pewter character models. (especially Ragnar)

2. A full and comprehensive FAQ, that settles the rules debates clearly and within the spirit of the codex. (I'm looking at you TW mounts)

3. More formations, and from other Great Companies (Claws of Russ would be a good one) 

I wish the bolter was improved. Make both profiles ap 4, but give HB 4 shots. Its just not relevant in even the modestly competitive scene.

I wish the wolf priest gave a real Feel no Pain roll. 

I wish Grey hunters could at ten models, get the second of the same special weapon for free to compensate for other cost increases, and the native ability of other space marines to "combat squad"

Dreds need another hit point

Let us upgrade to Mastery level 3

Also marines in general should be more like the fluff. In the stories you get a a couple marines taking on a carnifex and kicking its ass or a couple squads turning the tide of an entire planetary invasion. So we are talking WS and BS 6, S and T 5, a couple wounds each, I6, A3, Ld 10. And the usual special rules plus night vision, it will not die and fear. Also power armour would be 2++ and TDA would be 2++ and if you failed that you get a 3++ and its immune to plasma fire (because it was originally designed by the mechanicum to be used inside plasma reactors while they where still operational). This would obviously have a hefty points cost, say 500 for 5 marines with a bolter, bolt pistol, CCW and frags and kraks. Then you get the usual options.

If marines where like that they would truly represent the fluff and it would be awesome!

I know why they aren't like that though (GW wouldn't need to sell many marine models then) but I can still wish they where!

Find Codex Movie Marines on the net and someone willing to play. That fandex makes marines a lot more like the fluff.

I miss the SS/CF Lone Wolf load out, but being able to deepstrike balances that for me.

Thunderwolves where made cheaper, and so was their wargear. No beef there.

The loss of sagas hurt, but the addition of relics and warlord traits balances that for me.

I also would like to chime in on old :cussty models. I am ecstatic about the new Logan, but what about the other elbows on hips models that are in SERIOUS need of new casts. This is happening across the entire 40K line.

End of Line

Shield maidens, mead and to die such a glorious death as-to earn my place is Valhalla.

But in all seriousness - or as serious as wishlisting can be when a new codex isn't even remotely on the horizon, my only real gripes with the new codex are Logan and the loss of the Grey Hunter CQC capabilities (MoW, old WS), so my wishes would be a Logan than isn't only a mediocre beatstick and something to distinguish grey hunters and make them more than an arguably-less-effective tactical squad. Yes, 2pts ppm for +1A is a bargain but codex: space marines can still do it cheaper (shark chapter, 1ppm). That said, as a thread so recently suggested, making Bjorn the LoW instead of Logan and making him worthy of such a placement would've been hype.

Archived