Cadian 102nd Mechanised 6th company W.i.p. and Background

Rammael

After being a long term dark angel player and spending a lot of time hovering round the AM forum getting ideas for my collection I thought I would open a post to show my fellow commanders what I have been working on but first some back ground to my force.

The 102nd were sent to the hostile desert planet of Karanthia alongside an expeditionary force from the Dark Angels 4th company. The surface of Karanthia is bare desert of red sands, very little grows and constant sand storms rage making living conditions near impossible. Two imperial settlements remain around the planets to main star ports Karant and Titor. Here the in habitants faced a constant battle against the elements and the Xenos pirates that raided.

The 102nd were assigned to protect the starports and train the PDF to continue there fight. Of the regiments 8 companies 6 had made the trip to Karanthia 5 of which were assigned to the bigger of the 2 ports at Karant. The 6th company under the command of Captain Horatio Lattimer were sent to Titor to prepare for Garrison duty. Over the following months Lattimer would realise how tough his assignment was as he prepared his company for a long and gruelling campaign.

Just a little back ground to Captain Lattimer and our adventure.

Pictures to follow.....

Nice background and I am looking forward to your take on desert IG. ;)

Looks like another brother from The Rock (and 4th Company too) has begun to dabble in the IG :)

Now the photos...

They will be in red fatigues to camoflage them against the red sands of the planet. All the troops will have the forgeworld heads with respirators. All infantry will be grenadiers as it is a mech company and will be kitbashed from a few kits to make them individual. Just ordered two lots of the heads from forgeworld so will soon have them to show you guys.

• 4 weeks later...

When you look at the photo on photobucket, on the right hand side of the screen are some text boxes. I think one of them is titled img. When you put the mouse cursor over it it allows you to copy the link then simply paste this link into your post.

Should work...

Edit... Beaten to it.

I use Photobucket, DeviantArt and the BnCS gallery.

All have good and bad points but the basic idea of inserting images is the same.

Archived