Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

---- February ----

Welcome back to February's Casual 30K hobby challenge. We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Last month over 147 models were painted in the challenge - a huge achievement by everyone. I don't usually like February, but that kind of effoert is getting me excited about the month to come!

To join in, you make a hobby pledge for the month, and this contibutes to either the Loyalist or Traitor cause. There are two competitions:

1. Pledges - Loyalists and Traitors compete on completed pledges over the month. The more completed pledges the more points you win. You can make a second pledge only once the first is complete, and in doing so you risk your first pledge. That's right - pledges are all or nothing - complete your vows or live in shame.

2. Scores - Every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scroes are as follows -

Scores

Infantry - 1 point;

Large Infantry (termies, bikes, rapiers without crew etc.) - 2 points;

Monstrous infantry - 3 points;

Vehicles - 6 points;

Lord of War (including Primarchs)- 10 points.

Titans - 15 for Warhounds, 20 for Reavers

At the end of the month I'll tally up the points and pledges to see who wins.

I'll try to post regular updates, so we know the teams, and how things are shaping up. The last couple of months were really successful, so I'd encourage you all to check out some of the completions in our old threads. I'll add a post-mortem to January's thread in a day or two, and we'll see if the Loyalists extend their lead, or the traitors are catching up.

Finally - we've been a little low of Traitor numbers lately. There are some great performers in the traitor team (credit to Brother Vidius and Gizur in particular) but evening out team numbers would be good this month. So if you are painting a traitor legion, why not throw your hat into the ring?

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus, let see some pledges!

I Kor'Vesh, being of sound mind and body, pledge to paint one legion apothecary, two rapier crew members and a Sicaran battle tank
in the month of February, for the glory of the XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders.

I'm actually already doubting myself about finishing this lot, as I'm super busy this month! Still I will give it my all, and hopefully finish my Sicaran before Reyner!

I OwlandMoonGuy, being somewhere between "certifiable" and the potential need of institutionalization (and can we please just leave my body out of this? Thanks.),

pledge to paint 10 Medusan Immortals w/Volkite Chargers devil.gif

in the month of February, reserving the right forthwith to expand upon said vow, real life permitting,

for the glory of the (Iron) Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands.

As stated in the January thread I have a lot of directions I could go with multiple drivers pushing that direction. We'll see how it goes but I'm overdue to paint up Ferrus Manus and if I do, he needs a ride which pushes painting the Spartan and he needs a retinue which pushes painting up 10 Gogons, etc. etc. etc.

Did I mention that I'm considering a Questoris Knight army? Anyway, I digress. Cheers again to K'V for running this - here! here!

I, Raktra, am extremely handsome. And I have nice hair.

All right, let's paint some muddafuggin tanks. I've got me a Whirlwind Scorpius and a Rhino that need some love, as well as Castrmen Orth's in-tank model. So there's my starting point, let's see what I do.

I suppose I of all people should pledge now that I have ordered the models haha.

Too right, you started this casual hobby goodness, it would be great to see your new army grow!

We always enjoying seeing your fullsome mane Raktra. Will you be providing beauty tips along with painting progress this month? :D

Oooooh, if that becomes part of this vow I'm in trouble.blink.png

I, OMG, being nothing much to look at and haven't had hair since, mellow.png well since, well since a long time gone now...

I, Skalpynock, of weak will to stay on the same project for more than three weeks, pledge a single Astartes for the most loyal II Legion - Dawn Bearers, and another for the traitorous XI - Storm Legion.

Starting with humility, might add a Rhino if I chose which of my three legions to paint it as.

I am Khârn the Bloody, he-who-should-be-studying, the undefeated procrastinator of Bedroom IV!

Hear my pledge ye mortals and despair!

I swear to try paint 15 Traitor World Eaters Tactical Marines and 5 Red Butchers this month!

...Did I do this right? :P

I, Slipstreams, of oft-repeated procrastinator tendencies and of an as-of-yet unboken oaths, do pledge something for the 17th legion as well as a Spartan, Land Raider Phobos and Land Raider Achilles for thr VIIth Legion!

The word bearer will be hard I :cuss ing hate them and find nothing of merit to them apart from their paint scheme. Theyre the only legion I will outright refuse to build and/or play wether it be 30k or 40k.

I, Leoric, the one who was nearly lost at the Gates of January, pledge to continue with my work on the Iron Hands. Therefore I will paint another five Iron Hands legionary to support the cause of my loyalist brothers.

Playing again with limited support, but I have to hold on, as reinforcements are delayed until April-May.

I, zedmeister the foolish, who has so far failed two of these challenges and is on a course for damnation, vow to at least finish his original challenge!

That's these 5 White Scars and 15 Alpha Legion.

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/AL-WS-Pledge-310115.jpg

If, by some miracle, I do it, I may yet be able to start on another, much smaller batch...

I kurama who should know that he changed his name will pledge 5 assault marines (bitz permitting) a legion falchion and a siciran and will add to this pledge fairly quickly this month if all goes to plan (hopefully a aus post turns my :cuss up on time)

I, Slipstreams, of oft-repeated procrastinator tendencies and of an as-of-yet unboken oaths, do pledge something for the 17th legion as well as a Spartan, Land Raider Phobos and Land Raider Achilles for thr VIIth Legion!

The word bearer will be hard I :cuss ing hate them and find nothing of merit to them apart from their paint scheme. Theyre the only legion I will outright refuse to build and/or play wether it be 30k or 40k.

I had a really good idea for the Word Bearer that I won't be able to pull off, unfortunately :( I was thinking of making a half and half marine, one half in the grey, and one half in the red with demonic possession, showing a character before and after they fell to chaos. But I can't sculpt for toffee so doing the possession will be hard.

The word bearer will be hard I censored.gif ing hate them and find nothing of merit to them apart from their paint scheme. Theyre the only legion I will outright refuse to build and/or play wether it be 30k or 40k.

I had a really good idea for the Word Bearer that I won't be able to pull off, unfortunately sad.png I was thinking of making a half and half marine, one half in the grey, and one half in the red with demonic possession, showing a character before and after they fell to chaos. But I can't sculpt for toffee so doing the possession will be hard.

Do you have Plastic CSM Arms/Legs? You could just chop a set of legs in half and Frankenstein them together and just glue on the Arm/Shoulder Ez-Pz. The chest, helm, and backpack will take a bit more work, I admit.

Would make for a very cool concept though! I'll probably end up using my Chaplain Dreadnought from FW and painting him red or whatever.

I had a really good idea for the Word Bearer that I won't be able to pull off, unfortunately :( I was thinking of making a half and half marine, one half in the grey, and one half in the red with demonic possession, showing a character before and after they fell to chaos. But I can't sculpt for toffee so doing the possession will be hard.

Do you have Plastic CSM Arms/Legs? You could just chop a set of legs in half and Frankenstein them together and just glue on the Arm/Shoulder Ez-Pz. The chest, helm, and backpack will take a bit more work, I admit.

Would make for a very cool concept though! I'll probably end up using my Chaplain Dreadnought from FW and painting him red or whatever.

I have the DV Chosen, I might be able to work something out. We'll see.

I suppose I of all people should pledge now that I have ordered the models haha.

Too right, you started this casual hobby goodness, it would be great to see your new army grow! 

HELL YEAH IT WOULD. 

So here is my Pledge. I Pledge to Paint up 10 Tactical Marines + Rhino. MK3 Command Squad. And my Deredeo. 

I have plenty more to keep me going if My Painting flow takes off!

Archived