Fangbangers of Fenris: vanquish 2015

Fangbanger

My list was already entered so I will be running my current one which is as follows:

+++ Vanquish (1750pts) +++

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (The Wolves Unleashed Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Harald Deathwolf, Lord of the Wolfkin [Warlord]

+ Elites +

Dreadnought [Dreadnought, Multi-Melta, Power Fist w/ Heavy Flamer]

Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

Murderfang, the Curseborn

Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters

Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

10x Grey Hunter [10x Bolt Pistol, 10x Bolter, 2x Meltagun]

+ Fast Attack +

Fenrisian Wolves [5x Fenrisian Wolf]

Stormwolf [2x Twin-linked Multi-Meltas]

Thunderwolf Cavalry

Thunderwolf Cavalry [storm Shield]

Thunderwolf Cavalry [Pair of Wolf Claws]

Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader [Power Fist, Storm Shield]

+ Heavy Support +

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank (FW) [2x Lascannons, Armoured Ceramite, Relic of the Armoury]

Legacies of Glory, Tank (FW) [LoG: Battle of Sarosh]

++ Space Wolves: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) ++

+ Formation +

"Wolf Guard Void Claws"

Wolf Guard Terminators [WG Terminator Leader w/ Pair of Wolf Claws, 4x WG Terminator w/ Pair of Wolf Claws]

--------------------------

I'm just going for fun and to get some games in so not too worried about being over competitive!

Cool beans!

I take it the Void Claws are deep striking, can they use the pods to avoid scattering?

I hope you do have fun :) and use the pods as cover so the dreads do not get massacred ;)

Ah I thought the void claws came in after the drop pods and if within a certain distance of the pod they didnt scatter.

If thats the case drop the pod first thing turn 1 then void claws directly after so they do not scatter and still get bonus's for everything else.

I lose far more often than I win lol, so tactics are definitelynot my strong suit and there are getting to be too many rules to remeber... Look forward to the bat-reps though

Shield Bros are expensive, but I have heard lots of good things about them.

So finally the void claws are done!

http://i.imgur.com/rUIhFcn.jpg

A little rushed but good enough for the tourney tomorrow. Looking forward to getting some games in and seeing what this lot can do. Will aim to get some army shots tomorrow hopefully!

So, finally I have got round to chatting about vanquish 2015!

Firstly I wanna say how great this even is. The people, the organisation and the terrain are all above par and as a first tournament, exceptional.

I ended up placing 47th I think after being crushed by blood angles in game 1 and grey Knights game 3, crushing tyranids in game 2 and mechanicum game 5 with a draw in game 4 against a fellow wolf army.

Highlights for me definatley my sicaran destroying a forgeworld knight in my turn one against the ad mech, that thing with tank hunter is insane! Low points, my whole twc and Harald running off the board turn 1 against Dante and co!

I have a few snaps here http://imgur.com/a/tTEQk

Also, if any one wants more info on the vanguard and future events, the forum is here

http://www.bristolvanguardforum.co.uk/index.php?sid=eee828ab6012ca19e30c57438f2387fc

In other news, moving forward to 2000pts, I have a tweaked list and some new models.....watch this space....!

If I could be so bold as to make a suggestion: I think you need to mix the snow effect you used on the Sicaran treads with some water effects for a more slushy, wet snow.  As is, you have a powder effect (which is nice, don't get me wrong) that looks like the tank has been idling in one spot for too long.   The sicaran is very much a predatory animal, always on the prowl.  If it's got that level of powder accumulation on the treads, it's because it got immobilized. 

Yeah I appreciate what you are saying however I tried a slush approach to start with (if you check earlier pics) and It didn't turn out right so I stripped it back to this and it looks more realistic. Also the powder was just sprinkled on for the shot and isn't stuck onto the tank so there is actually less on it in the flesh.

If I was to do it again, I might do it differently but I have already had to go over the tracks once and will not be doing it again!

The standard of painting at Vanquish was awesome, some really great looking stuff (and your army is no exeption).

Unfortunatly, the first two armies I played against had units that were either completely unpainted or just based.

That was a bit dissapointing considering the time players like you and I spent getting our guys looking as good as we could.  

Archived