appiah4's Blood Angels

appiah4

EDIT: Seeing as everyone and their grandparents have a painting blog post, I decided this would be mine. The post's subject has been updated accordingly. Thanks for looking :smile.:

Took a break from painting my Dark Vengeance bikes (coming soon..) and finally got around to basing this figure, so I took some photos.. Cross posting from Hall of Fame (where not much damn was given :smile.: ) for your C&C.

gallery_60983_8363_152448.jpg

gallery_60983_8363_19835.jpg

gallery_60983_8363_31646.jpg

Edited by appiah4

Do you use some kind of sealant spray at the end? The red is bright and had a slight shimmer it seems. Really good painted detail on that mini.

No varnish whatsoever at this point; the shine is due to non-diffused direct lighting; I'm not enjoying a great photo setting at the moment; As I acquire more light sources and a tripod, I will probably eventually retake shots of this model, as the pictures do it little justice.

Anyways, here's a Biker test model I finished. Two more will follow soon.

gallery_60983_8363_146415.jpg

gallery_60983_8363_38483.jpg

Edited by appiah5

I never normally like bikes apart from scout (and FW) varieties, but this one is cool. Nice use use of the mini, the angel wings on the faring work really well. It also looks much better in these colours than it would in the heraldry of the treacherous 1st. ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Really nice solid white on that medic dude!

Thanks, though in hindsight it could have been a lot smoother.  I didn't sand the pewter model (big mistake), went for a cool white first and failed so that accounts for some extra layers that could have been avoided, and ultimately I suffered from using craft paints - those coarse pigments really make hiding brush strokes difficult in white..  Glad you think it's ok though, I'm not 100% proud of it myself..  I like the bikers more :)

As a fellow painter who loves pewter miniatures and craft paint - you only see that "bumpy" thing when you're looking at it at 10x the size. When you're playing games or it sits on the shelf, it's great! I know not everyone is as "practical" as I am, but metal is hard to do without resurfacing the model like you're talking about.

Yep, nabbed on eBay for next to nothing, stripped their smurf colors and now they already have one coat of red down..  Once the second coat and the blacks go on I'll have another WIP shot of them.  And yes, I also think they are fantastic models for being simple snap fits.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so the Bike Squad Sergeant is finally done (I may go back and do some minor touchups once I get to basing it I guess..) and I'm really proud of him.

gallery_60983_8363_213401.jpg

gallery_60983_8363_62372.jpg

And here's the squad altogether:

gallery_60983_8363_53278.jpg

A shame that I couldn't get them entered into the ETL but it is what it is.. Now I can go back to working on my ETL vow.

Edited by appiah5