appiah4's Blood Angels

appiah4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Started on a test model for my Deathwatch allies.. Man, is painting black easy or what.. Anyway, much progress on this Angry Marines model, should finish it this weekend.

gallery_60983_8363_88367.jpg

I'll then start painting Squad Donatus in parallel with my BA Devastators (FRT viw) and some tactical marines, who I guess deserve a WIP shot of themselves:

gallery_60983_8363_498670.jpg

Edited by appiah5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very neat conversion! That's a pilot head if I'm not mistaken? And the Servo arm is from the missile launcher loader arm, right?

The head is from some Deathwing kit, I forgot which though; the bacpack is modified from an AoBR Missile Launcher backpack indeed. Body is FW heresy era jump troop, Mk2 I think? Arms are Death Company bitz.

Edited by appiah5

Very neat conversion! That's a pilot head if I'm not mistaken? And the Servo arm is from the missile launcher loader arm, right?

The head is from some Deathwing kit, I forgot which though; the bacpack is modified from an AoBR Missile Launcher backpack indeed. Body is FW heresy era jump troop, Mk2 I think? Arms are Death Company bitz.

Techmarine head from the Ravenwing command upgrade kit, I believe. I have one on stand by for a techmarine conversion also. 

That's a really nice, deep red. He doesnt immediately stand out as a techmarine for me though - the red is sufficiently different to the vibrant red of the rest of the army?

• 9 months later...

Back to painting some red, and here are what I am currently working on..

gallery_60983_8363_114035.jpg

That classic vert serge with the axe and shiels looks ace. He always looked weird with a pistol, but it seems he was made to hold a shield!

Edited by Xenith

• 1 month later...

Still working on my Devastators. The red on the armor is done.

gallery_60983_8363_247936.jpg

It's not really my best painting but I'm at a "can't give a :cuss" point because I have to finish them with FolkArt craft paints which I had started them with, and I can't stand them anymore. Seriously, :censored: craft paints. No idea how I endured painting with them for 15 years, these are the last figures I will paint with FolkArt crap. VMC all the way from now on.

Edited by appiah5