The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

ß----- ADAPTUS ADMINISTRATUM-----à

PASSWORD --- PASSWORD123

//PULL FILE

..SEARCH..// REDEEMERS...

[bEGIN/]

THE REDEEMERS ARE A LOYALIST SPACE MARINE CHAPTER, SUCCESOR TO THE BLOOD ANGELS CHAPTER.

THERE IS LITTLE TO NOTHING ON RECORD TO DOCUMENT THIS OBSCURE CHAPTER.

[CHAPTER APPERANCE]

PRIMARY COLOURING IS THEMED DARK RED, TYPICAL OF BLOOD ANGEL SUCCESSORS. BLACK BANDING ON SHOULDER PLATES. PURPLE JEWELS ARE COMMON ON TACTICAL MARINES.

TACTICAL MARINES RETAINING RED HELMETS. ASSAULT MARINES ARE IDENTIFIED BY YELLOW, WHILST  VETRANS SPORT GOLDEN HELMETS. CONFIRMED SIGHTINGS SUGGEST BLUE HELMETS MAY BE USED TO DENOTE ALL HEAVY WEAPON SPECIALIEST, NOT JUST DEVISTATOR SQUADS.

SARGEANTS SPORT MORE ELABORATE SHOULDERPADS BUT DO NOT TAKE HELMETS.

PURITY SEALS ARE WAXED IN GREEN CHAPTER-WIDE.

[CHAPTER BADGE]

BLACK CROSSES ARE COMMON ACROSS ALL RANKS, AS ARE GOLD CHALICES AND BOTH RED AND YELLOW BLOOD DROPS. 

[WARCRY]

UNKOWN

[FOUNDING HISTORY]

Brother Corbulo is respo /// [REDACTED] /// search for a permanent cure for the dreaded thirst.

[CHAPTER MASTER]

**ERroR** -__--//  CPtN. ReD fOx

[sUCCESSOR]

BLOOD ANGEL

[PRIMARCH]

SANGUINIUS

[HOMEWORLD]

THE DOMAIN (?)

[Allegiance]

**ErROr** -__--//Oh, defiNitEly loyal tO the ImPEriuM of MAn. -.-_.-///  

[/closefile]

Maru here, working on building up my Blood Angels chapter from the ground up.

I've got a substantial collection, mostly unpainted and I've been meaning to get it all together, paint it all up thematically and come up with some substantial, albeit very silly Fluff.

I play with a group of friends quite regularly and we enjoy playing themed gamed and talking about our armies’ backgrounds. 

With a few tournaments under my belt (never doing particularly well but always having fun) I've learnt a fact about myself: I need a reason to get my models painted. Nothing gets my paint box open faster than knowing I have a tournament on the horizon, but with none on my calendar at the moment I thought a WIP thread might be just the ticket.

So here it is: my thread that (I hope) will be brimming with WIP, painted units, background fluff and character bios.

Please be aware that although I aim to make my armies’ fluff an enjoyable read, it won’t necessarily be 100% in line with the canon and may have a tendency of getting a little silly (see original post).

First up a Bio, a bit of fluff and some WIP shots of my Chapter Master Chief Librarian ( ;) ) Black Maru.

ß----- ADAPTUS ADMINISTRATUM-----à

PASSWORD --- PASSWORD123

[OPEN MSN MESSENGER V60098.3}

OBUMCHIN: Herm, I must speak with you.

GKsr00l HAS JOINED THE CONVERSATION.

GKsr00l: What is it Oscar? I’m very busy.

OBUMCHIN: I have reason to believe someone has been messing with our records again.  

GKsr00l: Just because I’m a Librarian, doesn’t mean I give a flying feth about your book keeping Oscar.

OBUMCHIN: yes yes, very clever.

GKsr00l: Lol

OBUMCHIN: Look I’m not one to make a fuss, it’s just... I’m obligated to let the inquisition know if anyone tampers with our files. For the Emperor’s sake, it’s my job.

GKsr00l:  Look, are you accusing me of something here Oscar?

OBUMCHIN: well, no... not accusing. I just don’t want to be on Inquisitor Pattan’s bad side.

GKsr00l: Well, you’re getting on my bad side. Who are you more worried about pissing off, me and my Knights, or one psycho with a persecution complex?

OBUMCHIN: I really have no answer to that. Please clear your records after this conversation ends, even you aren’t safe if he finds out you said that.

GKsr00l: I am one of the pure, the unfallen. I am beyond accusation. You are an anally retentive monk with a big rubber stamp. That is why you are going to stop pushing this, and that is why you are not going to say anything about Maru’s file.

OBUMCHIN: I never mentioned Black Maru.

GKsr00l HAS LEFT THE CONVERSATION.

OBUMCHIN: Dick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M4dM4ru: Herm?

GKsr00l: Maru, are you free to talk?

M4dM4ru: can it wait? I’m covered in about 3 different Dark Eldar bodily fluids and I really need a shower.

GKsr00l: Been fighting xeno scum? It’s not like you to be so... proactive.

M4dM4ru: Uh, fighting... right.

GKsr00l: This is the kind of dreck I need to talk to you about. I’ve literally put my head on the line to cover your back, and you’re not even making the slightest effort. Fornicating with Alien Scum!

M4dM4ru: I was just messing with you brother, if you must know I led a mighty charge with Red Fox’s boys against a coven of Homunculi. A successful charge might I add.

GKsr00l: Look, the Administratum have been on my case again, I can’t keep covering for you. Get yourself sorted or both our heads are going to be on the sharp end of Pattan’s bloody sword.

M4dm4ru: I’m doing my best. Corbulo is completely unreasonable.

GKsr00l: I would say he was more than fair. This is the last time I edit your files, Maru, I don’t owe you squat anymore.

M4dm4ru: Is that right Hermione?

M4dM4ru: Dick.

The Redeemers are a successor Chapter of the Blood Angels, although they are a chapter in a very loose sense.

Due to the way Black Maru (who we will discuss in further detail shortly) chooses to organise the Marines under his commend, The Redeemers are only considered a chapter for the sake of record keeping at the Adaptus Administratum. Internally referred to as an Order rather than a Chapter, The Redeemers are almost unheard of, partly due to the secrecy of their mission, but primarily because they have never done anything especially noteworthy or noble.

The Order is unofficially led by an egocentric psycher by the name of Black Maru who has been forcibly “coerced” by some of the higher ranking Sanguinary Priests to hunt for a cure to end the cursed flaw in the Blood Angels gene-seed. Whilst a capable strategist and formidable warrior, Maru is constantly fighting an internal battle; torn between his love of bossing people around and his love of doing as little as possible. It’s widely agreed that if Maru spent less time avoiding his responsibilities, and more time actively seeking a cure, he could very well have completed his task and be free of Corbulo’s scornful watch. On the official records, the “Chapter” is led by Captain Red Fox, a senile warrior who periodically falls to the Black Rage, but due to his short term amnesia forgets the symptoms and returns to sanity after a varying amount of time. (Maru has considered marketing this “cure” but the Sanguinary Priests have pointed out that Tactical Marines who forget what they are doing half way through a battle are more dangerous than the Flaw itself.)

Below is my First Librarian model who will represent Black Maru on the battlefield.

He is kitbashed from a Dark Vengance Librarian, with a SG jump pack and a Space Wolf Power Axe.

I painted him a little over a year ago, and I'd like to think I've gained some skill since then. Although I apreciate he's not painted to a great standard, I probaly wont re-paint him anytime soon.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/ca82d844-ac60-4af3-b692-03ded0aad4b4_zps0c8d3485.jpg

And now to my current project: Terminator Maru.

Using the totally bad ass looking new Blood Angel Librarian model, this guy will be representing (the rare occasion) when I will run Maru in TDA. Its very early in the painting stage, but I'll try to paint him a little more every night and post the result on here when he is finished.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/1b7dabed-555c-4000-8153-52a4379478aa_zps250f3942.jpg

Thats all for tonight, any and all feedback is gratfully receved.

Thanks guys.
No major update, just a few more touches on the Terminator Libby, gravelled the base and started the power axe.
Sorry for the rubbish quality, I've not got my lights set up.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/f2d87536-56e5-4855-b6ae-fd0481bc1e83_zps6d3d097d.jpg

Quick update, got a little more painting on the Terminator Librarian done, but he's still not finished so no pictures yet.

Coming up with the name of my "chapter" was quite serendipitous; I was thinking that I wanted to reflect Maru's mission and the ethos of the whole Order and I couldn't settle on a name I liked. "Melancholy Angels", " Weeping Scars" or "Crimson Cure", but they were all either too silly or too serious. Then I thought about what was specificly interesting about Black Maru's anti-hero position. He's not really interested in helping people, but for reasons we'll get into later he's being forced into a quest that's way beyond anything he could actually accomplish. He's got no option but to help find a cure for the Black Rage or suffer the wrath of the Inquisition. So I focused on the word Redemption. A quick google search and I find there is actually a Space Marine Chapter called The Redeemers but when I tried to find more info on them, there was almost nothing official about them at all. It was almost like someone had gone into the Chapters files and removed any details that someone might use to track them down. So I took the name and created the goofy little data-files you see above to tie it all together. It also helps that the "The Redeemers" or "The Order of Redemption" sounds totally bad ass. as I was typing this I realised that I should invest in a Fortress of Redemption.

Finally, I've Been thinking about some fluff for my next HQ character, the unwary patsy of Maru's operation, Terminator Captain Red Fox. He's practically finished from a painting standpoint and I'm using the bafflingly unpopular Captain Karlean model from the Deathstorm kit, who I think looks cool, but seems to have a pretty bad rep here on the BA sub-forum.

I'll try and get the full character bio up tomorrow, and hopefully some finished pics of TDA Maru to boot.

Night all.

Captain Karlien Red Fox is complete!

Red Fox is an ancient Blood Angels warrior and an old friend of Maru's. Over a hundred years ago, Red Fox led a glorious crusade against a tendril of Hive Fleet Bandersnatch, a Tyranid Swarm which had been devouring the bland and uninteresting planets of Beige IV. Sadly, shortly after receiving a medal for his bravery, he was involved in an accident involving Mephiston, a bottle of coconut skin cream and a poorly serviced Land Speeder. Because of the blows to the head he received, Red Fox suffers from bouts of short term amnesia. Feeling he was no longer fit for duty, Dante moved Red Fox into an early retirement.

As the years went by, Red Fox became depressed and threw himself into a compulsive routine of Protein Shakes and Jane Fonda workout videos, determined to buff himself up and prove he was still a useful vessel for the Emperor's wrath. One afternoon, whilst in the shower after a particularly intensive workout at the gym, his body aching and his mind troubled, Red Fox succumbed to the dreaded Black Rage. It was 4 hours into his naked rampage that a crack team of Militarum Tespestus finally managed to sedate him and put him in a stasis chamber.

A call went out to Asteroth the Grim and within the week the stasis chamber was being prepared to unfreeze its frothing prisoner. Much to everyone surprise, when Red Fox stepped out from the chamber he seemed completely rational and sound of mind. It transpired that Red Fox had suffered from another one of his periodical bouts of short term amnesia and had completely forgotten the effects of the Black Rage. Asteroth, unimpressed by his time being wasted and his unreimbursable travel expenses, promptly packed his axe in his suitcase and left. 

Since then, Red Fox has had several relapses, falling into uncontrollable rages and wreaking havoc to anyone that gets in his way, only to wake up several days later having no memory of what had transpired. Because he has been deemed completely unstable and unfit to duty, Red Fox has been shunned from all official chapters and sub-chapters of the Adaptus Astartes. Maru however has welcomed Red Fox into the Order of Redemption to play the part of the "chapter's" Captain for the sake of the Imperial records. The Order (as Maru is more than willing to admit) is already made up of oddballs, outcasts, who better to play the figure-head than a senile warrior prone to psychotic breakdowns?

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/DSC_0003_zps7ccc41fd.jpg

Nearly finished my next HQ choice, Chaplain Charlie and his Death Company "The Screaming Death".

Hopefully I'll get some pictures and a bit of fluff posted tonight (as long as I don't get too distracted by the release of Evolve).

Sure thing (and thanks for the compliment :) ). I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow night after work. I've pretty much finished my Chaplain too, so pics and fluff for him to follow as well.

I've just finished a game against my buddy using the lists we hope to take to Bristol Vanguard Tournament.

I played My Redeemers and an Imperial Knight and he took White Skars with Grey Knight allies.

It was a great game (we don't normally play competitive lists) and he won 14-10. (Although now I think about it I didn't count my Linebreaking Dread, not that one point would have made any difference.)

If the game had gone on another turn I might have won, he only had a half dead Dreadknight left, whereas more than half of my army was still standing. Oh well, the important thing is I learnt some important lessons.

I'm unsure about taking a Land Raider to transport my Assault Terms, I'm thinking about swapping it out for a second squad of regular Terms. For the price difference I can take a second squad of Terms with an assault and add Homing beacons onto all three drop pods for a safe deepstrike.

Have any of you guys had any luck using Land Raiders?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry its been so long since my last update.

My group has finally made the leap to 5edition Dungeons and dragons and I've been Dm'ing the new starter set.

But enough distractions and back to the Redeemers.

I've got a game tonight against an old friend and long-time Ork player. As I've mentioned before, we usually play themed / fluffy games, shying away from the more competitive lists, but tonight I'm practising a tournament list. My opponent is going to build a suitably tough list (or at least as tough as an Ork list can be) to help me practise. I'm expecting him to take plenty of MegaNobs, probably using the Bullyboy formation. He also like Lootas and trukks full of Flama boyz.

I'll try and take some pictures and maybe to a little batrep if I get the chance.

Aside from my upcoming game, I've been working on getting some of my troop choices finished, so I've painted up a bunch of scouts (pics to come when I get home) and I've made a start on my two Tac Squads.

I think I might post a step by step on my red-power armour.

Oh, and I promised Charlo a close up of the Captains Thunderhammer. Busy, busy busy. :)

I love your style of fluff. My writing style is serious to a fault, despite a childhood spent reading Pratchett and Douglas Adams. I've always held this type of comic writing a little in awe and, for what it's worth, this is the most engaging and enjoyable fluff I've ever read for an army. Definitely want more of it!

So far as the models are going, unfortunately I'm only seeing your thread on a teeny phone screen, so viewing resolution is awful. However, you've got more painted than me, so good going and keep it up!

:D

Will have a proper look at photos presently!

Thanks brother. :)

Things didn’t go according to plan last night as the Ork player had to drop out at the last minute.

I ended up playing a smaller, friendly match against a Grey Knights player in the end.

We only played on a small board (4ftx3.5ft) which isn’t ideal at 1,250 points, but we made do with what we had and rolled up for a Purge the Alien match with Hammer and Anvil deployment. 

My list was something like this:

Priest - Jump pack, Valour’s edge, Grav pistol.

Libby Dreadnaught - ML2 (Pyromancy for the lulz)

8x Death company - 2 fists, the rest pistols & swords.

10x sniper scouts

10x cc scouts

10x assault marines - 2 melta

3x bikes - 2 grav guns

1x Landspeeder - Multimelta

Pred - Autocannon & HB sponsons.

GK list (not too familiar with them, but it was something like):

Librarian - ML3

5x Terminators - all double swords and 1 Psycannon

5x Strike Squad - all staves and one incinerator - Lascannon Razorback

5x Paladins - mixed cc and 1 Psylencer

1x Dreadknight - Gattling Psylencer and heavy psycannon, teleport thingy.

Turn one saw some horrible rolling on my part, and my entire assault squad got wiped out (even with the priest FNP). No casualties delivered to the Grey Knights.

By turn 2 The Dreadknight fell to massed grav from the Bikes and a meltashot from the Land Speeder. I was determined to kill the Knight as soon as possible after it wiped out my entire Assault Squad. My 10 man Sniper Squad took a wound off of one of the Paladins.

In return the Paladin squad shot down 2 of the Scouts and the Terms/Librarian killed 4 of my 8 Death company.

The Razorback struck a penetrating hit on my Libby Dread and blew his Melta/Fist arm off.

Fortunately my opponent grossly underestimated the power of C/C Scouts who chewed through the whole Strike Squad.

Turn 3 saw my Priest join the DC unit. My Sniper Scouts soaked up overwatch by charging the Paladins first, then the DC charged in to help them. I lost one Scout and all but 1 powerfist DC and the Priest, but managed to wipe out the entire Paladin squad in one round. Powerfist DC and Valour's Edge Priest is an awesome anti-term unit. My Auto-cannon Pred shot a whole bunch of penetrating hits onto the side of his Razorback and blew it up.

His remaining Terminators killed the Bikesquad, but surrounded by an Auto-pred, Melta-Landspeeder, 8 C/C Scouts, 7 Snipers and a very pumped up Death Company survivor, He was happy to call the game there.

I really enjoyed this game, and (as always) I took away some important lessons.

I've never used jump pack assault marines before and honestly I probably wont be in a rush to use them again, I think I'll stick to the tried and tested Meltacide in a pod loadout instead.

On the other hand, this was my first time using the Priest with Valours Edge and I was very impressed. Combined with the BSF rules for getting +1 init and the BA rules for getting +1 Str on the charge make this weapon and absolute monster. Will definitely take him again, but without a jump pack assault squad, I'm not sure where to put him. Seems a waste of the FNP rule to put him with a DC squad.

I usually take 7 man DC squad (force of habit from taking 7 man Plague Marine Squads with my old Chaos army) with only 1 powerfist, but after running 2 of them in a squad I think this will be something I stick with. 10 x Str9 ap 2 hits on the charge is enough to ruin anyone’s day.

Finally, regarding the Dead Librarian, I probably wouldn’t take him without a delivery system again. A Drop Pod or Storm Raven would make him way more useful. I must admit, I did like taking Pyromancy. I didn’t manage to get any spells off, but that was mostly down to my opponent having millions of denial dice. Against a different opponent I can see the powers being pretty useful.

Well, that was my game, I hope you enjoyed my little run down.

Any thoughts / ideas? What would you have done differently? Do you have any Anti-GK tips I could use for future battles?

Thanks for reading, Hopfuly more pics / WIPS to follow this weekend.

Chaplain Charlie.

Like many of Black Maru’s chosen senior members, the statuesque Chaplain known only as “Charlie” has long and chequered past working for the Astartes. Originally indoctrinated into the Flesh Tearers, Charlie was ex-communicated for being too rational and sound of mind. Whilst his Blood Brothers could whip themselves into a savage fury, laying waste to their enemies in the name of the God Emperor, Chaplain Charlie often found himself preoccupied by handing out leaflets, explaining in plain English why the Emperor was the Heretic’s only option for salvation.

It’s not that Charlie lacked the righteous zeal of his Battle Brothers, but his passion was more focused on giving thought provoking lectures to heretics, rather than immediately resorting to cutting their heads off. In short, Charlie was an embarrassment to the Flesh Tearers and their Chapter Master, Gabriel Seth was eager to blot any record of him from their otherwise fearsome reputation.  

Meanwhile, Black Maru was dealing with a problem of his own. Brother Corbulo, Keeper of the Holiest Grail, had transferred an unprecedented amount of Death Company Marines to Maru’s ever growing legions. The Administorum was visiting Baal on a routine check to ensure everything was in order, so Corbulo was eager to remove any trace of the homicidal lunatics in his charge. As such, all of the Black-clad fallen brothers were rounded up and quickly shipped off and placed under Maru’s ward. The result was Maru waking up one morning to find 50 gibbering, incomprehensible maniacs roaming around his headquarters, punching walls, screaming obscenities and licking his freshly washed windows.  

In a bid to distract the new arrivals from destroying any more of his property Maru tried everything he could think of to keep the new arrivals occupied. He tried playing soothing music, he tried sitting them down with the first season of Lost, but nothing seemed to stop the rampant destruction that followed everywhere they went.  Without the budget to place them all in stasis, Maru decided it was time to invest in a Chaplin to keep these unwelcome guests in check until he could find an excuse to ship them off to wage war somewhere.

And so Chaplain Charlie was welcomed to join Black Maru’s order of redemption, a venture of mutual benefit; Charlie was able to continue spreading the word of his beloved Emperor, whilst Maru’s Death Company (Later dubbed the Screaming Death) where now too preoccupied listening to Charlie’s longwinded sermons and powerpoint presentations to bring upset to Maru’s tranquil base of operations.

Chaplain

Broadly speaking, I like to run my unit WYSIWYG and as you can see, my Chaplain is kitted out with a jump pack, a Crozius and a bolt pistol.

Does anyone use Chaplains since the new ‘dex dropped?  Have you had any luck running Chaplains? How do you load them up? What units do you put them with?

For your Chaplain/SPriest conundrums, you may find help here.

Re: your battle report, I have a unit of ten Assault Marines with jump packs just because, got dammit, I'm a Blood Angels player. They have a couple of meltaguns for slagging tanks and the Sergeant is upgraded to Veteran and wielding dual lightning claws because that. Is. Epic.

Sad to hear they didn't perform as hoped, though it sounds like maybe 1) you were unlucky and 2) they distracted the Dreadknight from hitting the targets which could actually hurt it. Given that, were they really all that bad?

Also, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, your Death Company with power fists only get four attacks on the charge due to power fists being Specialist Weapons.

Duel lightning claws on a Sgt sounds seriously awesome, totally going to use that.

I suppose having my assault marines shot up did keep my Death company alive.

Totally my bad on the extra attack with the DC, in the long run it wouldn't have made much difference, but I'll let my opponent know.

I just got back from an absolutely horrendous game against the new Necrons. I had the worst luck I have ever seen in a game, I failed every important charge, missed every important shot and failed every important save.

I won't go into detail, but as an example I charged a full 7 man Death Company squad into 7 Necron warriors and caused 0 wounds. I landed 4 hits with a Thunderhammer and rolled 4 1's. The whole squad was stuck in combat for a further 6 rounds of combat before finally killing the 'crons.

The C'tan's death stare power was devestating and wiped out both scout squads before I finally put it down with my Sanguinary Guard (who in turn died to warrior shooting).

At the very end of the game I failed a 5" charge to contest my backfield objective, so a terrible time from start to finish.

I will say the despite the awful rolling, it was a fun game and my opponent and his son were sportsmanlike who couldn't belive my bad luck.

Stupid dice...

I just got back from an absolutely horrendous game against the new Necrons. I had the worst luck I have ever seen in a game, I failed every important charge, missed every important shot and failed every important save.

I won't go into detail, but as an example I charged a full 7 man Death Company squad into 7 Necron warriors and caused 0 wounds. I landed 4 hits with a Thunderhammer and rolled 4 1's. The whole squad was stuck in combat for a further 6 rounds of combat before finally killing the 'crons.

The C'tan's death stare power was devestating and wiped out both scout squads before I finally put it down with my Sanguinary Guard (who in turn died to warrior shooting).

At the very end of the game I failed a 5" charge to contest my backfield objective, so a terrible time from start to finish.

I will say the despite the awful rolling, it was a fun game and my opponent and his son were sportsmanlike who couldn't belive my bad luck.

Stupid dice...

Did you buy the Blood Angel dice from GW? Because if not i'd imagine that's your problem! :wink:

Sounds rough though dude. Random charges are the stupidest thing about this edition is you ask me, yes you can potentially go 12.... But having the potential to "fail an assault" and still be shot at when you are 3" away from someone is just rididculous

The ironic thing is this was the first game I haven't used the Blood Angel dice since the new dex dropped.

I hadn't had much luck with them, so I thought I'd go back to my old green ones. That'll teach me to have more faith. ^_^*

I was going to get some pics up tonight, but I can't bring myself to get the models out of the carry case. -_-

My dice are cursed.

I’ve decided to bless my Blood Angel’s dice by baptising them a holy fire fed by the bodies of the traitor legions. I’ve invited some friends to play a narrative game in which the Redeemer’s try to lift a dark curse that is causing their recent streak of misfortune. If the Loyalists come out on top, the curse will be lifted and my dice will be blessed, removing the touch of Chaos that has caused me so many terrible rolls so far this year.

The details for the game are unconfirmed at the moment, I’m waiting to hear back from my opponents, but I’ll update with the specific rules and game types when I know what they are.
Hopefully I’ll have some nice pics to put into a betrep as well.

GKsr00l: Maru, I got your message, what’s happened?

M4dM4ru: I’ve been speaking with the new Chaplain we got transferred from Seth about this curse.

GKsr00l: This again? Maru, from one librarian to another, I’m telling you there is no curse.

M4dM4ru: Herm, how else would you explain this streak of bad luck? I mean, those Death Company boys that Corbulo was hiding at my place were hard as nails. I found one of them eating a powerfist. I sent them down to deal with a small Necron community that had woken up on nearby feudal planet, Areloa IV. Nice and easy, in and out job. It was a whitewash, only half of them came back! They couldn’t even handle a simple task.

GKsr00l: You can’t just haphazardly send in a bunch of madmen and expect a positive result Maru.

M4dM4ru: It’s not just the Death Company Herm, its the whole Order. I’ve got Assualt Marines tripping over their own feet when the enemy are right in front of them. I’ve had some of my boys in Sanguinary Armour that I “borrowed” from Baal who are dropping to pistol fire. Its more than just bad luck. Its a Curse.   

GKsr00l: Man up. If you keep whining and whinging about bad luck and curses, people are going to think your one of those pathetic Lamenter pansies.

M4dM4ru: Well I’ve been speaking with the new Chaplain that got here the other week and he agrees with me. He thinks that one of the Chaos Warbands in the Omlette Sector has put a dark curse on the whole Order. He says the only way to cure the curse is to go on a crusade across the whole sector and eliminate any trace of Chaos worship.

GKsr00l: A Chaplain suggested all your problems can be solved by murdering traitors and heretics? How original.

M4dM4ru: Well, that was the gist of it. I mean, he was more suggesting we hand out pro-emperor pamphlets or go door to door to engage the traitors in philosophical debate, but I think my way is quicker.

GKsr00l: I’m not buying this whole “curse” thing, but if its going to encourage you to get out there and do some actual work for a change then I’m not going to argue with you. Just don’t expect me to help.

M4dM4ru: Ah, see that’s really what I wanted to speak to you about.

GKsr00l: I knew this was coming.

M4dM4ru: The whole disembowelling traitors and beheading heretics part is right up my street, but where Chaos goes, Deamons are sure to follow. I’ve not got much experience when it comes to Deamons, that’s really more your milieu.

GKsr00l: I’m getting real sick of this Maru. I am a man and a man does not let himself get pushed around like this.

M4dM4ru: Firstly, I’m not trying to push you into anything; I’m your friend asking for help. Secondly, about that ‘I am a man’ comment...

GKsr00l:  I fething hate you. I’ll help you out. Again. One of these days I’ll get my pictures back from you and when I do I’m going straight to Inquisitor Pattan and he’s going to skin you alive.

M4dM4ru: “Going straight”. XD

M4dM4ru: Dick.

A little pre-game story to set up the game I'm having tomorrow night.

The Omelette sector is a dark corner of the universe, obscured for years by some unknown warp interference. Infamous hiding place for Space Pirates, Practitioners of the Forbidden Arts and Justin Beiber fans. The whole sector encompasses several inhabitable planets, a mineral rich asteroid belt and one colossal and imposing Space Hulk known as “Blimey” (Named after its first reported description by a passing Rogue Trader ship: “Blimey, look at the massive pile of :censored:”).

The Omelette sector has been largely ignored by the Imperium of man, partly due to the interference of the constant warp storm shrouding the area, making communication inside very difficult. Today, however, the Omelette sector is being gazed upon by Black Maru; Librarian and unofficial leader of The Redeemers, an Order of Space Marines with an “on-again-off-again” relationship with the Imperium.

The reason for Maru’s sudden interest in this dark and mysterious area of the galaxy lies with Maru’s latest recruit, a tall (even by Space Marine standards) Chaplain known as Charlie. After hearing Maru bemoaning yet another strategic loss due to unforeseeable bad luck, Charlie voiced the opinion that The Redeemers’ recent streak of misfortune may be due to a curse placed on the Order for interfering with the Evil plans of the Chaos Gods. Much preferring this theory over the previous theories that had been suggested, such as “You really suck at commanding an army” Maru began planning his great crusade to punish those who worship the Chaos Gods, bringing favour and fortune to his Order of Redemption.  

After a lengthy discussion with his old drinking companion Herm, a Grey Knight Librarian, Maru set off to the nearest congregation of Chaos worship. If a dark cult was to be found anywhere in this area of the galaxy, it would be here.

Meanwhile, on the planet of Forecheze, just on the inner rim of the Omelette sector, an ancient evil was stirring. In the darkest part of the third deepest forest, a clearing was being...cleared. In this shallow clearing, amongst the hushed whispers and flickering firelight, a temple was being built. A Temple of Skulls. Slowly at first, a quiet drone grows louder, ancient words and blasphemous utterances grow and grow into a cacophony of maddening sound. The Cultists of Khorne await their Grandmaster  Ramesh Ramesh (so bad they named him twice) to re-appear from his mediation chamber, re-born as a mighty and fearsome Demon of Khorne. The deafening chant falters slightly as small vibrations ripple across the souls of their feet. THUD. THUD. THUD. As the vibrations get louder the chanting softens to a silence. The ground visibly shakes as a huge, lumbering shadow appears in the doorway of the Grandmaster's chamber. The sea of cultists strain their eyes to catch a first glimpse of their Leader’s fearsome new form. There is a long, penetrating silence followed by a long ripple of wet flatulence.

“Oh Bugger” A deep voice booms.

“My Lord?”  ventures the nearest cultist.

From the shadowy doorway steps a horrifying, bloated mess. Standing 3 times as tall as his human form (and 5 times as wide), Ramesh lumbers his corpulent new body forwards, his puce green skin glowing in the pale moonlight. His bulging bloodshot left eye spins widely, eventually focusing on the nearest cultist.

“Something’s gone wrong here lads. I feel bloody awful”.

“My Lord, not to alarm you, but it seems that you have not been elevated to the all powerful status of Bloodthirster of Khorne as we had hoped.”

“Well, I feel pretty bloody massive, are you sure I’’m not a Bloodthirster?” Ramesh rumbles, followed by a colossal belch, spraying  the front row of cultists in a shower of carroty vomit.

“To hazard a guess, my Lord..." Replies the nearest cultist, wiping bilius fluid out of his eyes "I might dare to suggest that you have become a Prince of the Great Father Nurgle.”

“Well, that would explain why I’m leaking I suppose” gurgles Ramesh, scooping up some of his protruding entrails with his blistered, shovel sized hands and jabbing them back into his gaping stomach crevice. He sighs wearely. “Time to rebrand then. Best get out the green paint boys, if it’s red, paint it green.”

“What about all these skulls we have collected to prove our everlasting devotion to almighty Khorne, my Lord?”

“Chuck them away. Not very... whatcha call it... thematic any more. Get rid of the skulls and go find... Oh I don’t know...Slugs I suppose. ” Ramesh spits out some rotton teeth, slowly turns his vast bulk around and heads back to his chamber. And so it was that the cult of “The Eternal Servants of The Dreaded Blood God” was renamed “The Nurgling Green Collective.”

The game kicks of tomorrow night at my FLGS, and will be two friends of mine playing Chaos Marines and Chaos Demons respectivly, playing against myself and my other friend playing Grey Knights. I'm hoping to get some pics to post up with a run down of how the game went.

Wish me luck, The Redeemers are going to need it. >_<

Oh man, did we ever have a great game last night! Heroic charges! Stratigic retreats! Psychic Powers aplenty!

The board we played on realy looked the part, fitting in perfectly with the short story I wronte above.

I'll try and get pictures up and a bit of a bat-rep style rundown tonight, but I can confirm this; the result of the whole game was decided on the last roll of the last dice on the last turn of the game in a combat between 2 mighty HQs.

It was a tense and exiting finale to an enjoyable and hectic game.

Archived