The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well, I think it's time for some housekeeping. Its Friday, so when I get back from work I'll get everything sorted out.

Jobs for tonight:

• Close up of Thunderhammers, as requested.
  • Pics of Chaplain Charlie and his Screaming Death DC squad.
  • A Bat-rep of Maru and Herm's first run in with Ramesh Ramesh and his Nurgle Legions.
  • Maybe, if there is enough time, I might post some Pics and a Bio of "Big Crispin" now he's finished.

Any guesses what type of unit Big Crispin is? The first correct answer gets a free Bro-fist with a necron of their choice..

Sorry for the delay in content.

I have the pictures and the notes for the bat rep ready to go, but Photobucket was being an absolute nightmare over the weekend.(which is why the pics above are all weird sizes)

If I get the chance tonight I'll edit the above post and get the sizes all the same.

The Bat Rep is incoming, as is the reveal of Big Crispin!

Thanks brother.

I decided to edge highlight the DC rather than try to blend the black in.

I started using really dark highlights but it looked too subtle. I settled on the much brighter grey highlights.

Iit gives them a comic-book style look, bold and larger than life.

Behold, Brian!

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/DSCN0533_zpsqqbcbz46.jpg

He's more or less finished, just a few touch ups to do.

Also, here's a close up of the Thunderhammer as Jolemai requested about 2 months ago. >_<

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/DSCN0525_zpskmlxtyyy.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

Now if I can jut get the time to update that batrep...

[EDIT: Gah, I hate Photobucket so much. Resizing images.]

OK, while Photobucket decides whether or not it wants to resize my images appropriately, I thought I should finally get this Batrep sorted out.

Firstly (as always) I begin with apologies.

I had left my awesome-sauce Nikon camera at home and was taking pictures with my terrible windows phone in low light conditions. The pic quality is terrible and does not do justice to my opponent's really fantastically painted minis.

The game was a very casual, fun, narrative match based on a short story I posted earlier.

I suggest you read it before tackling the batrep below, it will make much more sense that way. :smile.:

The Lists:

Chaos, Played by Sam.

(The list was made up of a couple of detachments, which is why it doesn't look Battleforged.)

HQ-

"Ramesh Ramesh"  (Mamon Daemon Prince of Nurgle)

Herald of Nurgle - Mastery level 2 (biomancy 6 and 4) Locus of Fecundity (fnp for unit) Greater reward (Greater etherblade +1s ap2)

Herald of Nurgle -  Mastery level 2 (biomancy 5 and 4) Locus of Fecundity (fnp for unit) Greater reward (Greater etherblade +1s ap2)

Epidemius Tallyman of Nurgle

Great Unclean One Mastery level 3

Elites-

Beast of Nurgle x 3  (Used blight drones to represent the beasts because of AWESOME)

Troops-

Nurglings x 3

Plaguebearers x20 Plagueridden with greater reward (greater etherblade +1s ap2) Icon of chaos Plague banner (poison 2+ for one turn)

Plaguebearers x20 Plagueridden with greater reward (greater etherblade +1s ap2) Icon of chaos Plague banner (poison 2+ for one turn)

Heavy support

Soul grinder x2 Phlegm bombardment (battlecannon) Warpsword (+1 attack) Mark of nurgle (shrouded)

Grey Knights - Played by Naz

HQ -

Librarian, "Herm" AKA "Hermione" ML3, Force Staff, Storm Bolter

Elite -

Purifier Squad,  swords and an Incinerator

Troops-

Terminator Squad, falchions and an Incinerator

Terminator Squad, swords and a Psylencer

Heavy -

Dreadknight, Hammer, teleporter and Gattling Psylencer.

Dreadknight, Greatsword, teleporter, Heavy Incinerator.

The Redeemers - Played by me. :biggrin.:

HQ-

Librarian, "Black Maru" ML2, Jump pack, Force Axe.

Elites-

Furioso, "Big Crispin" - Flamer, Fragcannon, droppod

Death Company Dread, Melta, Powerfists, Dropod

Death Company, 6x c/c&pistol, 1x powerfist. Jumppacks.

Terminator Assault Squad, TH/SS, Droppod.

Troops-

Sniper Scouts x5

Sniperscouts x 5

Game Special Rules:

• Deamons always deploy first, Redeemers take first turn.
  • Night Fighting is in effect turn 1, continues every turn on a 4+
  • The Chaos relic is worth 3 points. Chaos cannot move relic from the Skull Temple.
  • The Skull Temple is dangerous terrain to non-Chaos units.
  • There are 3 objectives set up in the Marine's deployment. They are worth nothing to Marines, but 1 point each for Daemons.
  • No Linebreaker or First Blood. Slay the Warlord (Ramesh and Hermione) worth 1 pt each.

Turn 1:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_001_zpsbjvhvthx.jpg

As you can see, the board we played on worked perfectly to represent the Chaos shrine set up in the middle of a forest.

The Chaos relic is placed in the throne of skulls-http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_003_zpswq9iziyx.jpg

The the blue gems represent the Marine's objectives. One in the center forest, one on the left and one on the right.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_006_zpswvbl09er.jpg

First thing is first, Big Crispin does what he does best and drops down in front of a big squad of Plague Bearers and opens fire.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_014_zpslgodnly7.jpg

He kills 10 of them.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_015_zps3hprbvys.jpg

Thunderhammer Terms drop defensively and everything else moves up. Sniper scouts sit on 2 of the home objectives. The 20 Daemons sat with Epidermus on the Throne of skulls have a 2+ cover, so we cant even scratch them.

The DreadKnight fails to get Force off, but with support from other units still manages to shoot 3 wounds off the Great Unclean One.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_019_zpsnj8bwody.jpg

On his turn, Sam rolls snake eyes for Warp Storm which causes a few wounds on the Nurgle beasts, but fortunately everything else makes their saves.

The GreyKnights take advantage of their crazy amount of Deny The Witch rolls and manage to cancel out EVERY spell the Deamons try to pull off.

The Great Unclean One charges a Dreadknight, stripping it down to one wound. The Knight fails his Morale and falls back.

Ramesh Ramesh charges Big Crispin, unaware that his front armor is AV13, so has to Smash. Combined with the Touch of Rust rule on the Plaguebearers, they take 2 out of 3 HP from the Dread, but he does 2 wounds back to Ramesh in response.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_021_zpsbo50ytsk.jpg

One Soulgrinder destroys Big Crispins Droppod, and the other Soul Grinder charges the Assault Terminators, but they make all of their invun saves.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_020_zpsaqjlbjhy.jpg

Turn 2:

The Grey Knights use their Mighty Magic Powers to drop the invun saves of the Soul Grinders and The great Unclean One.

The Dread Knight managed to get Force off and charged the Great Unclean One, killing it 7 different kinds of dead.

My Death Company Dread drops down in front of the second Souldgrinder, Whiffs its Melta shot, then gets ripped to pieces in combat.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_026_zpsabbgvdio.jpg

Big Crispin takes another wound off Ramesh before succumbing to The rusting powers of the Plague bearers. Not a good turn to be a Dreadnaught. lol.

The Purifier Squad kills the Nurgeling that were headed to the right hand objective.

Sam's Warpstorm roll is much better this time, adding +1 to his army's invun saves.

The Nurgelings on the left flank manage to charge the Scouts. The Scouts fall back and leave the Nurglings to hold the objective.

The Soulgrinder on the left Kills a Dreadknight, but in turn gets pummeled by the Assault Terminators.

After an unbelievably unlucky roll, the Souldgrinder blows up and KILLS 2 OF THE TERMS! :ohmy.:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_029_zpsbareztzv.jpg

Turn 3:

The Scouts rallied and tried to charge back into the Nuglings. Caused a few wounds, but not enough to make a real difference. The Assault Terms run towards the Temple of Skulls. The the crazy cover saves the Plague Marines are getting, the only way to hurt them is to deny their cover saves, so we focus on charging them down.

A Squad of GK Terminators charge the Plague bearer's in the temple, but the whole squad dies under the weight of all those poisoned attacks. Still, a few less Daemons left in the temple to take care off.

The Death Company finally get close enough to charge the right hand squad of Plague Bearers. Maru breaks off and heads towards the Temple, whilst the DC squad wipe out the remaining Plague bearers.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_024_zps0nkkxdvc.jpg

(My notes get a bit squiffy here, but I believe the remaining Terminator squad finishes off the last Soulgrinder at this point.)

The Beasts of Nurgle pull off their "Attention Seeker" rule, bounded over to the scouts and smooshed them all over the floor Those crazy beasts!

Ramesh Ramesh charges into the consolidating Terminator squad and dies to a lucky overwatch shot. That's a Warlord point FOR TEH EMPORAH!

Turn 4:

The Dread Knight, my 1 remaining Assault terminator, Herm the Librarian and 1 remaining Terminator all charge into the temple.

Black Maru and the Last remaining Death Company jumppack their way towards the tempt to join this very, very messy fight.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_033_zpslxd5uaue.jpg

We kill a whole bunch of the Plague Bearers, leaving only Epidermus and the Herald left, but our casualties are huge. With all that poison and Feel no Pain, the Deamons managed to weather our charge and took out my Assault Terminator and Herm, granting him a Slay the Warlord point. They also stripped 2 wounds from the Dreadknight.

Turn 5

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_035_zpszm2sxnh6.jpg

Maru and the Death company Marine arrive on the scene, but is it too late?

The Herald and the Knight give each other the "High 5 of Death" © and both die.

Maru charges with his Death Company ally and they land a wound on Epidurmus. The Death Company Marine gets to enjoy the same warriors death as his comrades and pops his clogs as well.

Turn 6

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/The%20Great%20Chaos%20Caper/WP_20150304_037_zps4zye1srs.jpg

With just Epidurmus (2 wounds left) and Black Maru (Only 1 wound left) remaining on the table, the tension was high.

I try to cast force on my mighty Axe. Success!

Unfortunately, as Maru's trusty Force Axe is unwieldy, his opponent get to strike first... but he whiffs and lands no hits!

I roll my attacks and only land one. It's a power weapon, but the Daemon has an invulnerable save.

He rolls a 2, takes a Force Axe to the face and is sent screaming back to the foul pit where he belongs!

Results:

Sam had scored a Slay the Warlord point, and he has a Beast of Nurgle sat on one backfield objective, and a pack of Nurglings sat on the other. Totals up to be 3 points.

Naz and I had scored a Slay the Warlord point and managed to grab the 3point relic at the last second. Totals up to 4 points.

3-4 IMPERIAL VICTORY!

What a Game! I really cant tell you how much I enjoyed teaming up with Naz and his Grey Knight force to take on Sam's Daemon hoard. For a fluffy game, it seemed to balance out very well (as you can see by the nail-biting photo finish) which makes a narrative game even more fun.

If you read the story that this game was based on, you'll know the main reason for setting it all up was to "purify" my dice in the blood of Chaos Spawn, and I can certainly say I was rolling much better in this game than I have sice the new dex dropped. I think the Emperor has given me his blessing. ;)

I got a few words from Sam on his thoughts about the game, I'll post them below. I really want to thank him and my buddy Naz for playing such a great, chilled out game and for helping me lift the curse from my BA dice.

Sam's post game thoughts:

"Cheers Bruce and Nazfor a fun game, it was interesting defending and not attacking. My lack of shooting stopped me from whittling your armies down before you charged. Quite disappointed in my lack of psychic powers but oh well, the dice gods are fickle. Some rather amusing parts of the game with the exploding Grinder and the Beast."

Next time I do a battle report like this, I'll be sure to take a better camera. I might ask one of my buddies to be a dedicated cameraman/note taker, as I got a little carried away towards the end of the game and forgot to take many notes/pics.

I hope Photobucket quits screwing up the image sizes, if they haven't evened out by tomorrow night I'll edit them up a bit.

I hope you all enjoyed, let me know what you thought about our custom game type.

Peace out.

Maru.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a557/bukimimaruukimimaru/DSCN0532_zpsrmhz1gjv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my list for Bristol Vanquish.

I know it not mega competitive, I'm just going for a bit of fun and an excuse to have a few drinks in Bristol with my game group.

I've almost got it all painted, with just the jump pack assault squad let to bring up to tabletop standard.

+++ Bristol Vanquish (1746pts) +++

++ Blood Angels: Codex (2014) (Baal Strike Force) ++

+ HQ +

High Priest Gravy - Sanguinary Priest [Additional Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Jump pack, The Veritas Vitae, Warlord]

····Valour's Edge [Melee weapon]

+ Elites +

Big Crispin - Furioso Dreadnought [Magna-grapple]

····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

····Power Fists [Frag cannon, Heavy flamer]

Screaming Death - Death Company Squad [10x Bolt Pistol, 8x Chainsword, 10x Death Company Marine, Jump Pack, Power Fist, Power Weapon]

+ Troops +

Ferret Squad - Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle]

····Scout Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Sniper Rifle]

Weasel Squad - Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle]

····Scout Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Maru's Fist - Assault Squad [9x Assault Marines, Jump Packs, 2x Meltagun]

····Assault Sergeant [2x Inferno Pistol]

Maru's Palm - Assault Squad [5x Assault Marines, 2x Meltagun]

····Assault Sergeant [bolt Pistol, Chainsword]

····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

Tarantula squad - Bike Squad [2x Grav-gun, 2x Space Marine Biker]

····Biker Sergeant [Combi-Grav]

+ Heavy Support +

Red Quoth - Stormraven Gunship [Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

++ Imperial Knights: Codex (2014) (Imperial Knight Detachment) ++

+ Knights +

Knight Paladin

I'll try to get a full army shot ones the RAS squad is finished. :)

Looks nice Maru! Only thing I might suggest is unless they are there to purely hold objectives, maybe even just keep the CCW/BP on the scouts and rush them forward to make a nuisance of themselves. The list is very fast and offensive and I think they will do more damage that way, especially with that melta bomb! Plus you could keep a squad in the raven and "skies of death" onto an objective later!

I guess the Priest goes with the Jump squad? Maybe swap the inferno pistols to the drop squad to make that Alpha strike really hurt! That way the jump sergeant can eat challenges for the priest and you wont be losing potentially more shooting.

Thanks Charlo.

Yeah, the jump pack Priest goes with the Maru's Fist Assault Squad.

I was considering going with the C/C scouts, but thats a whole lot more painting and my sniper scouts usually serve me pretty well.

I think I will start one of the scout squads in the Raven for sneaky objective grabbing shenanigans.

I know the cardinal rule for drop pods is to take odd numbers so you get optimum first turn poddage, but I can't find the points.

I cant see this list doing majorly well against super-cheese lists, but its fast and durable with lots of FNP, so I'm gonna play for the objectives.

It's my first big tourney, I've played a few local ones, but nothing on this scale. Not sure what to expect. :)

Archived