Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1850 Grey Knights. 100%. Championship Tourny.

Adepitcon Grey Knights NSF

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Rpell

Rpell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

I have two lists I am thinking on running.  I do not own any terminators, I sold them all when the codex dropped and regret it.

HQ: Librarian (base) 110 pts

Troop: Grey Knight Strike Squad 10 man w/ Rhino 245 pts

Troop: Grey Knight Strike Squad 10 man w/ Rhino 245 pts

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Psycannon, Incinerator, Teleporter, fists. 215pts

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Psycannon, Incinerator, Teleporter, Sword 225pts

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Psycannon, Incinerator, Teleporter, Sword 225pts

Fast: Stormraven Gunship Twinlinked Multi Melta, Twinlinked Assault Cannon 200pts

Fast: Interceptor Squad 10 man 1 incinerator, 255pts

Fast: Interceptor Squad  5 man 130 pts.

1850 total

42 model count

Combat squaded warp dice: 12

The idea behind this list is to be able to shunt to objectives with the interceptors and their front line with the Dreads. Put pressure on them as my strike squads ride or slog to objectives or shooting.

Second list.

This is a Nemesis Strike Force list with allied into Grey Knights.  (Legal)

Nemesis Strike Force

HQ: Librarian (base) 110pts

Troop: Strike Squad 10 man 210pts

Troop: Strike Squad 10 man 210pts

Troop: Strike Squad  5 man 110pts

Fast: Stormraven Gunship Twinlinked lascannon, Twinlinked Multimelta 200pts

Fast Stormraven Gunship Twinlinked Assault Cannon, Twinlinked Multimelta 200pts

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Greatsword, Psycannon, Teleporter 205

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Greatsword, Incinerator, Teleporter 190

Allied detachment

HQ: Librarian (base) 110pts

Troop: Strike Squad 5 man 110pts

Heavy: Nemesis Dreadknight Teleporter, Greatsword, incinerator 190 pts

1845 pts

36 Model Count

Combat squaded warp dice: 13

With this list I am hoping to deep strike into objectives may even cut some items for rhinos for more obsec units.

Lets do this.

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts

Strikes are just bad dude. So are Rhinos. So, you really need to ditch both. 

You need to re-acquire some Terminators. 10 at minimum, 20 if you can manage it. eBay and other online sources are your best bet. I've gotten mine as low as $30 a squad before. 

Drop the Ravens. I've tried many times to make them work, but they're just points we need more badly for infantry or another DK. Flyers and FMC's you should just ignore. 

Don't bother focusing on model count or warp charge. We're the elite of elite armies. Focus on making your limited force as efficient and deadly as possible. 

Nemesis Strikeforce is our strongest build, no contest. Don't bother Allying, it doesn't garner any benefits over NSF. Think of NSF as an Ally detachment with better bonuses and extra Force Org slots. 

Here is what I would take at 1850:

Double NSF

HQ:

(2) Librarian w/falchions

(110 points each)

Troops:

(2) Justicar w/sword, 2x Terminator w/sword+psycannon, 7x Terminator w/sword

(370 points each)

Heavy Support:

(4) Dreadknight w/greatsword, heavy psycannon, teleporter

(205 points each)

Fortifications:

Aegis Line w/Comms Array

(70 points)

Total: 1850 points

Librarians attach to each squad, go into Reserve. 

Turn 1, bring on both squads with Deepstrike (combat squad if expecting serious Interception), then Shunt Dreadknights into enemy lines to support. 

At that point, their Turn 1 shooting is severely compromised. Either they elect to shoot the Terminators, in which case your DK's go on a rampage. Or, they shoot the DK's, which leaves your Terminators free to charge next turn. 

Now, you can tinker with this build, drop a DK for a Raven etc but it really doesn't get better than this. I've tried Purifiers, Interceptors...all kinds of weird builds. It just doesn't ever get as good. 

Edited by Reclusiarch Darius, 04 February 2015 - 12:46 PM.

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers."

Grand Master Khyron, Eighth Brotherhood

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind

Rpell

Rpell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Wish I could take two NSF, but alas I cannot.

My restrictions are 

0-1 Combined Arms Detachment  0-1 Allied Detachment (may ignore Primary Detachment Faction restriction, see below) Any number of unique Codex Detachments*   Any number of unique Formations presented in a Data Slate*

*Each specific Codex Detachment and Data Slate Formation is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated.

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,457 posts

My restrictions are 

0-1 Combined Arms Detachment  0-1 Allied Detachment (may ignore Primary Detachment Faction restriction, see below) Any number of unique Codex Detachments*   Any number of unique Formations presented in a Data Slate*

*Each specific Codex Detachment and Data Slate Formation is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated.

I might be reading that wrong, but doesn't that allow double NSF? 

If you are being forced down that path, just take the Dreadknight Brethren Formation for the DK's then, and a single NSF for the Terminators, Librarians and Aegis Line. The Formation is pretty sexy actually, free Shred so long as the leader DK is alive is sweet. 

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers."

Grand Master Khyron, Eighth Brotherhood

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind