Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Is the bare ultramarine head wearing a laurel? That kind of annoys me, while laurels look great as a sculpted detail on a helmet I think they look ridiculous on a bare head in a combat situation.

What you can't see is they're nailed to his skull with service studs smile.png

That... that has got to hurt :P

Slipstream, you IF stole the caesar haircut, you bad bad people :P

Is the bare ultramarine head wearing a laurel? That kind of annoys me, while laurels look great as a sculpted detail on a helmet I think they look ridiculous on a bare head in a combat situation.

What you can't see is they're nailed to his skull with service studs smile.png

That... that has got to hurt tongue.png

Slipstream, you IF stole the caesar haircut, you bad bad people tongue.png

Whats that? I can't hear you over how awesome our stuff is biggrin.png msn-wink.gif

Stormbird - Big disappointment

http://s29.postimg.org/pvt9pcxfb/Stormbird_flyer.jpg

Something along the lines of that^ would have been a sure-fire purchase, weekender stealing preview. But instead we get an odd looking, Thunder Hawk prototype. Big meh.

Everything else looks so good though! Not sure how I feel about the Ordantus...

Was that ever actually said to be a Stormbird? I thought it was unnamed and everyone assumed it was a Stormbird. Also, personally, I prefer the new one. :)

A look at the Deredeo's 30k rules

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_7cbnwgSfHg/VNXfF6xj5cI/AAAAAAAA_0E/ePRUCO2v6yI/s1600/20150207_091409_zpscejin0th.jpg

Edit: just found the rest of the rules:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mRXskrQ5tRc/VNXgvFcVDpI/AAAAAAAA_0k/yw_f8opPvmA/s1600/20150207_091417_zps6rhhjb4c.jpg

Came here to say wow, that Stormbird is probably me least favorite HH model to date. It's even beats the orky Iron Warrior contemptor. Speaking of which, I'm gonna be upset if they don't at least tease IW upgrade sets tomorrow :(

Lots of over cool stuff though!

I just woke up and my reaction to all this

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/tumblr_muv6eauHen1s4vwndo1_500_zps98aczx00.gif

:cuss all the legions I'm sticking to ultras.

Now I hope this :cuss is released in the next month.

To buy:

Dereddeo

Ultras upgrade kits

New realm of battle

Xiphon probably 2

Storm bird

And probably everything else

WHATS THE AP VALUE OF THE PLASMA!?!?!? I'm assuming 2 but that glare...

Kiss my harris pride of legion armies mwahaha. The pavaise looks alright, not sure if it's worth losing the 3 missile shots.

If its in ZM or gets 2 Giant Flamer Arms, then I can see it being useful. 

The big risk of that whole deal is that you're hiding in the shields of a unit that has increased chances of exploding spectacularly.... Cool concept though. 

Pavaise + Void Shield Harness Siege Breaker/whatever + Tyrant Siege Terminators, 2+/3++ super-shooty unit?

which anime is this? I too am making my way through all the anime on netflix

the assumed pic of the old stormbird looks like the flyers from the beginning of terminator 2

mr slipstreams, eddy with pavaise surrounded by warders?

the assumed pic of the old stormbird looks like the flyers from the beginning of terminator 2

Looks like Guilty Crown. Watch only if you really enjoy trainwrecks and incredibly silly character progression.

Is it possible to get a better pic of the Delegatus consul rules? Looks like we can make out most of the fluff text from the pic we do have, but still no clue as to what he actually does on the tabletop

Something along the lines of that^ would have been a sure-fire purchase, weekender stealing preview. But instead we get an odd looking, Thunder Hawk prototype. Big meh.

Was that ever actually said to be a Stormbird? I thought it was unnamed and everyone assumed it was a Stormbird. Also, personally, I prefer the new one. smile.png

They already made a model of that. tongue.png

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99120113019_DevilfishNEW02.jpg

...Oh my...

Warders or Templar....

We're also assuming this thing boosts all invulns to a max of 3++ so you could stick one by a Primarch and give Him a Better save...

Yeah... That Stormbird is awesome and huge, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. That old artwork was never said to be one, it was simply implied by players. The only gripe I have is... how in the nine hells are you supposed to field such a massive flier?? How would you mount it to a base??

Was that ever actually said to be a Stormbird? I thought it was unnamed and everyone assumed it was a Stormbird. Also, personally, I prefer the new one. smile.png

I remember that picture. That was RT era and has never been an official vehicle. Back in RT days we had to rely heavily on conversions using model kits from outside the GW range beyond the land raider and rhino. The awesome Kev Walker (the artist) used to rely heavily on drawing pictures as the actual models were. That ship is based on the drop ship model from aliens.

Bulldog Uk did recreate that model using an old Battle Tech dropship which I think is where the confusion comes in regarding that picture.

There has never been an official Storm Bird picture until today.

Yeah... That Stormbird is awesome and huge, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. That old artwork was never said to be one, it was simply implied by players. The only gripe I have is... how in the nine hells are you supposed to field such a massive flier?? How would you mount it to a base??

It actually looks to be based roughly on the thunderhawk transport chassis (and given the scale model hopping out of the door) so it can be assumed it'll be close to the same length. I don't know how people mount that beast to a base but one would guess the same method could be applied.

-the boater

Archived