Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

med_gallery_79873_10428_116518.jpg

Can't help the feeling that Dynat would make an awesome Alpha Legion conversion with the scales and that sweet, sweet sword.

Well, he IS Alpha Legion after all... tongue.png

Ha! Shows what I know teehee.gif

The plethora of Hydra Icons didnt give it away tongue.png?

All I see is this flipped

http://s21.postimg.org/bq9och30n/Salamanders_badge.gif

Hence the confusion.

med_gallery_79873_10428_116518.jpg

Can't help the feeling that Dynat would make an awesome Alpha Legion conversion with the scales and that sweet, sweet sword.

Well, he IS Alpha Legion after all... tongue.png

Ha! Shows what I know teehee.gif

The plethora of Hydra Icons didnt give it away tongue.png?

All I see is this flipped

http://s21.postimg.org/bq9och30n/Salamanders_badge.gif

Hence the confusion.

The center of the chestplate? The hammer? I can see where the confusion would stem from - especially as bare resin. The other details are very discreet - The Venom Spheres on the Belt, the Chain on the Right (facing us) knee pad, scales with the lack of fire. Would be one of the easier models to just paint up as a Salamander and easily pass him off as one.

Yeah... That Stormbird is awesome and huge, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. That old artwork was never said to be one, it was simply implied by players. The only gripe I have is... how in the nine hells are you supposed to field such a massive flier?? How would you mount it to a base??

It actually looks to be based roughly on the thunderhawk transport chassis (and given the scale model hopping out of the door) so it can be assumed it'll be close to the same length. I don't know how people mount that beast to a base but one would guess the same method could be applied.

-the boater

That's a lot bigger than a Thunderhawk. It's also WIP.

The Ordinatus is maximus, totallitus, awesomus.

The Ultramarines upgrade set - incredible, cannot wait, will probably make 20 customised Marines :-D

That new flyer... My god it looks good. It's unfortunate I already have 4 Stormtalons and a Stormraven but I'll probably get one or two if the rules are good and allow it into 40k...

The Deredeo plasma weapon variation doesn't seem as useful as the Regular one...

The Stormbird is an epic fail unfortunately. Lore wise It's a pre Imperium relic from the dark age, not some THawk precursor lookalike!

Yeah... That Stormbird is awesome and huge, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. That old artwork was never said to be one, it was simply implied by players. The only gripe I have is... how in the nine hells are you supposed to field such a massive flier?? How would you mount it to a base??

It actually looks to be based roughly on the thunderhawk transport chassis (and given the scale model hopping out of the door) so it can be assumed it'll be close to the same length. I don't know how people mount that beast to a base but one would guess the same method could be applied.

-the boater

That's a lot bigger than a Thunderhawk. It's also WIP.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/imagejpg1_zps2d692b3b.jpg

Unless they made a completely oversized version of the exact same piece then not really. (It even has the same line from where the two pieces of the forward section connect and if you look closely at the top you can see the color variation where they have just been building off an existing model) Again I said roughly... it should be about the same length. (If a good bit bulkier) :P

-The boater

I've wanted an official Stormbird model for some time, I will not be buying that Thunderhawk they're trying to call a Stormbird. I know its a WIP right now but I can't remember a WIP that has been displayed that has changed too drastically.

I've wanted an official Stormbird model for some time, I will not be buying that Thunderhawk they're trying to call a Stormbird. I know its a WIP right now but I can't remember a WIP that has been displayed that has changed too drastically.

Korphearon was changed quite drastically

I fail to see the logic for being disappointed because something that came before the Thunderhawk looks like something that came before the Thunderhawk and the Thunderhawk is supposed to be a smaller, slimmed down version of the Stormbird. Everyone does remember that all Imperial technology has a base in STC patterns and that all variants are either designs modified for a specific purpose or are the "personal flair" from a specific Forgeworld, right?

There's so much negativity I thought I was in the Chaos forums for a minute.

I fail to see the logic as to why something that came before the Thunderhawk looks like something that came before the Thunderhawk and the Thunderhawk is supposed to be a smaller, slimmed down version of the Stormbird. Everyone does remember that all Imperial technology has a base in STC patterns and that all variants are either designs modified for a specific purpose or are the "personal flair" from a specific Forgeworld, right?

There's so much negativity I thought I was in the Chaos forums for a minute.

People always knitpick this is the Internet after all.

I'm just so happy that FW are expanding armies and products like no tomorrow, so happy with everything so far and there's still more to come

So on top of that storm bird it has the same little top things on titans(Warhounds and Reavers) I thought were the shield generators are..... Is that the case that this thing will have shields like a titan of some sort??

I've seen no mention of it but, the Delegatus Comes with his own RoW:

1423315548601   Copy

Hopefully this is ok to post :x Its just that I've seen no one talk about it.

Also, the Praevian gives the Battle-Automata taken with him Legions Astartes (insert legion here) with the SoH, EC, DG, NL, WB and RG additional options for them - some restricted to Castellax; such as Banestrike Ammo, Chem Munitions, Fleet & Infiltrate (RG), Sonic Shriekers, etc.

The Delegatus also seems to be the perfect "test" HQ for someone entering the Heresy and wanting to Start Small. The Flexibility of Tac Vets permits you to test most RoWs with them while also being points dense so that the person doesnt need to buy as many models.

Also, I'm probably right in assuming that by "Veteran Squads" it just means Tactical Vets...right?

What was the legion inductees rule for the cortex controller guy?

Its the thing I mentioned about him giving buffs to Battle Automata such as Legionnes Astartes and some wargear options

Also, I'm probably right in assuming that by "Veteran Squads" it just means Tactical Vets...right?

The precedent is already set from the FAQ, so that's a safe assumption.

Regardless, most legion specific ROW allow you to take legion specifics as troops so it's kinda a moot point. I'll probably make one.

-the boater

Edit: also any chance we could see what's up with the other one?

Archived