Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

That Quad-mortar though.... drool.gif

biggrin.png Why do I find that one of the most exciting additions? I'll take 3 in Iron Hands black (i.e. very dark blue) thank you very much.

Nothing but good things to see all around. I'll throw out another thanks for posting this. -OMG

I have to admit, I think part of my enthusiasm for the Quad-mortar is that it really cements how the Grendel would look in my mind's eye ...y'know, if it actually existed unsure.png

And that model is not 1/2 has horrid as I expected from the inception. It's actually an interesting model to field. You almost want to expose one side to bring more firepower to bear especially if you upgrade the side guns. You would almost be tempted to push this beast down-table and fire on your enemy broadsides. That makes it a much different animal than the super-heavies that are more static, stand & shoot platforms.

It's not the kind of unit I like to field but I'll be happy to see them on the tabletop.

And multiple expression avatars FTW... thumbsup.gif

Anyone willing to buy me an Alpha Legion shirt and ship it? Really rather mad they haven't realized there's a large market for those things among the vast majority of the hobby that can't make it to the UK for events like this.

Agreed, I'd burn all kinds of money if they put stuff online for we' benighted colonials to purchase.

Edit: apparently someone already had the same idea http://www.ebay.com/itm/Horus-heresy-Weekender-Event-Exclusive-Alpha-Legion-T-Shirt-Medium-/251821233749?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item3aa1b71655

Stormhammer deserves a bigger picture:

http://s28.postimg.org/e0vz96nst/unnamed.jpg

You call that a stormhammer? No sir, this is a stormhammer:

http://i.imgur.com/nrfw6G5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ICfmsCg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NVtJ50o.jpg

Looks fantastic, but why does the Mhara Gal Possessed Dreadnought have Mark III pauldrons? 

I think the next event is going to be loaded with WB and UM stuff in addition to Tempest. I need some Legion UM decals, shoulder pads, helmets, and chests quite badly...

I feel like the outlier here, but all I thought when I saw the Stormhammer was, "Meh, another baneblade chassis with a bunch of guns strapped on it." Alexis Polux and the Corrupted Contemptor are fantastic, as are the Ogryns (Though I'd make sure the leader had his gas mask on, ugly mother:cusser that he is) and the Quad Mortar Rapier chassis (about damn time).

Looks like they're getting around to updating Siege of Vraks. Only one book this time, though?

Probably becuase IA13 having the rules for the Chaos auxilia. Maybe include variant Death Korps army list/detachment system for AstraMilitarum, and include.rules.for the heroes and villains; Hector Rex, Sergeant Culln, Chaplain Belisarius, Cardinal Xaphan, and Lord Arkos, if not including Mamon and ANggrath, plus the Scenarios.

Probably be a very big book, mayybe cut down the colour plates, a.d endless.maps.showing similar.

I feel like the outlier here, but all I thought when I saw the Stormhammer was, "Meh, another baneblade chassis with a bunch of guns strapped on it." Alexis Polux and the Corrupted Contemptor are fantastic, as are the Ogryns (Though I'd make sure the leader had his gas mask on, ugly mother:cusser that he is) and the Quad Mortar Rapier chassis (about damn time).

Baneblade with more guns what's more to love

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/tumblr_mvvgts9ZId1slcgnlo1_500_zpsf10pewnp.gif

I'll put that ogryn away as he's that fugly might need to make a custom mask for the head ogryn

I much prefer the new design for the Stormhammer I think. The old ones second turret looks tacked on.

I'm still partial to the epic model, compounded by how many hours I spent in Final Liberation with armies full of them. That said, the baneblade body is too small for 2 big turrets, so its hard to pull off 6 turrets without making everything look cramped.

Are we going to be keeping this thread alive during the events of the weekend, or will there be a new thread to collate all the new information from the sales stand, seminars, and open discussions with the teams?

I for one will attempt to keep significant news flowing where possible, with a combination of iphone and either hotel WiFi or 4G (hopefully Nottingham has 4G capability, or 3G - can't remember how bad the phone signal was actually.)

Hotel wifi is pretty decent in the main reception area but the further you head down the bottom end (the FW demo/model room lst year) it becomes a bit choppy. Room wifi depends how close you are to reception although I was at the very end at the BL weekender and had a fine signal. That being said Nottingham has 4G so you've got a fall back option

A humble request that any attended seminars are recorded... even just the audio is good too.

We'll see what we can do - but I have a feeling it won't be permitted. I know previously at the Weekenders there have been official video cameras set up in the Seminar room to do recordings, but the footage has only been used to create some of the teaser videos up on the ForgeWorld site for the event. I think this has been asked previously and their view was that they wanted the content of the event to be for the people who attend the event, which is fair to those of us who have paid for tickets. They seem to be OK at certain points for photos to be taken (e.g. the new model seminar), but above that it's not generally permitted.

Last year's weekender and also the BL one was a no film zone, at least when it comes to the seminars. They're more keen that people who actually attend get to enjoy the benefits. Annoying if you can't go but makes sense really.Pictures are fair game though, I don't think they can stop that if they tried

Archived