Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

and Armillus Dynat:

gallery_79873_10428_27894.jpg

thanks@Battlebunnies

Ahhh, finally something interesting. This looks gorgeous.

Dynat is a favourite of mine too, the detail on his shoulderpad is outstanding.

I like the shade they are using for the Ultramarines, rather than the deeper blue the 40k chapter has. Which paint is it do you think? Altdorf Blue, Caledor Blue?

I believe it's from Forgeworld's upcoming airbrush paints range. If I recall, they will have the appropriate colours for all of the 18 Legions available.

and Armillus Dynat:

gallery_79873_10428_27894.jpg

thanks@Battlebunnies

Ahhh, finally something interesting. This looks gorgeous.

Dynat is a favourite of mine too, the detail on his shoulderpad is outstanding.

I like the shade they are using for the Ultramarines, rather than the deeper blue the 40k chapter has. Which paint is it do you think? Altdorf Blue, Caledor Blue?

I believe it's from Forgeworld's upcoming airbrush paints range. If I recall, they will have the appropriate colours for all of the 18 Legions available.

That would be a wonderful thing

I apologise if it was posted, but I only saw the unpainted UM upgrades and just found a painted one on Tumblr: http://i.imgur.com/8d6j9av.jpg they look awesome.

Looks awesome, I cant wait for the release! (BTW, any idea when? I hope somethings next month because I will have 2 weeks off from work :P )

Personaly though I prefer the darker colour scheme, Macragge blue is a good base.

Kiss my harris pride of legion armies mwahaha. The pavaise looks alright, not sure if it's worth losing the 3 missile shots.

Missile laucnher's not much use in zone mortalis, which is what the pavise is really broken in msn-wink.gif

Those UM upgrade kits are looking salivating awesome. :D

Colors-wise, I prefer the deep blue (as seen in fire golem's avatar) and burnished bronze look over the baby blue and shiny gold look. 

Kiss my harris pride of legion armies mwahaha. The pavaise looks alright, not sure if it's worth losing the 3 missile shots.

Missile laucnher's not much use in zone mortalis, which is what the pavise is really broken in ;)

the more I think about it/read the rules I've come to see this usefulness :) do the magnets have been applied yea verily so I can chop and change load outs. Where do the zone mortalis rules live? I've never played it and am getting more interested

Missile laucnher's not much use in zone mortalis, which is what the pavise is really broken in msn-wink.gif

the more I think about it/read the rules I've come to see this usefulness smile.png do the magnets have been applied yea verily so I can chop and change load outs. Where do the zone mortalis rules live? I've never played it and am getting more interested

Here you go: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/z/ZM6thUpdate.pdf

Also found in HH: Betrayal with some additions (iirc) in the other books.

What makes the missiles near useless in ZM?

Yeah, They gain Shred and if it already does have shred it gains +1S instead; same with any other template weapon in ZM.

I made an album of all the shots I got from the Weekender. Most of them will be covered already somewhere, but there's some nice clear ones of the Xyphon Interceptor and a lot of the various games that took place.

Facebook gallery link

Those were some really good pics, Emperors Teeth.  Thanks for the link!

Yeah, They gain Shred and if it already does have shred it gains +1S instead; same with any other template weapon in ZM.

I'm confused. You're talking about the Aiolos launcher on the Daredo right? That weapon doesn't have a blast, just 3 S6 AP3 shots that ignore 'obstacles'.

I'm confused. You're talking about the Aiolos launcher on the Daredo right? That weapon doesn't have a blast, just 3 S6 AP3 shots that ignore 'obstacles'.

Yep, I missed the fact thats what they were talking about - for some reason I immediately assumed it was just a normal missile launcher.

The Aiolos, I think, would make for funky rules conundrum in ZM. Since the targets do not need to be in LoS to get shot at, does that mean the missiles can literally be shot around corners and the like? ie: Missile fires, takes a 90 degree turn left, goes down a corridor a bit further, a 90 degree turn right and hits the target so long as its in the 60" range of the launcher.

Edit: incidentally, DG / Sally Flamer spam in ZM would be insane.

DG: Take chem munitions. All flamers gain shred. Ruling for ZM = if template already has shred give it +1S instead.

Sallies: Flamers already get +1S. They gain shred instead but without the Gets Hot! of the DG chem flamers.

A 5 man heavy support squad with heavy flamers is something to strongly consider at that point. Sure, they're limited by flamer range but, 5 HF Templates with Shred (if not part of the two aforementioned Legions) is nothing to scoff at in ZM.

Missiles are also decent because if they scatter onto a wall, they still explode and hit things under the template; the center of the blast being centered on the wall. If they got blast.

Archived