Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

So a plasma eddy with chest heavy flamers behind something that will benefit from his pavaise. I grin.

I've seen some of the day reviews that have tidbits not mentioned here I think, and when tempest drops all the primarchs are getting updated. It's really gonna be beneficial for everyone this book.

I made an album of all the shots I got from the Weekender. Most of them will be covered already somewhere...

You definitely got a better shot of the Guilliman slide than what we had before. :tu:

http://i.imgur.com/uU4IJO9.png

I must admit the classical history student in me is certianly failing in love with these scifi Romans, I mean Ultramarines.

Oh, I do like that better, much more detailing on the face!

As for Iron Hands in ZM (namely immortals) do they still benefit from the -1S to shooting if its from a Flamer?

Phalanx Warders with the RoW, I feel would do better than equivalent Immortals because they're still T5 in CC and might have better CC solutions.

For ZM Eddies, the Plasma is indeed the best option. Being able to lob a 5" Ap 2 Blob of Plasma at things in such confined spaces invaluable - it also gains shred. :x

The Pavise also bring pretty much every legion to parity in terms of everyone having the potential to field 3++ terminators. Granted, It's Cataphractii armor and reliant on the Eddie surviving.

Is that a white scars emblem on the side of that Knight Acheron's leg? Possibly a cool nod to service with the Vth

Awesome pics by the way! Some of the best views of this stuff that we have seen biggrin.png

Nice find - although for the Xth Legion, the plethora of Iron Hands symbols plastered across most of FW's Knight Designs hasn't really amounted to anything unsure.png (however, I think the Scar's one is too distinctive to be a mere coincidence)

Bloody hell. 280 points to run it the way I want.

That 4++ is in no way worth it, even with the buff to other models.

You can stick a Deredeo in cover and leave it there with the guns poking out for a nice cover save.

You can stick a Deredeo in cover and keavw it there with the guns poking out for a nice cover save.

Thing is, a shielderedeo with plasma is more likely to be a close-support unit and will probably see more use in ZM where that +1 invulnerable will have a bigger impact.

Plasma with Missile launcher, however, is another thing entirely...

You can stick a Deredeo in cover and keavw it there with the guns poking out for a nice cover save.

Thing is, a shielderedeo with plasma is more likely to be a close-support unit and will probably see more use in ZM where that +1 invulnerable will have a bigger impact.

Plasma with Missile launcher, however, is another thing entirely...

Yeah, having the plas shielderedeo in ZM would be great because you can have him walk behind your boarding shield marines and give them a +1 for 5++/4++ :D

Not to mention that the plasma blast gets shred in ZM....

So a plasma eddy with chest heavy flamers behind something that will benefit from his pavaise. I grin.

I've seen some of the day reviews that have tidbits not mentioned here I think, and when tempest drops all the primarchs are getting updated. It's really gonna be beneficial for everyone this book.

Where's that bit of info come from? Have read a few of the reports, but not seen anything about updating Primarch rules.

Where's that bit of info come from? Have read a few of the reports, but not seen anything about updating Primarch rules.

I've followed this thread from the beginning and this is the first I've heard of this as well. Deets?

Where do you guys get that from? All it says is that it gives details on the 500 Hundred Worlds (as in the collective title for them), similar to how Book IV detailed the Cyclops Cluster or the Coronid Reach etc; I'd love if it gave a brief name and background, but I can't really see what that would bring to the book other than filler material. This is as a fan of the XIII, and loving these little bits of information, but from a business point of view, telling someone to come up with over 450 new names not previously mentioned in the setting along with a quick background is pretty impossible, as is the fact checking.

If they came up with a map, THAT would be cool, but I can't see it being that important in the vast scheme of things. I'd also be disappoint as a 30K and Ultras "fan" (I hate calling myself that, because of all the ignorants out there who associate fan with fanboyism, and their irrational hatred of Ultras makes them infinitely worse), that out of the possible uses for that time to create more interesting background, all they came up with was a list of names (seriously? it would be like telling someone for the codex that they have to come up with names for every other member of the Ultramarine Chapter).

I would assume that the Ultramarines will get a piece on the Ultramar Realm just like everyone else got one for their home world, or at the very least a sidebar. But aside from a listing of a few worlds, expansions on a few of the biggest, Macragge and Calth most of all, it won't go into too much detail.

Archived