Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

So, does anybody know if Ollanius Pius will be one of the special characters for the Imperial Militia?

I'm thinking no, because of the way the books are written they're more like history books, and Oll probably wasn't common knowledge at the time.

http://spikeybitsblog.com/2015/02/must-read-tempest-seminar-round-up-ii.html

heres the info, I read characters to include primarchs, as they're characters last time I looked. Plus it mentions Lorgar in the same breath

I'm scared of this one for fulgrim and eidolon, those are the only two real things we have going for us! I wouldn't mind the others being useable though (tarvitz/rylanor) and legion rules for soh and ec buffed into line with others.

I don't as it happening though.

2 Goddamn books for the Ultras and Word Bearers, oh and even more censored.gif for the World Eaters. I'll be happy when Prospero comes out and we finally start detailing censored.gif that had already happened by the time Calth rolled around.

Still...I have a soft spot for Ultra boy scouts

• 4 weeks later...

Vindicator Laser Destroyer seems to suffer from an overcompensation issue.. The whole "stick a gun on top that's at least as big as the vehicle" thing is kind of getting out of hand?

Eh not really. It's loosely based on the jagdpanzer IV/70 tank destroyer design just like the vindicator is kinda based on the Sturmtiger.

Vindicator Laser Destroyer seems to suffer from an overcompensation issue.. The whole "stick a gun on top that's at least as big as the vehicle" thing is kind of getting out of hand?

Eh not really. It's loosely based on the jagdpanzer IV/70 tank destroyer design just like the vindicator is kinda based on the Sturmtiger.

That turret looks nothing like the PaK 39.  Note, I'm talking about the gun, not the hull itself, the Vindicator hull is fine.  The gun looks outrageously out of proportion.. I know, humongous guns look cool and stuff but, that doesn't look cool, it looks dumb to me.

EDIT: Oh, now that I read about the tank, the PaK 42 cannon that was fitted on it later, which is larger than the PaK 39 made it too cumbersome and difficult to maneuver, especially in rough terrain, that it got the nickname Guderian-Ente.  Fitting, that.  This is probably the Terra-Ente of 40K.

That turret looks nothing like the PaK 39.  Note, I'm talking about the gun, not the hull itself, the Vindicator hull is fine.  The gun looks outrageously out of proportion.. I know, humongous guns look cool and stuff but, that doesn't look cool, it looks dumb to me.

EDIT: Oh, now that I read about the tank, the PaK 42 cannon that was fitted on it later, which is larger than the PaK 39 made it too cumbersome and difficult to maneuver, especially in rough terrain, that it got the nickname Guderian-Ente.  Fitting, that.  This is probably the Terra-Ente of 40K.

Yeah the newer cannon looks like it would clothesline you if you walked within a mile of it :P

I just think the gun needs more oomph in its rules. Pretty lame considering you can get what? 3 rapier crews for the same price with T7 and the ability to always be in cover.

Archived