93rd Ostheim, 7th Company WiP

Father Mehman

Hello B&C! This is the first time I have begun a WiP Topic and I'm not sure that I know what I'm doing. Go easy on me, or, you know, don't. I have to learn somehow. smile.png

For starters, I'm Mehman and I hope you are well today. I started in 40k a while back when I was a youngster. Being a youngster, I didn't have a good grasp about what made Warhammer 40,000 tick. For me, as I learned later, it's about painting and story. I couldn't care less if I get in a game or not. Well, time-warp to the future and I have accumulated a lot of armies (30k, 40k, Fantasy, and otherwise). The one army that keeps me going is the Astra Militarum. If I get bored with my [insert army here], I can always pick up a trooper for painting or type some backstory on the computer. They are my backbone in this crazy hobby. I figure it's time to show them my appreciation and so, we are here. Care to share a ride through some of their patched-together backstory? I assure you, it is not fleshed-out by any means.

We'll start with the roster and, as the day progresses, hopefully some pictures (although these may come tomorrow)!

93rd Ostheim, 7th Company "Timber Wolves"

Major - Rune Dagrson

Adj. Løytnant - Kjell Magnuson

Platoon Thurisaz Platoon Othala Platoon Raido

Løytnant - Orjan Hroarrson Løytnant - Oddmundr Asa Løytnant - Bjorn Gry

1st Infantry Squad 1st Infantry Squad 1st Infantry Squad

Sersjant - Sjurd Torgeir Sersjant - Stigr Pontus Sersjant - Enok Halvard

2nd Infantry Squad 2nd Infantry Squad 2nd Infantry Squad

Sersjant - Einar Bard Sersjant - Gunnar Torbjorn Sersjant - Goran Haldor

3rd Infantry Squad 3rd Infantry Squad 3rd Infantry Squad

Sersjant - Freyr Geirson Sersjant - Snerra Halstein Sersjant - Ebbe Gudbrandr

4th Infantry Squad 4th Infantry Squad 4th Infantry Squad

Sersjant - Ari Loke Sersjant - Eilefir Gudmundr Sersjant - Frodr Brynjar

5th Infantry Squad 5th Infantry Squad 5th Infantry Squad

Sersjant - Knute Tollak Sersjant - Aksel Eindride Sersjant - Baldr Oystein

Veteran Squad Alpha Veteran Squad Beta Veteran Squad Gamma

Fenrik - Kjell Ulfrson Fenrik - Geir Lokeson Fenrik - Sten Asbjorn

Light Armour Division

Kaptein - Magnus Stigrson

Adj. Løytnant - Bard Torson

Thanks for looking at what I have so far. That's all for tonight but join me tomorrow for more update(s)!

EDIT: Had to make changes to the layout of the roster as it was not showing up properly on tablets. 03-30-15: Edited title and roster name.

Welcome to the Guard Meh and well met :tu: Looks like you've already got a good idea of your background so I'm keen to see more - nobody starts out with a full back story anyway ;) Not as much as I want to see pictures though! What's your army's colour scheme?

Sorry for the late update. Silly real life and all that.

Here is the basic paint scheme. I followed Kierdale's most helpful post about how to take a photo using a camera phone. I'm still working at it but I'm leagues better because of his advice. I wanted to capture the Flecktarn pattern the modern German forces use and I think it is close. If you were to view it in person it would be evident.

gallery_83709_10451_94897.jpg

Thank you for looking!

EDIT: Made picture larger. I'm still learning!

I've been painting these guys for years now and he's the only "finished" model out of the bunch laugh.png. Well, I gave my dad the prototype so this guy's technically the second, but you get the idea!

The prototype had a very muddy base. In fact, it was straight Stirland Mud with some gloss varnish painted on for a nice squishy mud effect. The dried mud got a drybrush of something brown, probably Steel Legion Drab, and that was it. Very simple and easy to replicate across the board. Then I had an idea and it made the prototype trooper look real old school.

Here's the idea: match my basing schemes for Space Marines (all flavours except Space Wolves), Imperial Knights, Militarum Tempestus, and Astra Militarum to my gaming board. Here's the problem: I don't have a gaming board. Now, with my health, I've quit playing the game altogether. I guess that one will just have to burn like the rest of my grand ideas for the hobby mellow.png.

I digress. The new basing idea is to have the same muddy terrain but to add in bits of scorched grass in random places. Grabbed two types of grass from the model train store so I might as well use it, right?

In summation, I'll upload a picture when I get the bases right. You've easily swayed me to do them biggrin.png!

Looks like Kier's tutorial is already yielding good fruit ;) He looks great, I think the camo is particularly good as it is quite understated but still effective. The face and skin is very nice too, well done - you have no excuses not to do more now :lol:

I needed that encouragement more than you know, WarriorFish! Bad couple of days and what-not. Well, a Guardsman doesn't let the little things hold him down. He puffs out his chest, rolls up his sleeves, and gets to painting, er, killing laugh.png!

My next post will be a based and finished trooper. Then, who knows, maybe the squad?

Thanks for the kind words!

Trials and tribulations are merely tests from the Emperor so that we may prove our resolve and faith by overcoming them! Plus it generally isn't considered to be a good idea not to be seen pulling your weight, riles up the commissariat msn-wink.gif So let's see his squad mates done soon Meh thumbsup.gif

Nice trooper, subtle camo yet very effective. Will your armour be following with the same camo or are you going to go in different direction? Lets see a squad (cant talk myself as squad painting takes me months!) great start tho!

Nice trooper, subtle camo yet very effective. Will your armour be following with the same camo or are you going to go in different direction? Lets see a squad (cant talk myself as squad painting takes me months!) great start tho!

Well, funny you should mention the armour. Your work really inspired me on what I'll be doing. All of that beautiful urban razzle dazzle on your tanks got me thinking about other splinter-type camouflage. One thing led to another and I've decided to substitute your urban colours for my woodland ones and slap it on all my armour. If it works I'll be very happy. There seem to be quite a few guys on here that have a hard time scaling patterns from trooper to vehicle level and vise verse.

We'll see how it turns out after these squads go from "varying levels of paint" to finished and based. Thanks for taking a look!

@Kierdale- I will do this with the "finally based proof picture" of the trooper above. Thank you for the comment and advice! I am also indebted to you for your excellent tutorial.

@Marshal Argos- Thank you very much for your comments! I really love this camouflage so seeing other people like it means a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't consider this a double post as some days have passed but, if I'm wrong, forgive me.

Here is one of the 7th Company's priests. Starting with an Empire Flagellant's body, the top-half was liberated from the bottom robes via use of a hobby saw. Something suitable would have to do for a priest so no fatigued legs for him. Oh no. He's got the best: the Command/Platoon Command Squad long-tunic legs. The way the tunic parted was all off so that had to be reversed and then the top-half had to be fleshed-out with some Green Stuff. Then, a rope belt made out of Green Stuff was added and on it were placed a laspistol from the C/PCS Kit and a skull-on-a-chain from the Flagellant box. Not to mention his book from the latter box, also.

The Eviscerator was made from a double-handed chain weapon found in the Flagellant kit and a Khorne Berzerker chainsword. The flails were cut from the haft of the weapon and the chainsword motor and blade (sans Chaotic motif) were then married to the cleaned end by way of paper clip stock and cyanoacrylate. There was a spike at the end of the newly made Eviscerator but it had to go to make room for a small skull.

med_gallery_83709_10451_76409.jpg

med_gallery_83709_10451_53331.jpg

Hope you enjoy the update and thank you for looking!

Archived