Hodson Inquisitorial Warband

Hello again, B&C! Not being satisfied with having an existing WiP thread over on the Astra Militarum Board, I have decided to play my hand here, as well. Hopefully you'll see some neat stuff or gain new ideas as you shred mine to pieces.

Allow me to introduce myself (I'm a man of wealth and taste- sorry, I couldn't resist!): I am Mehman and I hope you are having a good day.

Well, this lady here has an interesting story. I was looking for a female model because, by this time, I had painted none. Have you ever seen that one model and just had to have it to paint? It happened to me before; the Savage Orc Big Boss. That started a whole new army. Anyway, I digress. The model you see on the shelves that had to be sent from the Emperor Himself and there it is, calling sweetly to you "Lo, verily I say: paint me and know happiness!" Well, I couldn't find the right female model. The search continued for some time and much money was spent on models I would probably never use.

Distraught, I put my head in my hands. It would be lovely if I prayed to He on the Golden Throne, but, alas, that did not happen. When I looked at the painting table the next day, two models were sitting next to each other, still in their respective packages. My wife had put them there so she didn't step on them. Little did she know what she had wrought.

No one model was the fit- I knew this. From my days in the Guard, I suddenly remembered a saying: when in doubt, do something. As I said, no one model would work...but what about two? Yes, dear reader, yes! That was it. With great haste, I tore away the clampacks and began to devise a plan. The top half and the bottom half would be different models. Add in a few bitz from the ol' box and there we go!

I give you Genevieve Hodson, Ordo Xenos, wife of Steinar Hodson, Ordo Hereticus. She is still very much a WiP but I think, dear reader, you will get the overall picture.

Her dress lacks the deep purple with subtle, purple drybrushing but, eh.

Genevieve Hodson, Ordo Xenos [Closer View]

I have since gotten a better camera. Her hair, I assure you, is a beautiful red colour.

Genevieve Hodson, Ordo Xenos [Back View]

Thank you for looking!

Very unusual to have members of two different Ordos so closely linked. Could provide for some... interesting narratives!

She looks good, but she needs something to make her obviously 40k. I reckon, anyway.

She actually runs as both given that she controls her husband's actions. Subtly, of course. For example, one time Steinar and the gang were scoping out a ruined building for possible heretics. Everyone in the group knows that's not where anyone is hiding because he had it shelled by the Astra Militarum not ten minutes back but no one wants to blatantly prove him wrong because he has soft feelings. Genevieve suggests another building directly to their westward position that is flying a Slaaneshi flag. With a few moments' thought, Steinar concludes, and tells his entourage, that he has deduced the heretics' position and that they are holed-up in a building to the group's west.

Steinar isn't dumb, he just needs to be pointed in the right direction by the person that he trusts the most. I find this is true-to-life for me, as well.

Thanks for the feedback, too! She is holding a Dark Eldar gun-thing that serves as a Needle Pistol. It's kind of out of the picture's scope, though.

I like the sweet irony of a Ordo Xeno Inquisitor using alien weaponry.

I would agree that other than the pistol the model doesn't look particularly 40K, but maybe that's more to do with its unfamiliarity :).

You could change the sword too for something more 'Imperial' looking to contrast with the pistol.

Great looking Inquisitor though. She cries out for a female-only warband.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the feedback! I honestly didn't think about the irony of her pistol. Now that you've pointed it out, I find it very funny.

Yeah, the only bits on her that are 40k are the pistol (of course), the "I" symbol on her waist, various grenades, and a Grey Knights' reliquary. She's subtle smile.png.

Funny thing about the all female retinue: she has three Death Cult Assassins following her around at any given time. I might extend that idea, though. You've piqued my curiosity, good sir.

All female retinues aren't needed just 'cause you have a female Inquisitor, lol.

That said, Heavy Bolter battle sisters make surprisingly good conversion bases for armoured female models, better than Sisters Superior in some cases, with Seraphim coming in as an honourable mention as well. Don't rule out the possibility of xeno bodies either.

Sisters Sabine make a good potential fluff alternative to Priests, effectively being the Battle Sister version of a Missionary.

That's brilliant! I hadn't thought of using a Sister for a Priest. It works in my head and it's not like I'm going to have to justify anything for gaming purposes.

I've ordered (Emperor forgive me) the Harlequin set for the female bits. I'm planning on converting my Death Cult Assassins so they'll be good for that. Maybe I could even make another female Inquisitor? Just not sure yet.

Well, next up will be the other Inquisitor, Steinar Hodson. He only has primer on him at the moment so a few licks of paint are in order.

Very nice Meh, I agree that some 40king is a good idea. Could be something as simple as some symbols or GSing depending on how brave you're feeling? Not sure what you're doing with your pictures if that's supposed to be red, have you offended its machine spirit somehow? :lol:

I might have offended them, WarriorFish. I'll say some more litanies before snapping off my next shots of her msn-wink.gif.

Alright, let's take a quick list of things from three people whose opinions I trust: she needs more "40k". I have been to the point of almost bashing my noggin against the dog because of this. My wife, bless her ignorance, just says she looks perfect. I held that view with her for about a day and now I think the idea is starting to pierce my thick skull. Yes, she has some 40k trappings about her body (the big "I" on her waist being the biggest tip-off as to her profession) but there is something missing.

This might be time for a fluff write-off or a cataclysmic war within my head to come up with ideas. Maybe some bionics along with a sword change? Well, it'll come to me- might just have to sleep on it.

Wait, if she's not 40k-ified enough, her husband doesn't stand a chance. To the bitz box!

With everyone's help so far, I've decided what to do. The sword will be swapped-out with something more in-line with 40k and I'm going to add a servo-skull... maybe. Not sure about that last bit. Pictures will be taken when all is rectified.

Archived