Dantioch

Hello everybody, been a long time lurker here and after finally biting the bullet I have decided to start my own WIP thread to hopefully kick myself into actually getting some models painted. I've never played a game and dabbled in painting 40K but after spending the last few years immersing myself in everything Horus Heresy related that Black Library and Forge World released, how could I say no to starting my own Legion force?

I initially wanted to paint up a Death Guard force but after starting I quickly realised painting white isn't my thing haha so I fell back to my second favourite Legion the brutal Iron IVth. Everybody on here has been a big inspiration for me so hopefully you will enjoy my slow but sure progress, Thanks!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IW%20WIP_zpsvuwghgvh.jpg

Still a bit to go on my first marine but I think this is the general scheme I'll be going with, C&C welcome biggrin.png

Good on you for taking a leap of faith and joining the heresy, Iron Warriors are a personal favourite of mine so I'll be following with interest!

Also with a name like Dantioch can we expect a take on the loyalist IV Legion elements?

Great Start man, keep on going and POST MOAR

Thanks! Should finish my first marine today tonight smile.png

Good on you for taking a leap of faith and joining the heresy, Iron Warriors are a personal favourite of mine so I'll be following with interest!

Also with a name like Dantioch can we expect a take on the loyalist IV Legion elements?

Cheers, no I'm focussing on the traitors just now but if FW decide to release a Dantioch model down the line you'll definitely see a Dantioch and Polux brofist kill team biggrin.png

Still working on him just now as I browse all the new HH weekender photos and man do they look awesome so far!

So here's another quick WIP photo of Thallax allies. Thanks again for the likes and comments everyone really appreciate it

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/Thallax%20wip_zps06q5z7fg.jpg

And an idea on how I want my characters helmets to look, thoughts?

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/Sarge%20wip_zpsqicehnej.jpg

Followed! Your stuff looks great. I've just started an Iron Warriors plog myself, so I'll be watching this for inspiration. How do you paint your iron? 

The hazard stripes are looking suave. Did you find it hard to get a smooth yellow? I often struggle to get my colours as smooth as some people here manage.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Followed! Your stuff looks great. I've just started an Iron Warriors plog myself, so I'll be watching this for inspiration. How do you paint your iron?

The hazard stripes are looking suave. Did you find it hard to get a smooth yellow? I often struggle to get my colours as smooth as some people here manage.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks Brother, I'll be sure to check your Iron warriorsbiggrin.png

For the Armour:I prime with chaos black spray then go over that with slightly thinned Leadbelcher until I have a solid coat. After that I go over all the Leadbelcher with Ironbreaker.

I then wash the whole thing with 2 coats of Nuln Oil to dull down the armour, I then apply Agrax Earthshade in places I think grease and dirt would accumulate. Yeah the yellow was a bit annoying at first but I just used several thin coats of Averland Sunset until I got a nice solid yellow, took quite a while though.

Hope this helps!

Sounds doable. I was planning much the same thing, but using Boltgun Metal and Mithril Silver. How many coats of thinned Leadbelcher do you do? 

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't forget to say hi, if you visit my plog. 

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Sounds doable. I was planning much the same thing, but using Boltgun Metal and Mithril Silver. How many coats of thinned Leadbelcher do you do?

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't forget to say hi, if you visit my plog.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

The amount of coats will vary I just keep going until I get a nice solid colour with no black showing through smile.png

Greetings brothers/sisters wont be able to get much painting done today due to uni work sad.png but I am working on some stuff just now that I should post later.

As the weekend moves on its seems less and less likely that we will see some Iron Warriors stuff at the weekender unfortunately, so I've decided to make a Forge World order later tonight and I want to order a vehicle of some kind( my first one) so what do you guys suggest?

I am steering towards a Spartan or Proteus at the minute though but that could change biggrin.png

Great mini, can't wait to see what the whole squad will look like!

The only constructive criticism I have is that you might want to add a bit of black or gold to his legs to break up all the silver.

Thanks, yeah the more I look at him the more I agree with you. Thinking of giving him some brass knee pads to match his shoulder pad rims and thanks for the suggestion it's great having people to give me constructive criticism hopefully it'll improve my minis and painting skill biggrin.png

Thanks again Operative!

Looking fabulous so far.... For a herectic;)

Cheers! Heretic? these Iron Warriors are still loyal though........to the true emperor Horus! haha

Personally I've never been a fan of the Proteus (something seems weird about its shape), but the choice is all yours.

Also seeing as it is your first forge world tank do you want to start off with something smaller? Although you might as well be painting something you love.

I'd go with a spartan... Go big or go home;). Also- Spartans can hold a 20 man squad plus character plus apothecary and the IW practiced an attrition style of warfare. 20+ dudes rolling out of a hard as iron LR sounds right up yer alley:)

So I made my FW order and ended up not getting a vehicle after doing some browsing and I think I'm perhaps not quite ready to tackle one of FW's bigger tanks but my order did include the parts of my planned Warsmith and a certain new chassis of dreadnought....and some other things that will be revealed when they arrive biggrin.png

But here's a little teaser of what I'm working on now

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IW%202%20Wip_zps2s8dweeo.jpg

So I've not got much done today but this did arrive this morning biggrin.png

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/Tallarn_zpswlqsbuvz.jpg

Missed it when it first released so I'm looking forward to reading it and after having a quick look through it, it looks like Tallarn:Ironclad releases on the 20th Feburary. I'm thinking of painting the discarded helmet in Iron Hand colours, not sure yet though.

Should have the next Iron Warrior up here soon, Thanks!

I've always loved the cover of that novel, although I too have never bought it as I have a thing for not buying any format that doesn't fit in with my existing collection of paperbacks (I don't mind being a little OCD laugh.png).

Iron hands seems like an interesting choice of dead legionary, far better than the usual Imperial Fists I must say.

Archived