Epher's Guardians of the Covenant - Vows Complete!

Epher

Nice work smile.png

I use Vallejo Decal fix system for decals with an added coat of matt varnish to reduce the shine afterwards. I find it works well.

I will have to look into that. The Lahmian Medium that I am using is giving me mixed results.

All your base are belong to us... Land speeder bases are done! The PVA has not even dried yet. The typhoon unit is done and I will have some picture posted tomorrow. The Vengeance is next!

med_gallery_83962_10975_327350.jpg

Well, it is time to up my game on my photography skills. It is overcast today which means optimal natural lighting! I have my Typhoon Squadron done for the ETL! Here are some pics of them... and by some, I mean a bunch!

Land Speeder 1 is my favorite. I like how the pilot turned out with the bolt pistol. They were a little more work than I realized but I find that is the case with painting any mini. I had to put the crossed swords on the front since they are the Ravening of the Guardians of the Covenant. They also have the red wings on their chests to set them apart too.

C&C is always welcome!

Here is a better pic of what the bases look like:

med_gallery_83962_10975_93660.jpg

Here is the squadron:

med_gallery_83962_10975_44674.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_251042.jpg

Here is Land Speeder 1 with two views:

med_gallery_83962_10975_207497.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_197159.jpg

Land Speeder 2:

med_gallery_83962_10975_30423.jpg

And Land Speeder 3:

med_gallery_83962_10975_105463.jpg

Everything works! EVERYTHING! The bases are amazing, the highlighting of the black, the measured use of red that makes it even more effective and the crossed swords! ohmy.png

Bravo!

Thanks Captain Semper and everyone for your kind comments! Looking at the land speeders makes me want to repaint most of my bikes. Here is a question. For those of you running land speeders with double heavy bolters, are you using the twin-linked heavy bolters from the Sableclaw bits or do you mount one under the nose and the gunner has the other one? I have managed to snag two more speeders and an attack bike! Lots of love for the Second Company this summer!

Sweeeeeet. Lovely squad you got there. Highlighting it all must have taken some time.

Edit: *ahem* I meant squadron ofcourse.

I have about 6 hours worth of work sunk into each speeder. The highlighting was the best part since it makes the most dramatic difference!

Beautifull squadron Epher!

Congratulations for your crossed sword msn-wink.gif

Thanks, Galthan! Just wondering if I am missing something more to the meaning of the crossed swords?

Great work epher! Love your speeders! Hope my minis come out as good as yours

Thanks, jbeaza! The highlighting wasn't too bad of a task. It just took some time and a steady hand. I am looking forward to seeing some more up date pictures of the Iron Lions!

@jbaeza: That sucks that you had to leave your models behind. Soon they will get the attention they deserve!

So here is an update on the LS Vengeance. I was not sure what to do with or how to paint the window. I think the blue would be out of place on the speeder and in my army. So this is my attempt! I started with a base of blending yellow and light grey, trying to keep the yellow on the outside and the lighter color in the middle. I then did a red wash but I have seemed to lose a lot of the yellow in the process. I then watered down the grey and touched up the middle of the panes. I was trying to get something like a candle light effect but I think this will work well with the reds and the grey highlights. So does it look more like art or a dirty palette? C&C welcome!

med_gallery_83962_10975_21681.jpg

I like it, great idea! It's hard to pull that off, as the light source is internal. Maybe highlight the inner parts of the archs and like Lostrael said, the surrounding parts of the LS with a warm color to emulate the glow?

Thanks for the good advice! I would not have thought to add the glow to surrounding areas. I think I will wait until I finish the speeder first and then decide. To be honest, I am a little hesitant because I do not have a lot of practice with the technique and I do not want to mess up the paint job. Perhaps I will put it to a vote!

Edit:

I picked up two more land speeders and what I thought was one attack bike from a local classified ad. Turns out I got an extra attack bike upgrade sprue! Jackpot!!

Amazing work on the Speeder squadron Epher!! They look brilliant.  As Capt. said, it all works, every detail - is "perfect" to strong a word!?

And the effect on the LS cockpit - pure win, I looked at it quickly whilst scrolling down to see the latest update, and immediately scrolled back up an stared at it for moments.  It’s a very impressive effect you've achieved!!!  Well done sir!

Amazing work on the Speeder squadron Epher!! They look brilliant. As Capt. said, it all works, every detail - is "perfect" to strong a word!?

And the effect on the LS cockpit - pure win, I looked at it quickly whilst scrolling down to see the latest update, and immediately scrolled back up an stared at it for moments. It’s a very impressive effect you've achieved!!! Well done sir!

You are too kind! I was hoping to be further along but with my vow but I think the end result is worth the time! Here is the Vengeance! The layering is a little heavy in some spots but I think it works. I decided not to add the warm glow from the windows but I added it to the plasma. I would think the plasma glow would be brighter than the cockpit. So for your viewing pleasure!

med_gallery_83962_10975_167398.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_67000.jpg

med_gallery_83962_10975_126438.jpg

Archived