The Eagle Spire - Eagles Eternal Chapter Blog

War Angel

I've been doing some work on my primaris company. I had an idea that they would take iconography from the Raiders, the spear. How does this look?

uTukhYy.jpg

I also decided to go back to the very first models I made, I'm making the chapter symbol from scratch for each model again. This means that each one will come out different from the others. Hopefully they at least look good. So far I've done 16 since my last post.

ayeeDjq.jpg

Finally off you today, I actually managed to get in a game yesterday. 2v3, 3k points per side. I only took two pictures of my forces holding a hill from some filthy Greenskins. Enjoy! (Ps, there was also necrons.... I've been told they too were filthy)

F8Zf5qt.jpg

cbrD3JP.jpg

The spearhead symbol looks good. The eagle/globe/anchor is too complicated to look good at so small a size- don't blame yourself for lacking skills, you're a human being, not an AdMech Archmagos with a nanomachine assembly array capable of providing the desired level of detail- and shouldn't it have two heads, like the Imperial Aquila?

I've been doing them with the one head... my hopes where that every single model having it would make it look good though uniformity. Some are clearly better than others. You don't think the spear will look odd on heavy support and close support squads do you?

You don't think the spear will look odd on heavy support and close support squads do you?

To avoid confusion, it's best the spearhead be used in place of similar-looking Codex insignia, e.g., the up-pointing arrow that symbolizes the Battleline, as seen here. If you insist on using the spearhead as Close/Heavy Support insignia, you should replace the Battleline insignia, to avoid confusion.

I was thinking about just putting the spear as the image for all of the squadleaders

As rank insignia? Again, it will look like the Battleline's arrow insignia from a distance, and will cause confusion unless you further differentiate it, e.g., color it in a notable manner.

• 6 months later...

Having been restructured and reformed as a Primaris company, the Fifth Eagles Eternal company was dispatched with the crusade to the Agricultural world of Bell Alpha. Bell A's produce and supplies provided curcial resources to the crusades stretched logistic lines, and traitor forces had dug in hoping to cause severe losses to imperial forces though starvation. The Marines deployed to the front, just as militarium forces were making (what they claimed to be) a tactical retreat. Legend has it, Captain Williams, Commander of the Fifth, rallied the guardsmen with just two words....

ZW8jcGe.jpg

Dug into the woods deeper than a tick on a guardsmans ass, it took the Marines three weeks to purge the enemy forces from the battlefield. Captain Williams had fallen the first day, but his actions and heroism inspired the operation until its completion. A fountain was erected as a tribute to the Marines. To this day whenever the Eagles Eternal are in the sector they make the time to visit and drink from its waters.

It is very common within the chapter that descendants of the same family will join the ranks. Currently the fifth company is once again being led by Captain Williams, the great grandson of his younger brother.

aXTB2H9.jpg

I still need to do the purity seals and weapons and eyes of everyone on my table. As well as touch up. Anyone got some suggestions on swords?

Some progress has been made, and I'm almost to the point where I'll be doing the eyes, and then the plasma coils. Before I get there, I was hoping I could get some advice. In the past my eyes have always been red, and my plasma has always been blue. Honestly, I could probably make plasma any color though, and I've been debating the same for the eyes.... what do you all think would look best?

Na3YUAH.jpg

PS, do I have enough highlighting?

Edited by War Angel

It has been 4 years since I last finished painting a Marine. Let's hope I don't go that long before finishing the next one. Usually I listen to music while painting, but lately I've gotten an idea to paint up some guardsmen in digital cammo, so I started listening to imperial guard tactics. I actually was able to find a channel on YouTube of a guy who comes on to the BnC and had a significant number of videos on everything from weapon loadouts and when to use certain units, to fluff and budget building your collection. Sadly I couldn't find the same for space marines, which is a shame.

I don't have fluff for these guys. It's just the first ten models I started to batch paint from the DI box. In typical fashion I have given the characters and squad leaders names of Marines I know or know of. This time however, I've been a recruiter for the last two years, so I've named some of members after Marines I put into the corps. You may find that I've named the ancient and one of the lieutenants the same. The ancient is named after one of the first people I recruited, who was our stations guide before he shipped, and was a squad leader all though bootcamp. His father is also a Marine, so I found out fitting to pay tribute in that way.

Before I post the pictures, there are a few things snuck into these photos, clues to other projects I'm working on.

eOO2vFL.jpg

dBQkTDU.jpg

SDm8UTg.jpg

ZQ0eCKK.jpg

wcBXBbr.jpg

3Zo79Uu.jpg

iIzS1Ud.jpg

yVApG8m.jpg

Yes, I still need to base them, in waiting on something for that. Also, I don't know what to paint in place of the squad numbers for models who arnt in a squad.... any suggestions?

Questions and comments keep me motivated, thanks for stopping by.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“With a huge hole in the wall, there was no hope for the militarum forces guarding Alpha city. Immediately and without hesitation 5 Intercessor Marines, 1st Squad 5th Company, jumped from the wall and into the breach. Their weapons sang a hymn of praise and glory to the emperor as they cut down the advancing hordes in perfect volleys. The roar of their bolt rifles drew the attention of the guard, rallying them and raising their moral. Within moments several companies had rejoined and entered the breach, adding their firepower to the Marines, pushing the invaders back.”

Another five intercessors have been finished, now I’ll start the bases for all 19 models and hopefully have them done before Sunday.

Et6XQtV.jpg

tW0Ipz9.jpg

Need some advice here. I started painting my bases. I wanted the colored sections to look like the paint was wearing off and revealing the metallic beneath. Did I pull it off? Is there anything else I can do to make it look better?

uTjAJrO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Having finished the previous 19 Marines, I’ve now begun work on the 3 inceptors. Once they are done I’ll have finished my first dark imperium box. Took me long enough. I think I’m about 60% done.

nBWeNuX.jpg

0XneuT1.jpg

I also think I used too much shade.