The Eagle Spire - Eagles Eternal Chapter Blog

War Angel

• 2 months later...

Good morning everyone, I got a lot of painting done over the holidays, hopefully I can sustain this amount of painting when I don’t have days off in the middle of the week, but only time will tell. A little update on my second squad of hell blasters, and my new chapter master.

uanCWOj.jpg

BrV2sVO.jpg

The other hellblasters in the picture is from the first squad, I was using him as an example for the plasma coils, which I couldn’t replicate perfectly for some reason.

Question for everyone, what color should I do the power sword?

Thats a tough question re: the sword....

Youve got a nice popping color scheme with both darks and lights. To keep from introducing another color you could use the same plasma colors, its what i did on my wolves for the plasma, power, and frost weapons. If you want them to jump out more id think a nice violet or pink would work well.

Thats a tough question re: the sword....

Youve got a nice popping color scheme with both darks and lights. To keep from introducing another color you could use the same plasma colors, its what i did on my wolves for the plasma, power, and frost weapons. If you want them to jump out more id think a nice violet or pink would work well.

What do you think about yellow?

I didn’t finish these yesterday like I wanted to, but here it is, the last bit of work from 2019. I would do a recap of everything I finished this year but all the models are put away, and it’s not much different from he picture I took in October. His years resolution is to get more paint time in, and put more models on the table. Wish me luck.

XrUQMpZ.jpg

T7jJVNL.jpg

And my first ever finished guard squad

uE6NpDW.jpg

Second part to my resolution is to take better pictures.

My New Years resolution is to get more models done. To help me with that, I have a little scheduling tool. Each month I will plan out what models I intend to finish, allowing me to hold myself accountable for not completing them. This week the goal is to finish a redemptor dreadnaught. And for the rest of the month I intend to finish an inceptor squad. I also vowed a mortar team and an infantry squad for my guardsmen. The mortar team was finished in the first 4 days, taking only ten hours.

Last night I finished building the redemptor and spruced it up with a few bits. I also got to play a 500 point game in which my new chapter master used his burning blade to take out a blood angled smash captain in a counter charge, and my stalker bolt rifles used the stratagem to kill a Necromunda warlord (2v2) so that was fun. Game ended turn two due to the store closing.

Here’s some pictures.

7ZZ1dR7.jpg

YdNjKof.jpg

i6Y4pv4.jpg

I think I’ve been working on this for almost a year or over a year, I can’t remember which, but it’s finnaly done. Long long LONG hours have been put into this. I lost sleep painting it on days where I should have gone to bed. I’ve listened to so many videos while painting. It’s been a long journey, and it’s finally done. May I present to you all, the planet of Quantico.

OhSJPPz.jpg

E98zl8I.jpg

1wzwLRs.jpg

SkZD4xA.jpg

3KhEvGy.jpg

d3PHHEQ.jpg

Ui4GnoG.jpg

vGZu7KL.jpg

tzlgcJC.jpg

What do you guys think, also does anyone have any varnish recommendations?