The Eagle Spire - Eagles Eternal Chapter Blog

War Angel

Small update, I’ve never used the clear plastic flying stands. So here’s what I think I’m supposed to do, I glued the model (painted) to the stand, then put glued the stand to the base (unpainted) I’m going to add some rubble to the bases, hoping that glueing more stuff to the clear plastic where it meets the base will help secure everything together. Then I’ll cover everything that I don’t need painted black, and put the primer down.

I think that’s a better option than painting the base and then flying it.

Or I already messed up. Idk

MrIGWdW.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like the idea for the name, but what about my use of the EGA surprises you?

It's probably because the single-headed Eagle is rarely used in Warhammer. Iirc, the only time it's used is in 30k, on Dorn and Nathaniel Garro's armour.

2ZhMWXT.jpg

I did a little more work to the Eagle, adding some extra depth to him, as well as finishing off the anchor with the rope, and the globe with North and South America. I also came up with some names.

When the new repulsor comes out I plan to buy two of them, depending on the rules, and naming the three in a similar fashion. I think these sound like a good trio, but what do you think?

Wrath of Honor

Defender of Courage

Faith of Commitment

The three core values of the Marines are of course; honor courage and commitment. So these names seem fitting, but I would love some feedback.

The green stuff EGA is well done. As for a name, how about "Wrath of the Faithful" or "Wrath of the Just"? Maybe "Hammer of Faith", "Hammer of Justice", or "Hammer of Vengeance"? "Chariot of Champions" or "Chariot of the Crusaders"?

I like the idea for the name, but what about my use of the EGA surprises you?

It's probably because the single-headed Eagle is rarely used in Warhammer.
Exactly- I'm surprised no effort was made to make the insignia look Imperial, e.g., use the two-headed Aquila in place of the eagle, or an M30 anchor (or whatever the AdMech uses to secure a starship) in place of the M2 design.

Wrath of Honor

Defender of Courage

Faith of Commitment

The three core values of the Marines are of course; honor courage and commitment. So these names seem fitting, but I would love some feedback.

Instead of using the "Blank of Blank", you could go with a two word possessive:

Honor's Wrath

Courageous Defender

Committed Faithful

For the last one, I'd prefer Committed Saber, Commited Blade, or some such.

I never really wanted to “imperialize” the EGA. I’ve just always done it this way. I look at it as more of a symbol from their home world rather than the imperium. They still use old wooden shipping vessels.

I like the idea of dropping the “of” but maybe keeping the Value at the end still.

Wrath’s Honor

Defenders Courage

Faithful Commitment

I, War Angel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LIX on the side of the Eagles Eternal of the Adele’s Astarte and vow to complete one Primaris Repulsor with twinlinked lascannons, lastalon onslaught Gatling cannon, iron hail heavy stunner, two fragstorm grenade launchers, two storm bolters, and Icarus rocket pod worth 313 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me will bring me Eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. For the Emperor! Always faithful, Always forward!

NLdaRtz.jpg

1KDZvBF.jpg

lFLjVV6.jpg

I’m posting my current standings on my vow so that I can achieve two things. One, obtaining motivation. Two, getting some feedback. My current plan is to paint the frag boxes, the las talons “eye” and of course everything that’s grey, white. Then a couple black gun casings, and the finer details. My question for you all is, those supply containers towards the rear (should have put them on after painting) what color should they be? originally I was going to do them black but now I realize white is more my theme. Any suggestions? I’m also still debating how to do the storm bolter turrets.

Thanks for stopping by!

j7mj0zQ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished her, the Swift Honor. I’m happy with the way everything came out, but the storm bolters don’t really fit in there holes anymore. I was going to paint the company’s crest on it, but there wasn’t really anywhere to put it.

nYokYxu.jpg

6AkpcWr.jpg

Y2L1Tx8.jpg

ajR9nZo.jpg

What should I make next? I’ve got a few options. Could make her sister (tanks are always female)

My second vow is about 90% done. Just the gold and metal left to do. I’ve decided that the purity seals on the apothecary will be red, seeing as they will be on golden jars. I like the way the tabard came out. For anyone wondering why I didn’t paint his legs white, this is because the Eagles Eternal first company has the honor of having white legs.

Now, question for you all, should I paint the chapter symbol in black on his left knee as I usually do, or should I paint the apothecary symbol in white? Tough choice right? That’s how I felt.

TxKLSgZ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

vf5eGHe.jpg

It’s time to fill out the ranks, another squad joins the fight, there’s already so many members of the command structure involved, it just fits that we start to fill the company out. I need to go through some bits and see about using some additional parts to really make sure these guys arnt all exactly the same. After all, I’ve still got 45 more to build!

Two things I feel should be addressed. First, would it kill them to do some research? There’s no reason to hold your rifle so that you can’t pull the trigger. NOT EVEN TO RELOAD! Modern military can reload while still keeping their finger on the trigger, super humans should be even better.

• 1 month later...

It’s about time I posted these photos. May I present to you, the Righteous Indignation.

p7eclaz.jpg

P5mI3dJ.jpg

KDC889P.jpg

NoFdhys.jpg

And here’s a gathering of my army, or at least the Primaris side of it. I just realized I had intended to put RI in there, oh well, next time.

rjlTU5m.jpg

HFflAqZ.jpg

And yes, I’m working on a sector imperialis. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, lemme know.

The Righteous Indignation looks great from the front, but why camouflage his back, and only his back? To reduce his visibility from the rear, and thus, vulnerability to rear attacks? So similarly camouflaged allies who follow in the Knight's footsteps, won't misidentify him and subsequently make him a victim of "friendly fire"?

The Righteous Indignation looks great from the front, but why camouflage his back, and only his back? To reduce his visibility from the rear, and thus, vulnerability to rear attacks? So similarly camouflaged allies who follow in the Knight's footsteps, won't misidentify him and subsequently make him a victim of "friendly fire"?

The rear half of the carapace is camouflaged not to hide the knight, but because that is the “uniform” of assets belonging to my space marine chapter.

Also I had so much space available and I just thought, “what would look cool to try?” I’m going to also do my Phobos camo cloak that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been doing a lot of work on the realm of battle. I want to name the planet something to the effect of “Quantico” and then when I play on it it can be any of the city’s on the planet for narrative purpose. I felt like I had made a lot of progress but even still, there’s so much to do. The only things done are the sidewalks (massive tripping hazards) and the building outlines (just not the grated sections). If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do with the grates I’m still not really set on anything. Time for a picture.

XGiBOlI.jpg